Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A New Dawn said:
How are you doing, Casi?! It's good to see you. :hug:

But don't you have contention where you post, too? LOL.

God bless!
Dawn
HEHE....well let me put it this way...I don't have contention about Mormonism...and I don't get flamed nearly as often :)

I am doing alright..just got registered today for 16 credit hours and informed that I have a part time job starting soon at a bank..so I am going to be one busy cookie...along with my .com site...well...let's just say...:doh: no time for fun for a bit.

How are you and your family?

I do miss posting here in the UT but I dont think they are going to open it to us ..erm...really really unorthodox people any time soon :)

~Casi~

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Casiopeia said:
HEHE....well let me put it this way...I don't have contention about Mormonism...and I don't get flamed nearly as often :)

I am doing alright..just got registered today for 16 credit hours and informed that I have a part time job starting soon at a bank..so I am going to be one busy cookie...along with my .com site...well...let's just say...:doh: no time for fun for a bit.

How are you and your family?

I do miss posting here in the UT but I dont think they are going to open it to us ..erm...really really unorthodox people any time soon :)

~Casi~
We are doing well. :)

My older daughter got her letter saying she was accepted to the All State All-String Orchestra based on her NYSSMA scores this year. The concert will be in Rochester, NY in October. I am very excited. :)

My husband is upgrading to Captain. THAT is exciting! :)

Nothing new for me, though. :sigh:

Glad things are happenin' for you! :thumbsup: That all sounds great!

Reactions: Cassiopeia
Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A New Dawn said:
We are doing well. :)

My older daughter got her letter saying she was accepted to the All State All-String Orchestra based on her NYSSMA scores this year. The concert will be in Rochester, NY in October. I am very excited. :)

My husband is upgrading to Captain. THAT is exciting! :)

Nothing new for me, though. :sigh:

Glad things are happenin' for you! :thumbsup: That all sounds great!
Wow..I tell you what wow...sounds like you all are doing well too :thumbsup:

Reactions: A New Dawn
Upvote 0

WoundedImmortal

Never Injure What Cannot Die
May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice to meet you Casi...You say you changed your icon, but which one did you have before?

I was unaware that the pagan icon was one of the ones allowed in UT...Which icons (Aside from all the ones allowed in the Christains Only forums, and the ons for the religoins reprisented in the forums here) are allowed? Never really took time to wonder...

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
WoundedImmortal said:
Nice to meet you Casi...You say you changed your icon, but which one did you have before?

I was unaware that the pagan icon was one of the ones allowed in UT...Which icons (Aside from all the ones allowed in the Christains Only forums, and the ons for the religoins reprisented in the forums here) are allowed? Never really took time to wonder...
I had a non-denominal Christian Icon. I was LDS for years and left. It was my defense of Mormonism that got me into such contentious arguments.

As Dawn said only believers are allowed to post in this forum...however, I would like to point out that it really means, those who are believers as defined by the rules of the forum. I have not given up my respect and belief in Jesus' teachings. Merely given up using the christian icon as I got tired of being told I am not a "true" christian. But ..let us keep this light :)

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Swart said:
First_Cybermen.jpg

Hey! It's the 1963 Ford Prefect Transformer toy!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
May all your Prayers be answered.

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert like island.

The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God.

However, to determine whose prayers should be most effective, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing they prayed for was food.

The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, another ship was wrecked, and the only survivor was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing.

Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes, more food. The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island and boarded the ship with his wife.

Since none of the other man’s prayers had been answered, he considered him unworthy to receive God's blessings, so he decided to leave the second man on the island.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?"

"My blessings are a result of my faith and prayers, since I was the one who prayed for them," the first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered and so I figured he does not deserve anything."

"You are sorely mistaken, and are in great debt to him.”

“How’s that?” the first man asked.

”It was his great faith that invoked the blessings, and he prayed that all your prayers might be answered."

http://www.websites-host.com/insp/istories.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hmm... I forgot about this, we're gona have to start putting [OPEN] tags in all our threads.

Just a reminder ....................... [OPEN] tags are only for fellowship threads, not for debate threads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swart

ÜberChristian
Mar 22, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟24,687.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Swart's update:

I finished up a major project this last week and will be handing it over on Tuesday (hopefully that means I'll get paid).

Last night's Dr Who episode was the funniest (and weirdest) one yet. It was an intertextual dig a Dr Who geek fans. Watch for the humorous twist at the end. :cool: Certain aspects of which are left to the viewers imagination. ;)

I'm off on my annual holiday to Noosa next week which will be a technology-free holiday (hence no Internet). It's a tought life, but somebody has to do it. :)

BTW: Anyone want to meet the meat?

(For Dr Who spotters: "Major Cow" in the HGTG BBC TV series is played by Peter Davison, who at that time was married to Sandra Dickinson, who played Trillian)

Upvote 0

Swart

ÜberChristian
Mar 22, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟24,687.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Well, I'm back from my holiday. I may post some piccies later. It was interesting to say the least. I somehow forgot to take the handbrake off whilst driving on the beach and even drove 10km or so before they siezed up. At the time I thought I had done the rear differential in as well. Fortunately, it only cost me a tow and a new set of brake pads, however it was a few days before I found out the damage was minimal.

It gave me the opportunity to meet up with a Good Samaritan that that took my family back to the resort. It also helped me become re-acquainted with prayer in time of desperation. :prayer: (It was late Friday afternoon and we were literally in the middle of nowhere).

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm back from my holiday. I may post some piccies later. It was interesting to say the least. I somehow forgot to take the handbrake off whilst driving on the beach and even drive 10km or so before they siezed up. At the time I thought I had done the rear differential in as well. Fortunately, it only cost me a tow and a new set of brake pads, however it was a few days before I found

It gave me the opportunity to meet up with a Good Samaritan that that took my family back to the resort. It also helped me become re-acquainted with prayer in time of desperation. :prayer: (It was late Friday afternoon and we were literally in the middle of nowhere).

Well, if you are going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, that middle of nowhere looks like a pretty nice place to be stuck in. Much better than these middle of nowheres (or is it middles of nowhere?). :)

Upvote 0