[open] Pregnant women - a place to chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marionette

Jun 3, 2006
Tennessee
✟7,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have had lots of doctors be very disrespectul to my body as they examined me- treating it like it was a burden and a chore, rather than that they are entering the holy of holies of my body.
That's such a lovely way of putting it~ Seems alot of doctors could use a good re-educating when it comes to such delicate things. It may be routine for them but (usually) not for the patients! Can I just carry you around in my pocket from now on, Rose? :D

LOL I just had a huge orange, and before that we went out for tacos
Gyuuuu.. I was just sitting here thinking how I could eat like.. 10 tacos right now.. :yum:

Leanna knows that I'm nearly in denial about what I'm going to go through to get this little person outside in the big scary world. Seriously, I read birth details and my brain sort of edits the horribly scary info and I push it all to the back of my mind never to be pondered. I realize that's not so good; I do indeed need to read some of those books, so it's good that I'm starting to get a running list for when I can face them. I am just really bad with being in pain and also, I'm a big baby when in comes to anything physical/yucky or just too medical. *rolls eyes* In other words, this birth is going to force me grow up.
Leanna, can you make some guacomole?

P.S I did, however do all the reading on epidurals versus natural birth and talked to several people. That's how I decided the risk of an epidural and it's side effects (like an emergency C-section) are not for me. I also have done a TON of reading on CIO and mainstream parenting versus attachment parenting.
I've been the same way pain-wise so we can ride in that boat together! Before getting pregnant, the last time I was stuck with a needle was.. when I was 10 or so.. It took about 7 misc. doctors and staff to hold me down to draw blood! :sick: I've been so proud of myself for not climbing the walls at my OB visits that required blood tests! (Even though I felt like it..)
I nearly imploded when I started reading pregnancy books (The infamous What to Expect.. for starters) and saw all the weird stuff my body might do. Looking back, it's not been half as bad/weird as the books have said! I dunno~ Maybe I was just an easy case! ^_^

Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yeah, you need tomatoes too! lol I know it is ridiculous. I never have...yuck! That is why I told hubby that he would have to be the one to enforce baby's eating habits because I am one of the world's pickiest eaters myself. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yeah, you need tomatoes too! lol I know it is ridiculous. I never have...yuck! That is why I told hubby that he would have to be the one to enforce baby's eating habits because I am one of the world's pickiest eaters myself. lol

Me to, hubby and daughter eat anything, I pick at everything. Going to a resutrant is nuts with me, cause I order without this and without that, lol.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can feel the baby now, and it moved through the entire movie, "Lady in the Water"
how exciting! now do you mean you are feeling the kicks already? or are you feeling the fluttering?

with my last pregnancy i felt the flutters starting at 15 1/2 weeks and the kicking not till 22 weeks.

This pregnancy i started feeling the fluttering at 14 weeks, but havent felt the kicks yet

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you girls so much for the prayers! The appt went very well! The baby is fine and had a strong heartbeat of 143 bpm! They don't know why I'm spotting but they think it may be an infection so he gave me an antibiotic cream to use for 7 nights. I hope it helps and the spotting stops. I'm also on bedrest for the next 3 weeks just in case. I have an appt next Thursday the 4th and then one again on the 10th. I'm so relieved and I thank God so much for keeping this little bean safe!!
i am sooo glad to hear that things are ok and that baby has a nice healthy 143 heartbeat!! Mine just had a 142 heartbeat when i went to the OB on Thurs.

i will continue praying for you and the little one. STay rested as the doctor said! Let us know how your appt goes on Thursday! huggs.

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have worked at adjusting our tastes to certain good foods, most foods have to grow on you. So to allow them to grow, we take one bite.... one bite every time we come across the food...and one day you find you LIKE it... I mean I used to not like guacamole. I realize that David eats what I eat. Children learn by example and are not fooled. So I pull out and eat a grapefruit.... that's what he wants. If I pull out and eat candy... he's down with that too. The boy loves grapefruit, pink grapefruit, without ANY sugar... because when he was a year old he thought that if mommy eats it and isn't offering it it must be good. So he asked for a bite and I gave him some. He had this sour look on his face, but every time he saw me eating one he had a bite.... and now he is known to eat two whole grapefruits in a single sitting. He likes lots of things that people tell me toddlers shouldn't like. Considering the rise of many serious health care issues including type 2 diabetes in children (directly linked to the standard American diet) dh and I knew we needed to start making a change when I got pregnant. Before that we were awful. We still have a ways to go, but we're getting there. We just keep cutting out some of the yuckies in our diet and replace it with other good-for-you stuff. Eventually maybe we'll be health nuts. ;) Either way, I think its worth trying for.... I want to be a healthy thin old lady and that means I have to take care of my body. And my husband's! .... and my childrens. I am likely shaping my children's tastes for healthy food for life.

/rant

:)

Upvote 0

Mum2Be

Dec 11, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟7,692.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have worked at adjusting our tastes to certain good foods, most foods have to grow on you. So to allow them to grow, we take one bite.... one bite every time we come across the food...and one day you find you LIKE it...

I am likely shaping my children's tastes for healthy food for life.

That is fantastic! Its so simple but makes so much sense. My husband and I are also trying to adjust our eating habits to be healthier and better role models for our new bub; its just so hard to give up the chocolate! :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

RoseofLima

My husband and I have worked at adjusting our tastes to certain good foods, most foods have to grow on you. So to allow them to grow, we take one bite.... one bite every time we come across the food...and one day you find you LIKE it... I mean I used to not like guacamole. I realize that David eats what I eat. Children learn by example and are not fooled. So I pull out and eat a grapefruit.... that's what he wants. If I pull out and eat candy... he's down with that too. The boy loves grapefruit, pink grapefruit, without ANY sugar... because when he was a year old he thought that if mommy eats it and isn't offering it it must be good. So he asked for a bite and I gave him some. He had this sour look on his face, but every time he saw me eating one he had a bite.... and now he is known to eat two whole grapefruits in a single sitting. He likes lots of things that people tell me toddlers shouldn't like. Considering the rise of many serious health care issues including type 2 diabetes in children (directly linked to the standard American diet) dh and I knew we needed to start making a change when I got pregnant. Before that we were awful. We still have a ways to go, but we're getting there. We just keep cutting out some of the yuckies in our diet and replace it with other good-for-you stuff. Eventually maybe we'll be health nuts. ;) Either way, I think its worth trying for.... I want to be a healthy thin old lady and that means I have to take care of my body. And my husband's! .... and my childrens. I am likely shaping my children's tastes for healthy food for life.

/rant

:)
LOL! We're too poor to be pickey :) My parents are so bizarro and would rather go hungry than eat something that isn't like their favorite, favorite food. They probably woul dhave complained about manna! Me? Food is meant to be fuel for my body- I don't really care what it tastes like.

I haven't always been this way- I was much more like my parents. I have learned how to cook very well- and like to have good tasting food. However- I wanted to learn how to eat the healthiest food I could afford- and that sometimes means eating things that I don't like. (For example I hate pasta- but we eat whole grain pasta usually a couple times a week in different forms. )

I dunno- it's just food- I am grateful to be able to live in a place where there is such an abundance, and grateful to have access to that abundance.

Lol! I am also just lazy- I used to pick stuff off of pizza or whatever- and I decided it's just easier just to eat it :D

Upvote 0

purpleunicorn_Andi

Mar 22, 2005
san antonio, tx
✟17,595.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
uggg... wish I had time to eat healthy... need to start budgetting both time and money...esspecially the money if I am to hope to not come back to work after Thomas gets here...

I've heard all the tricks, make out a menu for a week, and shop for what you need for that week... it is hard for me to do this right now cause I don't really have a lot of time to cook, and niether does Ken. thank God Robert is on free meals at school... he gets breakfast and lunch.... so when he is at school at least I know he is getting food....yeah we feed him at home as well, but we are all so busy and tired all the time it is hard to get any balanced meals on the table... which we need to start using :)

Upvote 0
R

RoseofLima

uggg... wish I had time to eat healthy... need to start budgetting both time and money...esspecially the money if I am to hope to not come back to work after Thomas gets here...

I've heard all the tricks, make out a menu for a week, and shop for what you need for that week... it is hard for me to do this right now cause I don't really have a lot of time to cook, and niether does Ken. thank God Robert is on free meals at school... he gets breakfast and lunch.... so when he is at school at least I know he is getting food....yeah we feed him at home as well, but we are all so busy and tired all the time it is hard to get any balanced meals on the table... which we need to start using :)
Oh- I hear ya'! That's why I try to concentrate on some key foods- and try to always have them around. Cans of beans, cans of diced tomatoes, the best bread (most protein and dietary fiber per slice) I can afford (we are blessed to have a day old bread store not too far from us- and I can get really good bread for$.99), Barilla yellow box noodles, a bag of romaine lettuce hearts, instant brown rice, eggs, whole wheat pancake mix, tuna, cheese, big bags of carrots and apples and some frozen veggies....and I always, always have onions& celery on hand--as well as some dried beans and split peas. That way I can always make soup.

With that stuff on hand- I can make lots of nutritious quick food for dinner--omelettes, french toast, fried rice, tuna melts,grilled cheese sandwhiches, beans/rice/tomatoes in some combination, noodles, stir fry (with the frozen veggies or left over veggies from another meal)... having lettuce on hand I can just make a quick salad (even if it just has carrots and shredded cheese in it). With bags of frozen veggies on hand-- you always have side dishes, or things to throw in omelttes or stirfry, or rice dishes. I usually try to make a pot of soup every week- and eat that with my lunch.

I so don't have the desire or the energy or the money to cook for dinner--particularly when my husband isn't home most nights for dinner...so this is how we eat. We eat very little meat....usually if we do it's for a nice Sunday dinner-- or for tacos(though we also often have refried bean or black bean tacos, too!).

Dinner for me- needs to be made in less than 15 minutes....if it takes more than that it's too long!

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rose, i really appreciate all the info you have given about what type of foods to eat and have on hand, without it being ridiculously expensive. i used to think the only way to eat healthy was to shop at whole foods..but that would always cost us sooo much and we'd have to stop. thanks for the insights.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.