Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, there's no forum for origins theology debates. I don't know if that would really fit the intent of the crevo debate forum.

Incidentally, I am enjoying the debate between you and Mark.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, I just posted Part II of my two part response if you're interested.

One possibility for debates without setting up a seperate forum is having a Mod start a thread and set out at the start "This thread is a debate between X and Y. Only they may post here." X and Y respond to the thread then as if it were a formal thread in a formal forum.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Incidentally I'm not enjoying the debate. From the little that I know about debating you two are not meeting each other at all. A good debate happens when two opponents take diametrically opposite positions on a same issue and try to disprove each other. A bad debate, which I'm seeing, is when two opponents take positions on different issues and then try to snipe at each other from afar (or don't even bother and just build bunkers around their own positions).

If we started a debate thread, would be appropriate and/or possible to ask mods to remove non-debate posts made by non-members of the debate? perhaps this would be more flexible, tag-teams should be interesting!

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry it's not up to snuff for you bud (and sorry about referring to you as "shenren" rather than "shernren" when I linked to your thread). Maybe it's because Mark and I disagree vehemently on the interpetation of the evidence while the gist of my debate premise is to myopically focused on one particular YEC argument regarding Piltdown.

I've already stated my option if Erwin won't code for a formal debates forum, but to expand on your multiple participants "limited" debate threads, there's no reason why a thread can't be started solicitating participants in a moderated, topic specific "formal" debate thread and then the mods stating that A, B, C, X, Y and Z can participate in the "semi-formal" thread but all other posts will be deleted.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status