✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, welcome all! :wave:

I get overwhelmed time wize here with the few threads I am trying to keep up with. When and where did they announce these [OPEN] threads were going to be permissible? Are they going to add it to the forum rules where it says Christians only?

---Ever Curious

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here's
http://www.christianforums.com/t2833025-[open]-tag-in-a-thread-title-opening-a-thread-in-the-christian-only-area.html
the announcement for the open tags. I don't think there will be a rule update because the threads are clearly marked and only those that are set up as open can by posted to by non-Rule 6ers.

From what I've read, this is a response to some members wanting a fully open CF, and others who wanted an easy way for Erwin to "open" fellowship threads like Reilly's Pub in OBOB instead of having to code individual threads.

- Oh how funny, after I posted I noticed because there's a tag in the thread URL, you can't properly make a link of it and can only post it as is.

Upvote 0

Arik Soong

Jun 22, 2005
✟452.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Mallon said:
I think you would sooner be made fun of for listening to Linkin Park than Christian music anywhere out there in the real world.

"I wanna cry
Or maybe die
Pie in the sky
Stick a needle in my eye" :doh:

Ugh!
Maybe in Canada, maybe in Canada. Say what you have said above to Chester Bennington!

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Arik Soong said:
Maybe in Canada, maybe in Canada. Say what you have said above to Chester Bennington!
Who, this guy?
20030610l40l40not_4_I_SCO.jpg

I would love to. ;)

Upvote 0

coyoteBR

greetings
Jan 18, 2004
✟2,288.00
Faith
Ok, so let me use this space to congratulate fellows CFers like Dracyl and Gluadys. I enjoy a lot reading your posts.

Sometimes I feel sad that some... divergences on the Nicene Creed stops me from posting here. But then I see writtings form you and other people, and realize you made better points I could never dream of made.

So, Dracyl, Gluadys,and many others, here's looking at you, kids.

Peace.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In light of Coyote's post, I'm not going to claim to speak for all the non-Christians over on C&E, but I read Mark Kennedy's post about his Guard unit being activated and I want to express that there are many of us there who, while we disagree with a lot you have to say, really enjoy your participation is this debate and hope that your (I'm switching from civilian mode to Army mode here) activation does not turn out to be a deployment and should it, I hope it's for USARER or some other excersie and not you heading to the Sandbox.

We need a ;salute: smilie...

(See, us lurkers do read even the Creationist subforum ;))

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think it's nice to have the comments of the non Christian lurkers. I really appreciate this thread. :)

I know I'm just a very spiritual YEC, and haven't added much to the C&E forum since Aron-Ra enlightened me to how much I don't know about evolution a year or so ago, but it's nice to have all of your comments here. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
USincognito said:
In light of Coyote's post, I'm not going to claim to speak for all the non-Christians over on C&E, but I read Mark Kennedy's post about his Guard unit being activated and I want to express that there are many of us there who, while we disagree with a lot you have to say, really enjoy your participation is this debate and hope that your (I'm switching from civilian mode to Army mode here) activation does not turn out to be a deployment and should it, I hope it's for USARER or some other excersie and not you heading to the Sandbox.

We need a ;salute: smilie...

(See, us lurkers do read even the Creationist subforum ;))

Actually they said Iraq and then changed it to Afgahnastan, they called it a lift and switch. I would'nt be supprised if they ended up sending me to the moon the way they operate. At any rate, many thanks for your kind words of support. I'm hoping I end up someplace where I have access to internet linked computers and they have assured me I probably will. In that case I will be seeing you guys from time to time.

At any rate, nice to see you all without anyone telling me how wrong and unscientific my posts are.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
mark kennedy said:
Actually they said Iraq and then changed it to Afgahnastan, they called it a lift and switch. I would'nt be supprised if they ended up sending me to the moon the way they operate. At any rate, many thanks for your kind words of support. I'm hoping I end up someplace where I have access to internet linked computers and they have assured me I probably will. In that case I will be seeing you guys from time to time.

At any rate, nice to see you all without anyone telling me how wrong and unscientific my posts are.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Honest question: isn't 42 a bit... old for a soldier? Unless you're an officer ofcourse.

(and good luck, come back in one piece, and try not to shoot people unless really necesarry ;) )

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mystman said:
Honest question: isn't 42 a bit... old for a soldier? Unless you're an officer ofcourse.

(and good luck, come back in one piece, and try not to shoot people unless really necesarry ;) )

I thought I was a little old when I joined the Guards but I had prior service. The cut off age is 36 but I got in at 38 because of prior service. You can serve well into your 50s as long as you are physically fit and don't have too many breaks in service.

I was reading something in Time a while back about Michael Jordon's brother. He has over 30 years service and he's a Saragent Major serving in Irag.

Don't worry I won't shoot anyone unless I have to, those things are entirely too noisy, it gives me a headach and then you have to clean it. ;)

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
USincognito said:
The results of the historicity poll in the TE subforum are very interesting. I had no idea so many of you compromisers were such literalists. ;)

Well, I'd go by literaturalist if it weren't nearly impossible to pronounce.

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
USincognito said:
Well, words do mean things. I'm sure there are a tiny minority that might go Arian if they didn't mistakenly think it made them racist instead of heretical. ;)

One couldn't really sign the "God from God, light from light, true God from true God," clause to get access to the xtian CF symbols if they did.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I noticed while lurking that Katarn seemed to want to have a public debate, but keep the participants limited. The new Formal Debates in the open C & E area is perfect for this.
http://www.christianforums.com/f70-creation-evolution.html
(the links to the debate proposal an debate arena subforums are right at the top).
If you don't get over there much, try and keep it in mind in case you want to have a one on one, but still make it public for readers. Mark Kennedy and I are participating in one right now and for me it's been mentally taxing. :confused: (<--- fried brain, not confusion.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.