[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (4)

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was weird that there wasn't even a single weeping angel in any of those cemeteries!

Me, too! In fact, I was looking for Amy and Rory's tombstone till my friend reminded me they died in NY, not England.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Me, too! In fact, I was looking for Amy and Rory's tombstone till my friend reminded me they died in NY, not England.

Well you were partially right since it was all shot in the same cemetery in real life...just not in story. I was thinking the same as you. I actually guessed the ending and mentioned it to a friend two days earlier as one of the only ones I would like.

I felt like the season was a short story that was extended over 12 episodes. And that is why I felt the writing was a bit thin after Robots of Sherwood. I felt it was just kind of stretched out with lots of extra Clara until the ending. I find I like Moffat's self contained episodes (Girl in The Fireplace, Blink..ect) but his longer season stuff has thin middles. He wrote some Dr. Who short stories from collections in the past and they are strong. So I wonder if some of the issue is he is a short story writer by skill and these overarching season plots get too much filler as a result.

For me, all in all, a wonderfully acted season. Writing problems. But the acting by The Doctor, Clara and the Master(ress) was excellent.

I hope in the future when the season has the long plot that they don't try so hard to move constantly toward it. Just put in good stories in the middle with some hints. The did this with the Pandorica season and I think it worked well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wondered if the got permission from the relatives of the deceased to film there. Not the best first season in my view, too much Clara and not enough Doctor. Though some ingenious ideas....the two d creatures and a TARDIS that really was smaller on the outside and the inside of a Dalek to name a few. The season story might have held my attention if they did more with it and how is it that Kate didn't know who Clara was...didn't they meet before? Mr Moffat you need to up your game, taken across the season this was Doctor who at its most mediocre.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.