[Open Dr Who fan members] calling Dr Who fans (4)

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My daughter has picked Capaldi as her favorite Doctor, our family is loving this season. As an old timer who's been a Whovian for over 30 years, I love seeing hints of other Doctors in Capaldi, and I'm really starting to enjoy the development (finally) of Clara's personality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Come comments from current show running seems to indicate they have be acting as if the half human thing never was. And who knows, they sometimes play fast and loose with the mythology.

My own thought on the home in listen is that it is after they show him the untempered schism and he is frightened by it. So they think he will not be a timelord. Maybe he is at a place where they took the kids to test for the academy. Obviously it is not on Gallifrey since the War Doctor goes there to use the moment to destroy the planet (so it would not be on it) and Clara can get there even with the planet gone. So maybe they take them for testing to a place and that is where those lodgings are so there would the the whole class getting tested. And the Doctor mentions his father's estates to the master once so maybe the place is somehow connected to the Doctors family so that is why it is important to him.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
But if it was the Doctor as a child, it would be well before the time war when the planet was time-locked, so Clara could easily have gotten there. At least, that is my impression, that the planet is not missing till the moment in time that it is taken out of time.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's true, but it would be odd that in that case the TARDIS crosses his own timeline. Unless something later in the season explains how that happened. And if very well may, we don't know what forces are at work this season. But it still could not be on the planet since it was the spot he was at as the war doctor to destroy it. And he could not destroy it and be on it. So my guess is that barn is somewhere in the Kasterborous constellation nearby. There is also the whole question about can you even travel into the past and future of Gallifery. There are indications in the old series you can not. But that does not mean much for Moffat.

Also it could have gotten across his timeline because he was out cold and it followed Claras link. She exists at every point in his timeline. That could be how.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The-Doctor

Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not liking this new series...seems to be turning into the Clara Oswald show. Writing is below par especially in the last few episodes. hoping the next episode will be an improvement without Clara. The only episodes I like so far is the Robin Hood one and the Dalek one.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I agree. The acting is amazing from the two primaries but the writing is stale and repetitive and it is only being saved by the acting. Moffat has even said he is writing Clara as the main character and that is, in my opinion, just stupid.

The Robin Hood and Dalek episodes are the only ones following a Doctor central view. I think the storyline is doing a great disservice to two excellent actors in Capaldi and Coleman.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Even if the Orient Express episode is an improvement the one after that is a Doctor Lite episode. And instead of using the Doctor Lite like Blink and Love and Monsters where it is also Companion lite...this one is all Clara. So Moffat seem infatuated with characters he created and is putting them up front with the Doctor as background. At this point he is essentially producing his own fan fiction.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There was Turn Left that was Doctor-lite but starred Donna (my favorite) and Rose (not my favorite, but better than Clara). I really liked that episode. I heard Clara is leaving around Christmas, so I am biding my time. The only time I really liked Clara was when she was being the Impossible Girl.

Upvote 0