Open and shut doors

jonahthesign

Jan 20, 2011
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has been in my experience that when a person receives Jesus into their life, someone else (who knows the other person) will dream of that person coming at their door (to their house or room or other personal). The doors are open.

Likewise, someone who is not open to receiving Jesus in their life will shut the door on another person (Christian) in a dream.

So if you dream of someone you know at your door, I advise to call or visit that person to evangelize immediately. And if you dream of someone who shuts or slams a door, pray for that person fervently.

2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really! Do you and your family get those dreams often? I have never thought of that. It reminds me of this verse:

Matthew 16:19 (andMatthew 18:18)
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't sound scriptural sound. Therefore I'm going to go with nooooooooo...it's not true.

Yeah, yeah. I'll probably get chewed out for saying that. I don't care. That's not in alignment with the word of God, so expect me to always do a rebuttal when the word of God is being twisted or misinterpreted.

Reactions: Vimi
Upvote 0

jonahthesign

Jan 20, 2011
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 3:14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. 17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No harm done with the response you suggested -- praying or ministering to people according to the doors you see.

I think of dreams as sensations that happen to be visual, but can reside more in the heart. We define what we sense with the visual symbols.

So sensing a closed door is not riskier than someone saying "I have a hunch I'm supposed to call this person." It is either a communication from God, a personal observation that hasn't been defined, or other.... but either way you found insight that worked when you carried through with it.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol, I don't think she was implying God doesn't save people without a preliminary door dream. She was giving a tip so we don't regret neglecting a nudge from God. I think!

So if you dream of someone you know at your door, I advise to call or visit that person to evangelize immediately. And if you dream of someone who shuts or slams a door, pray for that person fervently.

Upvote 0

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol, I don't think she was implying God doesn't save people without a preliminary door dream. She was giving a tip so we don't regret neglecting a nudge from God. I think!

ok, seriously I said I was not going to respond but something keeps leading me back here.

I understand what jonah's tip is implying but where does it relate to scripture? It's more speculation and opinion, in my humble opinion. What she may have experienced, may not be what you, me, or anyone else may experience. If this were the case, then I'm sure a lot of people would have been saved by now, especially since doors closing and opening is a common dream.

Upvote 0

jonahthesign

Jan 20, 2011
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tsk, so much spite

1 Corinthians 16:9
For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.

2 Corinthians 2:12
Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

Colossians 4:3
Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Revelation 3:8
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
http://www.christianforums.com/passage/?search=Revelation+4:1-3&version=KJV
It's just advice based on my experiences. That how humans work. We learn off each others experiences.

You don't have to agree or attack, just move on. It will benefit others who are actually interested in witnessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

makeupgirl

joint heirs with Christ
Sep 28, 2009
USA
✟15,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
tsk, so much spite

1 Corinthians 16:9
For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.

2 Corinthians 2:12
Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

Colossians 4:3
Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

Revelation 3:8
I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

It's just advice based on my experiences. That how humans work. We learn off each others experiences.

You don't have to agree or attack, just move on. It will benefit others who are actually interested in witnessing.

I'm not attacking and I'm not pooring out spite. I'm actually just making an honest observation and stating my opinion, whether I'm agreeing or not, you don't have the authority to tell me otherwise to move on or whatever. I'm sorry you feel that I am attacking you but I'm not. Or do you feel that I'm acting in a spiteful way because I'm not in agreement? If anything if I respond in disagreement, it's because truth has not been told and it's been laid on my heart to speak the truth. I'm not afraid to speak boldly for Christ and his word.

BTW, these verses doesn't prove your experience is right for anyone else and witnessing is what Jesus told us to do in Matt 28:19-20. Which is to spread the gospel to all nations. What is his gospel? The death, burial, resurrection of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Jonah, I think the verses you quote have nothing to do with dreams about doors. They have a very different meaning, opportunities in life etc. Some of us have spiritual dreams sometimes, I had too, but other christians like my mother never had and don't put much stock in dreams anyway. For a time in my life I had nightmares frequently, and when they ceased and I when I started to forget my dreams in the morning again I was very grateful.

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't feel it is spite or an attack but this trend -which everyone in this thread is commenting on - is starting to appear irrational to me.

If anything if I respond in disagreement, it's because truth has not been told and it's been laid on my heart to speak the truth.
U make this statement a lot in ur posts whenever u personally feel something is not "scripturally sound" or when no one else agrees with you. However, u admit that u haven't read the entire Bible either (ie What is his gospel? The death, burial, resurrection of Christ) so the quoted text is an oxymoron.

What u call "witnessing," and "passion for Christ," contradicts a lot of other people's definitions - especially mine. "The truth," u speak conflicts with "the truth," I speak in a number of ways, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, notice anything different? Refusing to relent, becoming aggressive, and accosting posters who aren't swayed by ur input or opinions doesn't make you a better Christian than the next and it doesn't work for conversion purposes either... unless that's what ur God told u.... but my God told me just the opposite and I thought that was wise advice so I'm passing it on.

BTW, these verses doesn't prove your experience is right for anyone else and witnessing is what Jesus told us to do in Matt 28:19-20.
Very first sentence of the OP: It has been in my experience...

You don't have to agree or attack, just move on.
It will benefit others who are actually interested in witnessing.
IMHO, it seems like "witnessing," is exactly what she was earnestly doing before u interrupted her, and I think these antics are about to derail yet another thread so I thought I'd say something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the record, I personally don't agree with her stance on this issue, but that's not a license to turn into an overzealous bible thumper. I simply replied I never get dreams like that and moved on bc I know we are all on different levels in our walk with Christ. That means there are others out there who might be able to receive guidance from this message and that's the most important thing to keep in mind when ministering or witnessing.

Upvote 0

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Arj, you don't have to mingle yourself in everything. Frankly, that's none of your business. I don't trust you one bit because of your false prophet past and your presumption of being a teacher without having any experience in actual faith life.

And the Gospel is mainly about Jesus, the entire bible is only about Him, in a way. In fact if we are not looking for Christ in the scriptures it is not very useful for us. I would add Jesus' incarnation and ministry to be part of the Gospel message but still the main events are there. And don't brag about having read through the bible. Many people have read through the entire book, me too, but that doesn't mean anything because we simply can't remember everything anyway. The bible is a HUGE book that no one has the time to completely exhaust in its multiple layers of meanings and possible interpretations. But that's not the point, the point is we need the bible for information, and the church, which is guided by the Holy Spirit, for interpretation. You may have read the bible, but I don't think you ever paid much attention to the church.

Luther, u are flaming. I am not responding to this post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

arj1981

Dec 17, 2003
✟1,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In all seriousness, u were flaming me by the derogatory terms u used to address me and u weren't addressing any of my posts. U were speaking on me without knowing any of my background and u were rehashing old drama. And there was ABSOLUTELY NO "advice" I paid attention to in regards to that "critique" so don't waste ur time repeating it. Especially when u claim to have read the entire Bible above, then in the next thread you write: I don't have THAT much knowledge of the bible and of theology. Thanks but no thanks. After all, even u admitted constructive criticism wasn't ur aim:
I know I must be careful with the likes of you because you want to avoid being seen for who you are.
So it's not like u had me fooled. Therefore, that flaming post probably won't fool others either. Peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yeah that's where we are different, I have read the bible and can say anyway I don't have that much knowledge of the book, and that's the point of why I said the bible has multiple layers of meaning, but you claim to be a teacher. The false prophet things are not old drama, it's serious stuff. Because while you don't claim prophethood anymore you are still trying to TEACH, and for that you simply don't have any credibility.

NLT James 3:1 Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Jesus doesn't want us to mollycoddle with false apostles, as He makes clear here:

Revelation 2:2

[...] I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

I don't necessarily think you are wicked but you do presume to teach and from the prophet past I can presume you are false. That's even more clear when you say things like bad things will happen to those who critisize you.

And PS

My username refers to lutheran german, not luther anger man.

Upvote 0

ditte

Sep 14, 2009
Hungary,Budapest
✟16,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has been in my experience that when a person receives Jesus into their life, someone else (who knows the other person) will dream of that person coming at their door (to their house or room or other personal). The doors are open.

Likewise, someone who is not open to receiving Jesus in their life will shut the door on another person (Christian) in a dream.

2 Thessalonians 3:1
Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
Hi:wave:
Peace be with you.
Thank you for telling us your experience.
The Holy Spirit leads the children of God.God may also talk to us in dreams.Some christians have more os these some less.He does in my life.
He talks very personally.
There are symbols which may mean symilar thing to different people,but it's very important to ask the Lord for revelation.Because often the same symbol means something else in an other person's dream,and often the same symbol may mean something different in our own different dreams.

So it may be a way to you,that the Lord has given you.The Lord gives us personal messages,which of course always have to be in accord with the Word of God.

In my life for example it happened months ago,that i dreamed of closing a door.I dreamed that I got into a room where there were old people.I got out of that room and closed the door.I didn't know at that time what it means.The revelation came a few days ago,meaning that I'm going to close an "old" part of my life.Maybe meaning,that I step into a "new" part of my life.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think we are all different and have different paths God leads us on. He will talk differently to each of us. Some will be timid shy and conservative others will be in a brutal fight for the gospel. We will all be spoken too differently and stil at the same time similarly. If it contains a love for other people and a desire to help someone turn from sin towards Jesus ..its from God.

Lots of things happen in christian lives not in the bible but they are all from God. God controls all things.

Upvote 0