Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is some wonderful information about Arpaio:
Joe Arpaio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unconstitutional jail conditions

Federal Judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008, and again in 2010, that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues.[25][26] This ruling was a result of a lawsuit brought by the ACLU, which alleged that "Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."[48]
In a ruling issued in October 2010, the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ordered Arpaio to follow Judge Wake's 2008 ruling, which required Arpaio to end severe overcrowding and ensure all detainees receive necessary medical and mental health care, be given uninterrupted access to all medications prescribed by correctional medical staff, be given access to exercise and to sinks, toilets, toilet paper and soap and be served food that meets or exceeds the U.S. Department of Agriculture's dietary guidelines.[49][50][51][52]

Yep - this latest (birth certificate claim) is just more Arpaio grandstanding.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No, it actually isn't and when he asked for money to help pay for it - he wasn't going to get it from the county. Not from the County supervisors.
If he used taxpayer money - that would have been more misuse and crime worthy. As he sent an investigator on taxpayer money (costing taxpayers $10,000 at least),- we are in for another lawsuit and hopefully charges.
Hi, again, FreeinChrist. :wave:

I was merely addressing the matter of whether Arpaio might have the requisite expertise to investigate a birth certificate for fraudulence. I daresay that doing so is within the scope of his duties.

I never meant to imply that investigating Obama's birth certificate was a direct duty of his though. Still, since you brought that matter up, someone really needs to do it ... and he's got the expertise. The cat and mouse game involving the birth certificate is at best a distraction for which no reasonable excuse exists to have drug on for so long.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, he seems to have a point. It's definitely not Obama holding back the illegals. ^_^

I've looked into Arpaio's background enough to know it's not pristine. I agree with you that he has skeletons. Still, one can admire that Arpaio has the fortitude and wherewithal to stand up to Obama and fire right back at him with both barrels ... to use an old West expression.

Arpaio isn't either. Never did. He spent lots and lots of money on his sweeps and didn't get very many. In contrast, the Phoenix Police did their jobs and focused on crime and deported more than Joe did. And we are not on the border. He is delusional at best.

And No, I do not admire him one bit. Guess who gets to pay for all these lawsuits that he loses and his mismanagement of funds - the tax payers. Those of us (and wow - we are growing) who do not support his behavior are getting angry. I would rather he did his job. Really - don't you think a report that a 2 year old girl was sexually assaulted should have been investigated? And wow - the 'I didn't know Hendershot was mismanaging money, this is the first I heard' excuse was pathetic. He sure doesn't take any responsibility- not a "the buck stops here" kind of guy. He is a "the glory and fame stops here whether I deserve it or not" type of guy.

He has alot to answer for. From the wikipedia I linked to above:
Munnell memo

In September 2010, a 63 page internal memo, written by Maricopa Deputy Chief Frank Munnell, was made public. The memo alleged years of misconduct and mismanagement by Arpaio's second in command and other top MCSO officers, including the use of a public-corruption task force to conduct politically motivated probes into political opponents. The memo alleged that top officials in the MCSO "willfully and intentionally committed criminal acts by attempting to obstruct justice, tamper with witnesses, and destroy evidence."[91] Arpaio forwarded the memo to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office, requesting they conduct an administrative investigation. Former top MCSO staffers claimed that Arpaio knew of the acts alleged in the Munnell memo, but took no action to stop them.[92] Arpaio has not commented publicly on the allegations.
In October 2010, the US Attorney for Arizona confirmed that the FBI and Department of Justice had received copies of the Munnell memo, and were conducting criminal investigations into its allegations.[93]
Emails in his department have things I cannot post here referring to Mexicans. It is awful. He is disgusting - and that is the nicest thing I can write about it. So no, he is not to be admired in any way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I was merely addressing the matter of whether Arpaio might have the requisite expertise to investigate a birth certificate for fraudulence. I daresay that doing so is within the scope of his duties.

I never meant to imply that investigating Obama's birth certificate was a direct duty of his though. Still, since you brought that matter up, someone really needs to do it ... and he's got the expertise. The cat and mouse game involving the birth certificate is at best a distraction for which no reasonable excuse exists to have drug on for so long.

No, it really isn't in the scope of his duties. You show me in his job description where it falls in his "scope". He is the sheriff of a county. He has responsibilities for his officers in the county and for the county jails - which he does not do well. It was not in his "scope" to send an investigator to Hawaii for this investigation and he had been told he would not get county funds for it. Looks like he misused money again.

And no, he doesn't have the expertise. He is a grand-stander and is full of hot air and wild claims. He is just trying to divert attention away from his trial.

And no, no one has to investigate the birth certificate - those claims are silly and will go nowhere in court. It is a pathetic act to go after the other guy.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have family in Mr. Arpaio's county and they will once again be voting for him. He is taking vicious criminals off the street, keeping the people safe, and also a defender of America.

God Bless Joe Arpaio and his officers.

Joe does nothing but talk out of the side of his mouth - except encourage abuse of power, mismanage money, and get sued.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you guys keep insisting that Obama should be governed by law and should provide a valid birth certificate?

What makes you think that he needs to do that - just because other people do it?

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Joe does nothing but talk out of the side of his mouth - except encourage abuse of power, mismanage money, and get sued.
It's funny how some say similar things about Obama. Politics is just funny that way, isn't it?

Irony abounds in matters political.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NightHawkeye,
You aren't really replying to anything.

Are you denying he is going to trial - that he is being sued by the DOJ?

Are you aware that it was after the DOJ started pouring on the heat that Joe decided he would look into the birth certificate?

Grandstanding: "To perform ostentatiously so as to impress an audience."

He is a good showman. I would rather have a decent sheriff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you guys keep insisting that Obama should be governed by law and should provide a valid birth certificate?

What makes you think that he needs to do that - just because other people do it?

It is valid. This stuff won't go anywhere in court.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
NightHawkeye,
You aren't really replying to anything.

Are you denying he is going to trial - that he is being sued by the DOJ?

Are you aware that it was after the DOJ started pouring on the heat that Joe decided he would look into the birth certificate?

Grandstanding: "To perform ostentatiously so as to impress an audience."

He is a good showman. I would rather have a decent sheriff.
I don't know all FACTS about Arpaio's background ... just as I don't know the FACTS about who ordered Fast and Furious. I do know that Arpaio is still sheriff, just as Obama is still president ... both despite persistent cries of FOUL.

I find the irony more than a little interesting. ;)

Reactions: RedPaddy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know all FACTS about Arpaio's background ... just as I don't know the FACTS about who ordered Fast and Furious. I do know that Arpaio is still sheriff, just as Obama is still president ... both despite persistent cries of FOUL.

I find the irony more than a little interesting. ;)

You don't really respond to the points I made. The facts of his background are important.

Don't you think that reports of rape and sexual assault should be investigated? They weren't in El Mirage for some time. It was caught 3 years later. The buck stops with Joe. It was in 2007 - 8 and not caught until 2011.

And do you really think that his deputies should be taking papers off the desk of a defense attorney in court, jeopardizing the proceedings?

Do you think that people, many of whom have not been convicted, should sleep in tents at 145 degrees, and eat moldy food? (the Wiki article has the references)

Should an elderly woman be thrown in solitary confinement for not knowing English? (DOJ report)

Do you think that Joe should have made sure his detention officers were paid their overtime before he blew the money to arrest a few illegals in a sweep?

Where in his job description is he responsible for a federal investigation - if one was needed?

Arpaio is just saying what Obama haters want to hear. But he is still going to court.

He really shouldn't have messed with Judge Gary Donahue either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
hmmm...you don't really respond to the points I made. The facts of his background are important.

Don't you think that reports of rape and sexual assault should be investigated? They weren't in El Mirage for some time. It was caught 3 years later. The buck stops with Joe.

And do you really think that his deputies should be taking papers off the desk of a defense attorney in court, jeopardizing the proceedings?

Do you think that people, many of whom have not been convicted, should sleep in tents at 145 degrees, and eat moldy food? (the Wiki article has the references)

Should an elderly woman be thrown in solitary confinement for not knowing English? (DOJ report)

Do you think that Joe should have made sure his detention officers were paid their overtime before he blew the money to arrest a few illegals in a sweep?

Where in his job description is he responsible for a federal investigation - if one was needed?

Arpaio is just saying what Obama haters want to hear. But he is still going to court.

One of the most common mistakes made on this board is attempting to defend the indefensible. I really try not to do that. He'll have his day in court ... again.

I do though agree with some actions Sheriff Joe has taken ... at least as they've been reported in the press. I presume that some of the locals must agree as well and that's why Sheriff Joe still maintains his job despite all the negative national press coverage.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

One of the most common mistakes made on this board is attempting to defend the indefensible. I really try not to do that. He'll have his day in court ... again.

I do though agree with some actions Sheriff Joe has taken ... at least as they've been reported in the press. I presume that some of the locals must agree as well and that's why Sheriff Joe still maintains his job despite all the negative national press coverage.

He uses fear to convince folks - and appeals to certain beliefs. He does it by using the press. Some folks really believe hordes of Mexicans would be crossing the border if it were not for him.

US citizens are being detained as illegals - and then OOOPS! "Sorry - but you looked illegal". Do you know the Spanish were in Arizona before other Europeans? That many of the Hispanics here have families that have been here for over 100 years? Since before Arizona was a state? And that the native Mexicans and Americans traveled back and forth for centuries? That migrant Mexican workers had been going back and forth working crops since there were farms in Southern California (over 100 years)?

I have family in Michigan who are unbelievable ignorant of history of the southwest (except Wyatt Earp, of course. He looked like Kurt Russell :doh:) . They have real negative views of Latinos, and it is unwarrented. They all just suddenly came, in their view. But they also are members of the F.O.E - Fellowship of Eagles, a whites only club. They think Arpaio sounds great. sad....

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He uses fear to convince folks - and appeals to certain beliefs. He does it by using the press. Some folks really believe hordes of Mexicans would be crossing the border if it were not for him.

US citizens are being detained as illegals - and then OOOPS! "Sorry - but you looked illegal". Do you know the Spanish were in Arizona before other Europeans? That many of the Hispanics here have families that have been here for over 100 years? Since before Arizona was a state? And that the native Mexicans and Americans traveled back and forth for centuries? That migrant Mexican workers had been going back and forth working crops since there were farms in Southern California (over 100 years)?

I have family in Michigan who are unbelievable ignorant of history of the southwest (except Wyatt Earp, of course. He looked like Kurt Russell :doh:) . They have real negative views of Latinos, and it is unwarrented. They all just suddenly came, in their view. But they also are members of the F.O.E - Fellowship of Eagles, a whites only club. They think Arpaio sounds great. sad....
Sigh ... I'm a native Texan, FreeinChrist. I have close relatives who are Mexican by birth, but now US citizens. Hispanics in the US, at least historically, have been every bit as upwardly mobile as other immigrants.

Still ... there's a problem with illegal immigration ... and the federal government refuses to enforce immigration laws. In all probability Sheriff Joe should thank Barack Obama for handing him this particular platform stance to run on.

Upvote 0