USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I misunderstood the question. The spirit of Jesus was in all the prophets who prophesied about him.
And whose SPIRIT was in JESUS pre crucified body?

Was Jesus' spirit different and separate from THE FATHER's

And where did YHE SPIRIT go?

And whose SPIRIT raised JESUS' post crucified body ?

And how many HOLY SPIRITS are
There in Heaven now since Jesus lives

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here God promises that a son will come from his body who will be Abraham's heir (heir of the promises - land of Canaan included) and will multiply to become an innumerable people.
Yes, that's a promise. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. It doesn't even refer to any parallels.

This son, ultimately, is Jesus Christ.
:doh: NO. He isn't. You might as well say he's ultimately Warren Beatty or Napoleon Bonaparte.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that's a promise. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. It doesn't even refer to any parallels.

This promise has nothing to do with Jesus? Then what does Paul mean when he says that all of the promises of God find their fulfillment in Christ? (2 Corinthians 1:20)

:doh: NO. He isn't. You might as well say he's ultimately Warren Beatty or Napoleon Bonaparte.

Yes he is. :wave:

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's one:

15 After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” 2 But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.” 4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.” 5 And he brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Ge 15:1–6). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

Here God promises that a son will come from his body who will be Abraham's heir (heir of the promises - land of Canaan included) and will multiply to become an innumerable people.

This son, ultimately, is Jesus Christ. As Abraham "believed God" here he believed in Jesus Christ.

Yes he is. Isaac prefigured Jesus as being the miracle son who must be sacrificed.

Let me ask you a question. If Abraham didn't believe in Christ, how can he be said to be saved?
All these prefigured were shadows pointing man to the TRUTH and REALITY found in CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF GOD ALONE

• Agree
Reactions: Tree of Life
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No Isaac is not the "PROMISED son" whom GOD was pointing to

And even David's son is not THE SON who will build a house for GOD

Indeed, the true son of David who will build the temple is Jesus Christ. Likewise the true son of David who will die because of David's sin with Bathsheba is Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This promise has nothing to do with Jesus?
That's right.

Then what does Paul mean when he says that all of the promises of God find their fulfillment in Christ? (2 Corinthians 1:20)
Here's that verse:

For all the promises of God in him are yea...
This clearly does not teach or mean that every promise made by God to anyone refers to Jesus. Even if, for some reason, this one did...Abraham couldn't have Faith in Jesus merely by trusting God.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That's right.
Well I disagree. I think that every promise in Scripture is connected to Christ.

This clearly does not teach or mean that every promise made by God to anyone refers to Jesus. Even if, for some reason, this one did...Abraham couldn't have Faith in Jesus merely by trusting God.

I disagree. I'm still waiting for your answer to my question. But here's another way to approach this: Jesus is Yahweh. Yahweh is Jesus. So if Abraham believes in Yahweh then he believes in Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well I disagree. I think that every promise in Scripture is connected to Christ.
"Connected to" is not the issue. The claim that it's possible to "have Faith in" a being you have zero knowledge of is still the issue.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.