Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Probably the 10% that don't care anyway because, when they get sick they just go to the emergency and then never pay the bill.
M-Bob

If that’s the case then you should be all for getting them insurance since emergency care is more expensive than insurance and the ability to be proactive in health. Yeah, you’ll be paying for their insurance but it’s cheaper than paying for their emergency care. Unless people up on the mountain are penny wise and pound foolish.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Probably the 10% that don't care anyway because, when they get sick they just go to the emergency and then never pay the bill.
M-Bob

Upon what evidence do you base your "Probably"?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When God's People did not have (and do not have)

"health insurance" (of man),

what does God Say He Does for His People who TRUST HIM ?
As Woody Allen said in Annie Hall: I would love to talk about this more but I am due back on planet Earth.

C’mon man.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If that’s the case then you should be all for getting them insurance since emergency care is more expensive than insurance and the ability to be proactive in health. Yeah, you’ll be paying for their insurance but it’s cheaper than paying for their emergency care. Unless people up on the mountain are penny wise and pound foolish.

Is it possible to be both penny and pound foolish?

• Haha
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

Of course the biggest part of that story is that it's now only 10% because of the ACA. Remember, the ACA has been on the books now for about 9 years. So, when one reads that only 10% today are without medical insurance as a good thing, they also need to be thankful of the ACA for making that possible. In 2010 it was estimated that 18% were uninsured and since the ACA was implemented in 2010 that number has been steadily dropping. It had been running about 46 million for several years prior to the ACA.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nope -- up here and All We Know
working just fine now.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
working just fine now.
M-Bob

And the over 30 million without health insurance? Do you just ignore them because YOU are doing fine? There was a time in this country where we would sacrifice so others could have it better than we did. Where if we could make it so others didn’t have to suffer through the trials we did we would and take pride in being able to do so. That’s what made America great. Instead today we have “I got mine, screw the rest.” That attitude is what’s wrong with this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
working just fine now.
M-Bob

Hi MM,

Well again, I think that's great that now that the ACA is in force everything is just fine up on your mountain where, apparently, all you care about is yourself up on your mountain. Just keep in mind that it is the ACA that has made everything up on the mountain just fine.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi MM,

Well again, I think that's great that now that the ACA is in force everything is just fine up on your mountain where, apparently, all you care about is yourself up on your mountain. Just keep in mind that it is the ACA that has made everything up on the mountain just fine.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Don't count your chickens
or goats before they are born.

Medical insurance was better
before Obama messed things up.

Even the democrats say that ObamaCare is a disaster -- come on.

What did Obama do for you?

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
M-Bob

I am one of the 10%

The solution is affordable health insurance - like it used to be before the dems let insurance companies write national policy..

No one wants to only be treated in the ER and have their credit ruined for life because politicians dont want to work on affordable insurance.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't count your chickens
or goats before they are born.

Medical insurance was better
before Obama messed things up.

Even the democrats say that ObamaCare is a disaster -- come on.

What did Obama do for you?

M-Bob

Hi MM,

President Obama did a lot for me. He turned around a disastrous economy and took my deep losses in the stock market and got me back every penny of my lost money and then some. He brought the housing market back from the brink of disaster and now my rental property is on the market for $370k that likely would
have sold for $150k at the worst of the real estate crash. He provided the nation with a much better health insurance plan than any thing we've had since companies stopped providing health insurance as part of their pay benefits. He found and killed Bin Laden, who it is claimed, was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks here in the U.S.

He gave us reasonably settled international relations and was easily able to work with other nations by allowing that they had as much right to be here on the face of the earth as the U.S. does. He wasn't stingy and he didn't lie to the people literally 100's of times throughout his presidency.

Personally, I'd really much rather have someone like President Obama leading the nation today than President Trump. Yes, President Obama did a lot for me and left the nation in a pretty safe and secure place when he left

God bless you and God bless President Obama for his selfless work in leading our country and keeping it as great as it has always been. America is great and America has always been great for at least the last 75 years. That's why so many people want to live here from other nations.

In Christ, ted

Upvote 0