Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results. I must be insane, because I am continuing to try to start an online book club, across several forums- to no avail.

If anyone would like to read and discuss books, let me know. I prefer classics, but am open to reading anything.

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
please count me in.
Lol, there doesn't seem to be too many people interested. What sorts of books do you enjoy? I am pretty much open to anything. I basically want to read a book and discuss with someone else. Like right now, for example, I'm reading a book that is smashing and I'd love to talk to someone about it.

Let me know what type of books you like. It may be just you and me. But two people can discuss a book.

Reactions: ForsakenGirl
Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Lol, there doesn't seem to be too many people interested. What sorts of books do you enjoy? I am pretty much open to anything. I basically want to read a book and discuss with someone else. Like right now, for example, I'm reading a book that is smashing and I'd love to talk to someone about it.

Let me know what type of books you like. It may be just you and me. But two people can discuss a book.

i don't have a particular preference either.. i am open to pretty much anything..

what book are you reading right now?

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i don't have a particular preference either.. i am open to pretty much anything..

what book are you reading right now?
Haha, it's probably not anything a lot of people would like to read. It is about the Peasant Revolt in England in 1381. It is nonfiction. It's called England, Arise: The People, the King, & the Great Revolt of 1381 by Juliet Barker.

Not exactly everyone's cuppa. What are you reading now?

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Haha, it's probably not anything a lot of people would like to read. It is about the Peasant Revolt in England in 1381. It is nonfiction. It's called England, Arise: The People, the King, & the Great Revolt of 1381 by Juliet Barker.

Not exactly everyone's cuppa. What are you reading now?

The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I heard a lot about it but never got the chance to read it..
its about a woman named Hester who is treated like an outcast by the Puritans because they believe her to be an adulteress.

Have you read it?

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results. I must be insane, because I am continuing to try to start an online book club, across several forums- to no avail.

If anyone would like to read and discuss books, let me know. I prefer classics, but am open to reading anything.

Maybe post a date and a reading guide for the book you choose, then people will know for sure if this is something they can do. List some discussion questions to keep people engaged.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I heard a lot about it but never got the chance to read it..
its about a woman named Hester who is treated like an outcast by the Puritans because they believe her to be an adulteress.

Have you read it?
YES, in high school. So, it has been A WHILE. I don't know how far you are into it, but please don't let Hawthorne's excessive description get you down. I like his verbose style, but I realize a lot of people nowadays are into Hemingwayesque type of writing.

The characters and plot are worth the descriptions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe post a date and a reading guide for the book you choose, then people will know for sure if this is something they can do. List some discussion questions to keep people engaged.
Those are great ideas. I suppose first, I have to see if anyone is interested and then ask the interested parties what they would like to read.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
YES, in high school. So, it has been A WHILE. I don't know how far you are into it, but please don't let Hawthorne's excessive description get you down. I like his verbose style, but I realize a lot of people nowadays are into Hemingwayesque type of writing.

The characters and plot are worth the descriptions.

i will keep that in mind.. thank you :)

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i will keep that in mind.. thank you :)
Sure, if you are interested, I don't mind reading it again and discussing it with you. It is worth a reread, for sure. My attitudes about certain characters may have changed with age. I might feel differently, now.

Upvote 0

ForsakenGirl

Jun 29, 2017
New york
✟15,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sure, if you are interested, I don't mind reading it again and discussing it with you. It is worth a reread, for sure. My attitudes about certain characters may have changed with age. I might feel differently, now.

i'd like that..
and you are right, the descriptions are a bit too much..lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It looks like this post is several months old, so I don't know if you ever got this off the ground or not. I read several books a month and would enjoy being a part if your still going to do this book club

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It looks like this post is several months old, so I don't know if you ever got this off the ground or not. I read several books a month and would enjoy being a part if your still going to do this book club
Oh hey, yes. We are still interested. Forsaken Girl is reading The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I read it in high school, but that was 20 years ago, so I thought I would reread it with her. We are going to discuss Wednesday. I don't know how far she has gotten, I thought we'd see how far we both are and talk about it. Are you interested in reading The Scarlet Letter? If so and don't have a copy, I'll find a free link for you. I realize not every one has copies of every book. I am a book hoarder, so I am weirdly set up to read any book anyonr might happen to suggest. Let me know if you are interested. :)

Upvote 0