• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ongoing cold

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have had this cold with an awful cough for 3-4 weeks. Each day I wake completely blocked up. It is disgusting how much I blow my nose in the first half hour. It is just not improving.

I do not want to go to the doctors as I hope to avoid antibiotics so my immune system and body mechanisms stay in sync. (I also don't want pneumonia).

Please pray I wake up without this cold/sinus infection. Let me give God the glory. Please.

Thank you!

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I have had this cold with an awful cough for 3-4 weeks. Each day I wake completely blocked up. It is disgusting how much I blow my nose in the first half hour. It is just not improving.

I do not want to go to the doctors as I hope to avoid antibiotics so my immune system and body mechanisms stay in sync. (I also don't want pneumonia).

Please pray I wake up without this cold/sinus infection. Let me give God the glory. Please.

Thank you!
I think there are four rules to get healthy and stay healthy: get sufficient rest, stay sufficiently warm, get enough to eat, stay away from tobacco (and illegal drugs)

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there are four rules to get healthy and stay healthy: get sufficient rest, stay sufficiently warm, get enough to eat, stay away from tobacco (and illegal drugs)
I haven't been eating right, you have a piint there. Nor sleeping enough, although am sleeping nearly enough now. Thank you for that!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
One last thing I thought I'd like to mention to you is echinacea (which is a liquid extract or pill made from the echinecea flower) as a way to boost your body's natural immune system w/o antibiotics. I used to have an ongoing sinus infection that, even with antibiotics, seemed to last from about November to March each year. Since I began to use echinacea (which I start using whenever I sense a cold or sinus infection coming on), I've made it through multiple winters w/o getting sick. You can get it at your local health food store, or at an online place like Puritan's Pride.

The thing about a sinus (bacterial) infection is this, once they set in, antibiotics are normally required to rid yourself of them because, unlike a cold viruses, they don't go away on their own (unless the Lord steps in and heals you, of course). If you end up needing to go with antibiotics, be sure to finish them, and go back to your doctor for more if the original run doesn't cure you (because if you don't, the bacteria can morph into something that is resistant to antibiotics you used, which can be problematic for you and others).

BTW, I believe one of the best ways to determine if you have a cold or an infection is the color of the stuff you are blowing/sneezing. Green = virus / Yellow = infection.

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Eat a well-balanced, nutritious diet.
Get plenty of sleep.
Exercise daily, both cardio and resistance.
Get some sunshine every day...
Have annual physical checkups and see the physician when warranted.
Pray without ceasing to the Great Physician; and study His Holy Word daily...
All praise, honor, and glory to God.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One last thing I thought I'd like to mention to you is echinacea (which is a liquid extract or pill made from the echinecea flower) as a way to boost your bodies natural immune system w/o antibiotics. I used to have an ongoing sinus infection that, even with antibiotics, seemed to last from about November to March each year. Since I began to use echinacea (which I start using whenever I sense a cold or sinus infection coming on), I've made it through multiple winters w/o getting sick. You can get it at your local health food store, or at an online place like Puritan's Pride.

The thing about a sinus (bacterial) infection is this, once they set in, antibiotics are normally required to rid yourself of it because, unlike a cold virus, they don't go away on their own (unless the Lord steps in an heals you, of course). If you end up needing to go with antibiotics, be sure to finish them, and go back to your doctor for more if the original run doesn't cure you (because if you don't, the bacteria can morph into something that is resistant to antibiotics you used, which can be problematic for you and others).

BTW, I believe one of the best ways to determine if you have a cold or an infection is the color of the stuff you are blowing/sneezing. Green = virus / Yellow = infection.

--David
It is both according to yr chart. I'm going to get lots of veg tomorrow. The Lord can heal me. I'm going to stop going out with wet hair and doing all the bad things like staying up too late. Will look into the echinea but will need to check interactions, have an underactive thyroid. Thank you for the advice. I'm getting more rest too because of this adverse weather.

Good night (It is midnight here).

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Sam

only just realized we live both live in UK. Praying you are better soon. Keep warm and have a good night's sleep.

God Bless.
Thanks! :)

I didnt sleep until after 3am. My cough turn from chesty to tickly. :rolleyes: Might be progress

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is both according to yr chart. I'm going to get lots of veg tomorrow. The Lord can heal me. I'm going to stop going out with wet hair and doing all the bad things like staying up too late. Will look into the echinea but will need to check interactions, have an underactive thyroid. Thank you for the advice. I'm getting more rest too because of this adverse weather.

Good night (It is midnight here).
Hope you'll be feeling well soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums