Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can take the name of Jesus in vain and your forgiven. Which completely contradicts, "do not take God's name in vain."

Taking God's name in vain is a sin -- in Christ sin can be forgiven

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Well when that thread gets started -- then start with "do not take God's name in vain" and show us how it takes faith to not take God's name in vain but takes no faith to worship God on the 7th day -- even though both are included in the Law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers in Jere 31:31-34 as the Law written on the heart under the New Covenant.. Much easier to just "look up in the sky and see the sun set"

If it is written in your heart to keep sabbath, how do you have right to sway what is in my heart...

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Hebrews 8 cant be the same as in the old testament law, there is a change of the law..

Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

That change is this..

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

There cant be a universal sabbath, we cant observe days, but we keep Holy on all days or none.

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spoiler alert: The responses are going to be...
1. no, we do not need to observe the sabbath in Jerusalem.
2. No, we do not need to observe the Sabbath at all, period because...
3. We must observe a Sabbath at least one day of the week but it needn't be strict like the Jews did it, just set aside a day to focus on the Lord.
4. We must observe a Sabbath day, which is Saturday, any other day is incorrect, the sign of the beast and you're going to Hell if you don't do it that way.

Nail. Hit. Head. That should be made into a poll

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If it is written in your heart to keep sabbath, how do you have right to sway what is in my heart..

Everyone has free will you can accept or ignore anything you wish.

Matt 7 says there is a wide road and a narrow road - clearly everyone is allowed to choose anything they wish.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the law of sin and death is deleted in Christ?

1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

Jesus is not called "the Bible deleter" in scripture.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;

Jesus is not called "the Bible deleter" in scripture.
Well someone deleted the laws of the priesthood?

Methinks Jesus had His finger on the delete key.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well someone deleted the laws of the priesthood? .

Moral law such as "do not take God's name in vain" does not ever "get deleted". It never becomes "ok to take God's name in vain" -- obviously. All Bible scholars in almost all denominations freely admit to this easy Bible detail.

Predictive law - predicting the work of Christ as High Priest (Heb 8:1) are ended when the event predicted takes place - (as Hebrews 7 points out). Here again -- a Bible detail so obvious that All Bible scholars in almost all denominations freely admit to it.

The Sabbath was "made for mankind" Mark 2:27 in Gen 2:1-3 and was given with no reference at all to sin.

In other words this is NOT a "Bible Sabbath" keeping Christian only POV - it is all Bible scholars in almost all Christian denominations on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic that freely admit to it.

====

I think you enjoy prompting me to remind everyone of this detail - and honestly I don't mind the many wide open opportunities you are providing for it to come up.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Everyone has free will you can accept or ignore anything you wish.

Matt 7 says there is a wide road and a narrow road - clearly everyone is allowed to choose anything they wish.

No it is not of him that wills but of God that shows mercy is told ( this is what is in the heart then, which I guess you may not know of me)..

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No it is not of him that wills but of God that shows mercy is told ( this is what is in the heart then, which I guess you may not know of me)..

Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

"God is not WILLING that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3
"God so loved the WORLD that HE gave" John 3:16
" 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. " Rev 3

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Matthew 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

God is not WILLING that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance 2 Peter 3

All of His sheep ( His little ones) do come to repentance.

Others are already perished as told..

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Is there any reason why the Sabbath shouldn't be observed according to the time in , say, Jerusalem?

The biblical writers didn't have a concept of time zones, since travel and communication were too slow for this to have any real practical bearing. Time zones are a result of immediate information transfer across large distances. We need to synchronise things across great distances.

This creates the awkward scenario where it's the Sabbath in New York but not in England. This creates all sorts of complications, and creates an uncessary and artificial division within the church.

As a unified body, does it not make more sense to have a central reference for the Sabbath? Jerusalem would be an obvious choice, but it needn't be Jerusalem. That location was chosen for its symbolic value.

Consider also that there are places on the globe where there is ,in essence, no sunset. There are places where the sun never sets.The commandment to keep the Sabbath from sundown to sunup thus cannot be taken to be normative.

We might also consider how space travel will further complicate the issue!
I have an idea. Let's skip the Sabbath entirely as it is not longer applicable. You also might have a problem getting kids to church at 3 am. I don't know why meeting according to a fixed time matters anyway. What complications arise if someone goes to a meeting in London but not in New York? In Australia, it's not even the same day as New York. How is that going to work?

Upvote 0