One thing at a time.

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
There can be no common ground between atheism and theism, they build off of completely different points. They are on different continents all together.
I find myself having a lot of common ground with theists of all sorts of brands, and I find myself building off common points with them (and their feedback tells me this is the same with them).
Thus, with your conviction that all theists have more common ground than any atheists and theists you are making a statement about your particular worldview rather than about that of any other theist or atheist.
You are isolating yourself, rather than isolating atheists.

Upvote 0

Penumbra

Traveler
Dec 3, 2008
United States
✟18,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
There can be no common ground between atheism and theism, they build off of completely different points. They are on different continents all together.
Please speak for yourself. I have tons of common ground with several theists here.

I can show you my list of people I have repped and the list of people that have repped me as tangible proof. Of course the reps themselves are trivial (and hyper-inflated), but the point is that I can show several pages of ideas that have been agreed upon by me and theists. (And the ones that are repped are merely a tiny subset of all agreed-upon posts and thoughts here.)

Some theists are completely foreign to me, while other theists are very similar except for our different views on the likelihood of the existence of deities.

-Lyn

Upvote 0

wolfwing

May 24, 2010
✟528.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sorry everyone, I meant theological common ground.

well theists can't even have common grounds on most stuff, and many counter grounds. I mean wicca and and Christians have many opposites and Christianity believes their beliefs are wrong and will go to hell. So it's not like theists as a whole have the same ground. Heh could say Atheists and wiccans have more in common then Christians and Wiccans, or any group.

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
well theists can't even have common grounds on most stuff, and many counter grounds. I mean wicca and and Christians have many opposites and Christianity believes their beliefs are wrong and will go to hell. So it's not like theists as a whole have the same ground. Heh could say Atheists and wiccans have more in common then Christians and Wiccans, or any group.

I'll get back to everyone on these, probably in a different thread. You guys have made it clear that my position needs some work before I present it. Bear with me here I just started a job that doesn't give me much time for other things.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Sorry everyone, I meant theological common ground.
Of course atheists cannot have theological common ground with anyone. They don´t even have a theological ground at all.
Your argument rests on your premise that believing in a some sort of god is the most important thing and that therefore theological common ground (i.e. the fact that both persons believe in some sort of god) is more important than any other.

Upvote 0

wolfwing

May 24, 2010
✟528.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'll get back to everyone on these, probably in a different thread. You guys have made it clear that my position needs some work before I present it. Bear with me here I just started a job that doesn't give me much time for other things.

Look forward to it :> We can't really say theists and atheists can't have theological positions together...I mean I'm sure Christians and atheist have tehological simularities when it comes to all other religions. While the reasons are different.

Upvote 0

Penumbra

Traveler
Dec 3, 2008
United States
✟18,536.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Congrats and good luck with your job. Especially these days!

-Lyn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums