Sebring, FL
✟676,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LifeSiteNews was founded in Canada in 1997 by John-Henry Westen, who is now Editor in Chief.

I believe that LifeSiteNews is one of the strongest voices in the pro-life movement. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

“The Antichrist’s Great Lie Revealed: Freemasonary, ‘One World Religion’, and Naturalism” is a video hosted by Westen. It is one of a series, and as the title suggests, Westen does entertain conspiracy theories where Freemasonry is the great enemy of the Roman Catholic Church.

Westen talks about Roman Catholic expectations of the Antichrist. He says that theologians, saints and mystics back up his views but doesn’t mention the Bible. The Antichrist will persecute the church with a false religion, which he calls naturalism. Westen defines naturalism as follows.

“… a ruling out or setting aside of the supernatural order and its divine revelation in the public sphere it also appears as a secularization of society and a denial that the state has duties towards God and the True Religion.”

In other words LifeSiteNews and John-Henry Westen favor a state church, specifically the Roman Catholic Church as a state church. To Westen, “the state has duties towards God,” and duties toward “the True Religion.” This extraordinary claim is found in the first five minutes of the video below.

For anyone to claim that their church is the rightful state church for every country simply puts them beyond the pale of anything I am willing to consider. To be taken seriously, Westen needs to realize that everyone doesn’t go to the same church.

Link to Video commented on here.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LifeSiteNews was founded in Canada in 1997 by John-Henry Westen, who is now Editor in Chief.

I believe that LifeSiteNews is one of the strongest voices in the pro-life movement. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

“The Antichrist’s Great Lie Revealed: Freemasonary, ‘One World Religion’, and Naturalism” is a video hosted by Westen. It is one of a series, and as the title suggests, Westen does entertain conspiracy theories where Freemasonry is the great enemy of the Roman Catholic Church.

Westen talks about Roman Catholic expectations of the Antichrist. He says that theologians, saints and mystics back up his views but doesn’t mention the Bible. The Antichrist will persecute the church with a false religion, which he calls naturalism. Westen defines naturalism as follows.

“… a ruling out or setting aside of the supernatural order and its divine revelation in the public sphere it also appears as a secularization of society and a denial that the state has duties towards God and the True Religion.”

In other words LifeSiteNews and John-Henry Westen favor a state church, specifically the Roman Catholic Church as a state church. To Westen, “the state has duties towards God,” and duties toward “the True Religion.” This extraordinary claim is found in the first five minutes of the video below.

For anyone to claim that their church is the rightful state church for every country simply puts them beyond the pale of anything I am willing to consider. To be taken seriously, Westen needs to realize that everyone doesn’t go to the same church.

Link to Video commented on here.
You know what is really scary, there are churches (progressive ones) that support pro-choice sadly in 2024. Churches are becoming echo chambers to suit people's own doctrines, including pro-choice doctrines.

2 Timothy 4:3 (ESV): "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions".

The verse basically says that some Christians (not all), especially modern churches, have gone so far from the Bible, that Cafeteria Christianity has become a thing in the past few decades.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟191,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lifesitenews lacks credibility, always has. It's purely anti-Pope Francis. Here's some evidence;

Reactions: Dale
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟676,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lifesitenews lacks credibility, always has. It's purely anti-Pope Francis. Here's some evidence;

Thanks, that is helpful. From the name you would think they are concerned almost entirely with promoting the pro-life position. Instead, Weston simply spreads the reactionary Roman Catholic view on everything. If pro-life is the goal, you won't win by alienating your allies.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟676,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what is really scary, there are churches (progressive ones) that support pro-choice sadly in 2024. Churches are becoming echo chambers to suit people's own doctrines, including pro-choice doctrines.

2 Timothy 4:3 (ESV): "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions".

The verse basically says that some Christians (not all), especially modern churches, have gone so far from the Bible, that Cafeteria Christianity has become a thing in the past few decades.

Being pro-choice isn't as scary as promoting a state church. Westen doesn't just say that Catholics should impose a state church if they are in the majority. He says that every government has a duty to the Roman Catholic church, no matte what the people think.

I'm not supporting the pro-choice position. I was on the email list of my local Democratic Party before I criticized Roe vs. Wade in a couple of letters to the editor. Now the Democrats no longer invite me to their fundraisers. I don't know what they gain by not inviting me to a fundraiser, but there it is.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being pro-choice isn't as scary as promoting a state church. Westen doesn't just say that Catholics should impose a state church if they are in the majority. He says that every government has a duty to the Roman Catholic church, no matte what the people think.

I'm not supporting the pro-choice position. I was on the email list of my local Democratic Party before I criticized Roe vs. Wade in a couple of letters to the editor. Now the Democrats no longer invite me to their fundraisers. I don't know what they gain by not inviting me to a fundraiser, but there it is.
Both political parties are kinda like a religion also. As soon as one criticizes one thing the democrats do, or one thing that MAGA does, we get kicked out of said party. My Republican friend here on the forums is an outcast in his own party for going against Trump. That is why I do not add myself to any party lists or align fully with either party.

We can both agree that the Cafeteria Christianity mentioned in 2 Timothy 4:3 and promoting state churches are equally scary. :) I am not sure which is more scary.

Upvote 0