One saved always saved (Eternal Security)

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I asked you to substantiate your opinion with scriptural backing which you declined to do. I asked you a simple question which you declined to answer. We both agree that the scriptures are the basis for our beliefs but when I ask you for scriptural backing you avoid doing so. Why is that?
So yes, having a conversation is not possible with you based upon your refusal to engage with my queries. The choice is yours.
Maybe you don’t have job or children that you think when someone has not answered you in four hours they are avoiding answering the question. Besides the fact that people spend 40 % - 50 % of their time on a cell. Not exactly convenient for large posts or adding scripture.

But you carry on.

Just part of the overall tone that makes talking w you unpleasant and negative

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you don’t have job or children that you think when someone has not answered you in four hours they are avoiding answering the question. Besides the fact that people spend 40 % - 50 % of their time on a cell. Not exactly convenient for large posts or adding scripture.

But you carry on.

Just part of the overall tone that makes talking w you unpleasant and negative
You took the time to answer my reply but still neglected to answer my very simple queries posed to you so I find your response to be quite disingenuous.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You took the time to answer my reply but still neglected to answer my very simple queries posed to you so I find your response to be quite disingenuous.
Well like I said I’m on a phone.

I don’t have time to answer with scripture nor can I cut and paste text.

So think what you like. I don’t want to talk w you anymore anyways. It’s in your consciousnesses best interest to think I am being disingenuous so you can then shrug off my opinion.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well like I said I’m on a phone.

I don’t have time to answer with scripture nor can I cut and paste text.

So think what you like. I don’t want to talk w you anymore anyways. It’s in your consciousnesses best interest to think I am being disingenuous so you can then shrug off my opinion.
I never requested that you reply immediately. I never gave you a time limit. You simply refused to answer my very simple questions which only serves to undermine your own opinion in my estimation.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never requested that you reply immediately. I never gave you a time limit. You simply refused to answer my very simple questions which only serves to undermine your own opinion in my estimation.
Maybe read your own posts. As soon as you saw a post from me that didn’t answer your question the judgement started.

Just be real about it.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe read your own posts. As soon as you saw a post from me that didn’t answer your question the judgement started.

Just be real about it.
You can answer anytime. Conversations require the courtesy of answering another's questions. You have for whatever reason avoided that. If you don't have time, don't need to respond - quite simple isn't it?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can answer anytime. Conversations require the courtesy of answering another's questions. You have for whatever reason avoided that. If you don't have time, don't need to respond - quite simple isn't it?
Your the one who came saying I refused answer. Lol.

It would be simple if you were nicer. I’ll pray that the spirit touches your heart and mind for the future.

God bless. Goodbye.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God does not want His saved children to live in the fear and uncertainty of losing the gift of their salvation, a new spiritual POSITION in Christ when they sin. He has promised to forgive their sins!

John 10:10.... I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected (MATURE) in love.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your the one who came saying I refused answer. Lol.

It would be simple if you were nicer. I’ll pray that the spirit touches your heart and mind for the future.

God bless. Goodbye.
If you think I was being mean, I certainly apologize. I didn't demand that you answer my questions immediately. What I did was pose questions to you in order for you to reconcile my questions with your position. In order to form your doctrine, one must not only provide scriptural basis for one's beliefs but also be able to defend one's position against scriptures which appear to contradict one's belief. Therefore you must reconcile those scriptures based on the questions I asked since we know that the scriptures don't contradict each other. Feel free to answer in the future if you are so inclined.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tell me, how can you read those verses and NOT believe in Eternal Security?
Sorry, you forgot to mention the many verses which teach the opposite. I believe all the verses, not just a few cherry-picked verses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are only 2 troublesome chapters / verses in Hebrews that may be interpreted as supporting loss of salvation. There are oodles of truly supporting verses herein.

Copy and paste the entire verse and discuss NON-supporting ones HERE.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are only 2 troublesome chapters / verses in Hebrews that may be interpreted as supporting loss of salvation. There are oodles of truly supporting verses herein.

Copy and paste is too easy. Rather, if you choose, chew on this question: Is it possible for a person to become "twice-dead." And if so, just how does that come about?

Upvote 0

WilliamBo

Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And every single one can be explained how it has nothing to do with insecure salvation if interpreted in context and by looking at the original language.

If anyone is interest you can do a google search on eternal security and problem passages and you will find that these verses do not prove insecure salvation.

Be Blessed

Well there are Scriptures saying we can't be plucked out of the Father's hand, and then verses that say things like to make sure you are one of the elect...

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The "elect" (eklektos) are ALL saved believers.

Matthew 24:31
“And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

elect...Greek 1588...eklektos...
A.chosen by God,
i.to obtain salvation through Christ
a.Christians are called "chosen or elect" of God
ii.the Messiah is called "elect", as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable
iii.choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
REPEAT:

There are only 2 troublesome chapters / verses in Hebrews that may be interpreted as supporting loss of salvation. There are oodles of truly supporting verses herein. CLUE: Chapters 6 + 10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "elect" (eklektos) are ALL saved believers.

Matthew 24:31
“And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

elect...Greek 1588...eklektos...
A.chosen by God,
i.to obtain salvation through Christ
a.Christians are called "chosen or elect" of God
ii.the Messiah is called "elect", as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable
iii.choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians
The elect are those who persevere correct? So your citation of Matt 24 is not relevant because it obviously refers to those saints who endured until Christ's return. However this verse does not include those saints who failed to persevere thus this verse does not prove OSAS.

Would you agree that those who are the elect are chosen and called by God; therefore they cannot fall away and lose their salvation?

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you look at that verse closer about working out our salvation with fear and trembling, you will see the Greek word translated into fear is also meant as reverence.
Where does the trembling come from ? Although I agree with you regarding the respect ..maybe a better word would be AWE ?

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, you forgot to mention the many verses which teach the opposite. I believe all the verses, not just a few cherry-picked verses.
You believe all the verses? Then you believe the verses contradict one another? OSAS and OSNAS?

Upvote 0

Tayla

Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You believe all the verses? Then you believe the verses contradict one another? OSAS and OSNAS?
No, I don't believe there is any contradiction in the Bible. The Bible doesn't say OSAS nor OSNAS so why should I believe these? I believe only what the Bible says, not what theologians say it says. Often, these are quite different, with contradictions between different theologians as you note. But the contradictions are between the theologians, not with the words of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I don't believe there is any contradiction in the Bible. The Bible doesn't say OSAS nor OSNAS so why should I believe these? I believe only what the Bible says, not what theologians say it says. Often, these are quite different, with contradictions between different theologians as you note. But the contradictions are between the theologians, not with the words of the Bible.
Good point.
Do you accept that Salvation is by the grace of God? Through the sacrifice of his son Jesus?

Upvote 0