One Church or one church, means what, who is right?

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Perception friend perception is everything.

You cannot know what love is unless you are touched by it. You experienced it when you became one with your wife in union. Jesus in me and I in Jesus is that marriage union and more and this I can testify that I have seen love and love is a living person, he is the living God, my Father, my Lord, My God and my precious.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth/love and the life.

Love is not material, it is not theological, it is not intellectual, rather love is God and truth is God and to try to explain or to formulate love according to your statement below....

"Love that isn't based on truth...."

Is to try and quantify and/or qualify love according to a human theological, doctrinal and intellectual construct.

Once a person starts to do this to warrant what love is, then they form rules and constructs that undermine and prevent people from establishing love relationships in the first place. We become a robotic race who are matched according to an equation, a doctrine, a normative view that is not subjective nor empathatic to the relationship of two. Jesus said I send you out in twos.

Many praise Jesus in liturgies, yet how are those words spoken relate to how that individual is in love with Jesus.

How can we speak his name if we are not one in Spirit ?

The Lord doesn't want our garments or repetitive praises, rather he wants our hearts to be joined to his.
Perception is not everything. But you can go on believing that if you like. Go ahead and tell God that when He says "I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life. No man cometh to the Father, but by Me." That's not perception. You want people to come to the Father by themselves, not by Christ's method. I want nothing more of your fantasy. You might want to keep the priests at the churches you lie to out of the loop if you want to keep taking Communion, because they would exclude you for your beliefs. It would be their duty to.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He called a specific group of Jews hypocrites, not all Jews. Notice He was always speaking to either the Pharisees or Saducees. There were 4 other groups of Jews out there. Christ doesn't once call them hypocrites.

Jesus wasn't attacking them personally, rather he was attacking their establishment and doctrinal views. His teachings and actions of over turning the money changers are only a few examples of the great distaste of what became of a religious institution, so pious in their ways that they regarded the institution as a mother. This mother later became the harlot of Babylon according to John in Revelation.

You say that Jesus only complained about a few Jews and not the establishment as a whole ?

Hardly, he would continually content with the church hierarchy and undermine their established ways for that is why they sought to kill him. To this date Jesus and his disciples are thought of by the rabinical authorities of today as revolutionaries who wanted to overturn the establishment and boy did they ever.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perception friend perception is everything.

You cannot know what love is unless you are touched by it. You experienced it when you became one with your wife in union. Jesus in me and I in Jesus is that marriage union and more and this I can testify that I have seen love and love is a living person, he is the living God, my Father, my Lord, My God and my precious.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth/love and the life.

Love is not material, it is not theological, it is not intellectual, rather love is God and truth is God and to try to explain or to formulate love according to your statement below....

"Love that isn't based on truth...."

Is to try and quantify and/or qualify love according to a human theological, doctrinal and intellectual construct.

Once a person starts to do this to warrant what love is, then they form rules and constructs that undermine and prevent people from establishing love relationships in the first place. We become a robotic race who are matched according to an equation, a doctrine, a normative view that is not subjective nor empathatic to the relationship of two. Jesus said I send you out in twos.

Many praise Jesus in liturgies, yet how are those words spoken relate to how that individual is in love with Jesus.

The Lord doesn't want our garments or repetitive praises, rather he wants our hearts to be joined to his.

Love is felt in our heart. Its joyful, comforting, heart warming, assuring.

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gods love. See Romans 5 as well.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perception is not everything. But you can go on believing that if you like. Go ahead and tell God that when He says "I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life. No man cometh to the Father, but by Me." That's not perception. You want people to come to the Father by themselves, not by Christ's method. I want nothing more of your fantasy. You might want to keep the priests at the churches you lie to out of the loop if you want to keep taking Communion, because they would exclude you for your beliefs. It would be their duty to.

So according to you there is a method, a formula for people to come to the Father. Do you know what you just admitted?

Your saying that a religious institution has the formula to the Father and Jesus is just a manager who deligated his role and love affairs to others to play with and to decide according to their formula as to who is in and who is out. You said that according to the institution's formula I should be kicked out even though I have seen the Lord and I have a real and tangible relationship with him.

Do you see how strong a delusion it would be to allow others to be involved in a person's love relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am the only person who can experience love with my wife legitamately. Now that applies to my relationship with Jesus Christ, that is greater than that of my love relationship with my wife.

How can another dare to tell me, to say whether my relationship with Jesus is true love or not, when my experiences are mine and mine alone.

Can I tell you whether your relationship with your wife is true or false?

Absolutely not!

Can your bishop tell you is your love relationship with your wife is true or false?

Absolutely not!

How then can you say.....

You want people to come to the Father by themselves, not by Christ's method.

Did we not come to our wive's by ourselves?

Offcourse we did.

So how can there be a method outside of what I perceieved through my experiences as a human being that made me chose to be in union with my wife?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

COOL!
That just now reminded me of Y'SHUA'S PRAYER in JOHN 17 for ekklesia, born ones of YHWH. (TODAY on earth, disciples TODAY, to be ONE with the FATHER and the SON, as THEY ARE ONE)

As is written throughout YHWH'S WORD, LIVING "in union" all the time with Y'SHUA and one another [ekklesia only]; with all of the characteristics growing and present and alive that are listed by YHWH , BREAHED in HIS WORD - including but not limited to BLAMELESS, HOLY (set apart), JOYOUS, with GREAT PEACE (NO DEPRESSION), and with RIGHTEOUSNESS....
to name a few....

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Jesus wasn't attacking them personally, rather he was attacking their establishment and doctrinal views. His teachings and actions of over turning the money changers are only a few examples of the great distaste of what became of a religious institution, so pious in their ways that they regarded the institution as a mother. This mother later became the harlot of Babylon according to John in Revelation.

You say that Jesus only complained about a few Jews and not the establishment as a whole ?

Hardly, he would continually content with the church hierarchy and undermine their established ways for that is why they sought to kill him. To this date Jesus and his disciples are thought of by the rabinical authorities of today as revolutionaries who wanted to overturn the establishment and boy did they ever.
Really? He was attacking the establishment that God Himself established? I find that doubtful since He was part of the establishment as a Jewish Rabbi. Jesus is God. Jesus established the Jewish establishment. Jesus wouldn't then attack the establishment He established. You may as well say that Clinton hates the Clinton Foundation or that Trump hates Ivanka.

The harlot of Babylon wasn't built by God. To think that is to believe in heresy, pure and simple.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
So according to you there is a method, a formula for people to come to the Father. Do you know what you just admitted?

Your saying that a religious institution has the formula to the Father and Jesus is just a manager who deligated his role and love affairs to others to play with and to decide according to their formula as to who is in and who is out. You said that according to the institution's formula I should be kicked out even though I have seen the Lord and I have a real and tangible relationship with him.

Do you see how strong a delusion it would be to allow others to be involved in a person's love relationship with Jesus Christ.

I am the only person who can experience love with my wife legitamately. Now that applies to my relationship with Jesus Christ, that is greater than that of my love relationship with my wife.

How can another dare to tell me, to say whether my relationship with Jesus is true love or not, when my experiences are mine and mine alone.

Can I tell you whether your relationship with your wife is true or false?

Absolutely not!

Can your bishop tell you is your love relationship with your wife is true or false?

Absolutely not!

How then can you say.....

You want people to come to the Father by themselves, not by Christ's method.

Did we not come to our wive's by ourselves?

Offcourse we did.

So how can there be a method outside of what I perceieved through my experiences as a human being that made me chose to be in union with my wife?
We come to our wives according to how THEY need us to come to them. If we do not learn how to anticipate their needs, they will never become our wives. Relationships are about GIVING UP SELF. They are about SACRIFICING selfish desires. In order to love someone, we must learn to speak their love language. We cannot simply speak only the love language that we know. For example, I am a Touch-oriented love language speaker. I understand love through the physical touch, as well as through personal time. My fiance understands love through words of affirmation and through personal attention to needs.

Words of affirmation are a method of love that I do not have experience with, but if I want to love my fiance (and I do want to love her), then it is my duty to learn that method of loving. Sure, I'm quite horrible at it, to be frank. I scored a zero on Words of Affirmation in my Love Language test. But when I attempt, even though I am not good at it, I fill her love tank like nothing else does.

The fact is that the only reason there is compromise on both sides in a human relationship is because both sides are imperfect. God is not imperfect. A relationship with Him requires compromise only on one side of the equation: ours. We have to learn HIS ways of loving. As Scripture says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." You cannot use YOUR methods to discover the Lord's love. You must use HIS methods as HE declared them. Those methods were delivered once, and only once, for every person in the world, according to Jude 1:3.

So yes, I am saying that while my relationship is my own, it is not built according to my methods, because my methods are not God's methods:

Let the wicked forsake his way
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
And let him return to the LORD,
And He will have compassion on him,
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD.

9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

In order to love God, you must forsake your ways and seek the ways of the Lord. You cannot expect to find God on the path you make when God has already made a path for you. There is only one passage through the mountains, and that is Jesus Christ, in His Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2:9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Praise the Lord, I am new, I have such a grand future waiting. My heart is not big enough to contain such delightful joy. My heart overflows. It may just grow wings and fly away! :)
For someone who doesn't want to debate, you sure like posting in debate threads. Your "joy" calls for people to leave the Body. That's human joy. I'll take the divine Joy offered in the Church over anything you have to give.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Very odd.
Y'SHUA'S JOY , living in union with Y'SHUA, is SO MUCH GREATER THAN THAT;
but
only for those who trust HIM in their hearts and lives and always walk with HIM.

Not who trust in some obvious religious confusion or deception (until they , if YHWH permits, "COME OUT OF HER" to be with Y'SHUA and in union with YHWH'S PEOPLE).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very odd.
Y'SHUA'S JOY , living in union with Y'SHUA, is SO MUCH GREATER THAN THAT;
but
only for those who trust HIM in their hearts and lives and always walk with HIM.

Not who trust in some obvious religious confusion or deception (until they , if YHWH permits, "COME OUT OF HER" to be with Y'SHUA and in union with YHWH'S PEOPLE).

The joy I feel is something I sought after for a long time. Seek and you will find sayeth the Lord.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For someone who doesn't want to debate, you sure like posting in debate threads. Your "joy" calls for people to leave the Body. That's human joy. I'll take the divine Joy offered in the Church over anything you have to give.
Meh

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The joy I feel is something I sought after for a long time. Seek and you will find sayeth the Lord.
AMEIN BROTHER in CHRIST!
That is what I referred to - YHWH'S EXTRAVAGANTLY GENEROUS JOY UNSPEAKABLY GREAT IN Y'SHUA for everyone who abides in HIM, who are born again, immersed in HIS NAME -
so
so much greater than the joy others say they have or experience .

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AMEIN BROTHER in CHRIST!
That is what I referred to - YHWH'S EXTRAVAGANTLY GENEROUS JOY UNSPEAKABLY GREAT IN Y'SHUA for everyone who abides in HIM, who are born again, immersed in HIS NAME -
so
so much greater than the joy others say they have or experience .

Restores my soul brother.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
What if He sent you people to bring you in the Church and the "joy" isn't something that's really from Him. Test the spirits, says the Lord. Also, it's spelled "saith", not sayeth.

Upvote 0