Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Being in the Body of Christ as Christians is a lot like being in a family. We may say things that offend our siblings from time to time. We may have sharp disagreements at times, but that should not separate us, but instead, as should be done as right, is to seek reconciliation with one another. We may feel like we know each other so well that we are "comfortable" sharing the same space even when we know the flaws of each other. So while a Baptist is not going to have the same outlook as an Orthodox on the Lord's Supper, we should be able to share the same place without immediately coming to judgment about that person for ill. For if we only see the mistakes of the other sibling, how shall we know that we are right? As the Lord says, "First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to pull the speck out of your brother's eye." So I suggest, as I think it is important and the very virtue of Christianity, to both see these others here on this forum as your siblings in Christ, remove bitterness from your heart, look for areas of agreement (very difficult at times, I admit), and love when it is difficult especially, for if we only love those who love us, then we have no reward except acceptance from our particular tribe.

"Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not arrogant, is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not irritable, and does not keep a record of wrongs. Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:4–7)

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
There is more that unites us than tears us apart.

John 17:20-26

That's a nice thought, but I don't think it's really true. I'm not sure what I have in common with a premillenial dispensationalist, for instance.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟412,239.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's a nice thought, but I don't think it's really true. I'm not sure what I have in common with a premillenial dispensationalist, for instance.
Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus Christ

Not the same Jesus. The Jesus of dispensationalism is more like a bloodthirsty warlord.

I guess you don't live in the US and aren't surrounded by this stuff. It is not the same religion.

Upvote 0