once again from the hypocrite in chief...

Status
Not open for further replies.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys,

Yesterday what's his name in the WH held a Hanukkah celebration and specifically didn't invite any Jewish Democrats. Well, that's to be expected for such a narcissist. However, he held the celebration several days before the actual holiday is observed by the Jews. That's not a big problem either, except...a few years ago here's what the hypocrite in chief said about President Obama doing the exact same thing in 2011.

“Why was the Hanukah [sic] celebration held in the White House two weeks early? @barackobama wants to vacation in Hawaii in late December. Sad,” Trump complained on Twitter on December 9, 2011.

Make of this what you will. Sadly, his past always gets in the way of his present.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Hypocritical.

But I really liked what he did about Jerusalem. And it's a LOT more important. ;)

Sadly, Jesus is not walking the earth so we have to choose flawed human beings as our leaders and try to pick the ones with the fewest "relevant" flaws and the most "relevant" strengths.

And the bar was VERY low in 2016. He was running against Hillary.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi AT,

Yes, I do agree that it's about time that the U.S., and many of the other non-arab nations recognize that Israel wants Jerusalem to be its capitol. We've kicked this goal down the lane long enough. Someone started a post on that yesterday and I voiced agreement to this decision. Like many others, I'm aware of the dangers of doing such a thing, but I hope that if we can get more support for this among the other nations, then the arab nations will choose not to retaliate. We'll see.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Almost there, how is the Jerusalem matter important? What benefits do you see in this?
Subject for a different thread. It's a heck of a lot more important than a hypocritical comment my our president a few years ago.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Almost there, how is the Jerusalem matter important? What benefits do you see in this?

Hi hengesthorsa,

I don't see it as being a decision that is supposed to 'benefit' anyone, except for possibly Israel. Israel has held that Jerusalem is its capitol city for decades. Standard embassy protocol is that Jerusalem should then be the city in which other nations establish their embassies because it is the recognized capitol city of another nation.

But, we and most other countries have balked at putting our embassies to Israel in Jerusalem for fear of Palestinian and Arab violence. Now, the U.S. went on record a couple of decades ago that they would recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and wrote out a proclamation to show that. But it was never signed by previous presidents. Rather, each time it came up for review, presidents would defer signing it.

The proclamation established Jerusalem as Israel's capitol and also established a date to begin establishing our embassy there. It only needed to be signed by the president to become effective, but each president has kicked the can down the road and every year the sitting president would merely extend it and extend it. For some 20+ years this declaration has been out there getting kicked down the road.

I agree that it's time to put up or shut up and I felt the same way every time that previous presidents kept refusing to sign the bill. So yes, I'm in full agreement with what Donald Trump has done in this regard. However, let me be clear to point out that this one instance of agreement doesn't, in my mind, make him any particularly great president in all else that he's accomplished, or as the case really seems to be, not accomplished.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

Yesterday what's his name in the WH held a Hanukkah celebration and specifically didn't invite any Jewish Democrats. Well, that's to be expected for such a narcissist. However, he held the celebration several days before the actual holiday is observed by the Jews. That's not a big problem either, except...a few years ago here's what the hypocrite in chief said about President Obama doing the exact same thing in 2011.

“Why was the Hanukah [sic] celebration held in the White House two weeks early? @barackobama wants to vacation in Hawaii in late December. Sad,” Trump complained on Twitter on December 9, 2011.

Make of this what you will. Sadly, his past always gets in the way of his present.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I wonder if your snide remarks would be better replaced by prayer for our president, along the lines of 1 Timothy 2:2. Your remarks are not appreciated by all, obviously, and work towards division in the body of Christ (that includes both Democrats and Republicans). As Christ would have us pray for unity, and as Scripture (such as Ephesians 4:3) encourages us to be "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." might we drop the attacks and name calling regarding both Obama and Trump and those in each of their parties, and "speak not evil one of another, brethren (Christians on Christian Forums), James 4:11, and work toward building people up instead of tearing them down. I trust that you will take this in the loving, edifying manner in which it is intended, not take offense or become defensive, but will receive it graciously, and hopefully apply it, bringing a peace that passes understanding both to you and your readers/hearers. May God be able to bless you in all this, to the blessing of others (friend and foe alike, Matthew 5:44). To the glory of God.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that it's time to put up or shut up and I felt the same way every time that previous presidents kept refusing to sign the bill. So yes, I'm in full agreement with what Donald Trump has done in this regard. However, let me be clear to point out that this one instance of agreement doesn't, in my mind, make him any particularly great president in all else that he's accomplished, or as the case really seems to be, not accomplished.
True. It just makes him more courageous than all the others. :)

BTW, I was just listening to Ben Shapiro explain exactly what you covered there about the 1995 bill.

I seriously see Trump as our Churchill. A man for his time, and when he's done the magic that apparently only a non-politician like him can do, we'll summarily kick him out, as England kicked out Churchill.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi hengesthorsa,

I don't see it as being a decision that is supposed to 'benefit' anyone, except for possibly Israel. Israel has held that Jerusalem is its capitol city for decades. Standard embassy protocol is that Jerusalem should then be the city in which other nations establish their embassies because it is the recognized capitol city of another nation.

But, we and most other countries have balked at putting our embassies to Israel in Jerusalem for fear of Palestinian and Arab violence. Now, the U.S. went on record a couple of decades ago that they would recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel and wrote out a proclamation to show that. But it was never signed by previous presidents. Rather, each time it came up for review, presidents would defer signing it.

The proclamation established Jerusalem as Israel's capitol and also established a date to begin establishing our embassy there. It only needed to be signed by the president to become effective, but each president has kicked the can down the road and every year the sitting president would merely extend it and extend it. For some 20+ years this declaration has been out there getting kicked down the road.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
I would have really liked this post, if it weren't for the last sentence. Still it is "pretty" good, if not excellent. God bless.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Trump's hypocrisy, pettiness, rudeness & inability to spell the most basic words are part of his schtick his base likes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump's hypocrisy, pettiness, rudeness & inability to spell the most basic words are part of his schtick his base likes.
I think it is the part of his schtick that outs the left. And yes, I think it's schtick.

I've actually intentionally misspelled words when "trolling" some self-important leftist spelling nazis.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi greg,

Could be. Personally, I've never understood that the body of believers should ever be divided by political partisanship. But that doesn't mean that we don't have different understandings of how our nation should be governed. While we live in this world, we can all have opinions regarding whether or not there should be a traffic light installed at the intersection of 4th St. and Main.

I do respect the government of the U.S. I just don't agree with the policies or appreciate the basic nature of our current leader. I'm sure that in your life there have been some policies and perhaps even the nature of a leader that you haven't agreed with.

Some believe that God's word says that he handpicks each nation leader. I rather see God's claim as Him having established the authority of different governments around the globe. I just can't quite wrap my head around God having handpicked Adolph Hitler or Idi Aminn or Moammar Quaddafi but I can fully appreciate that He established the governing authority of the nation of Germany, Uganda, and Libya. Each of these governing authorities then have the freedom to choose who they want to lead them.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is the part of his schtick that outs the left. And yes, I think it's schtick.

I've actually intentionally misspelled words when "trolling" some self-important leftist spelling nazis.

So Trump was just trolling Jews when he misspelled Hanukkah? You're probably totally right about that. He'd probably call any Jew who called him out on it a spelling Nazi, too.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Trump was just trolling Jews when he misspelled Hanukkah? You're probably totally right about that.
Or he may have been in a hurry, or he may have been trolling non-jew self-important leftist SJW's.

I don't know how to spell that word. I depend on some sort of spell checker.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Or he may have been in a hurry, or he may have been trolling non-jew self-important leftist SJW's.

I don't know how to spell that word. I depend on some sort of spell checker.

Well now, let's say that Trump, who at the time was in his late 60s & not a 6th grader like the behavior you're describing would be far more fitting of. Even if he was targeting non-Jews, he'd have to be both incredibly stupid & incredibly petty to not realize that he'd still be trolling Jews with the Tweet. This is the man who has had big tantrums about saying Merry Christmas but he either couldn't be bothered to spell the name of a Jewish holiday properly, or he was just using the misspelling to troll folks. He'd be the first one to crap his pants in anger if a Democrat wrote Mary Chrismas.

I'm sorry you didn't learn how to spell that word, either. I did in elementary school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

I think it's not because they admire it but because they like watching a train wreck as long as it hurts people they hate. But they don't understand we are all in this together, ultimately.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well now, let's say that Trump, who at the time was in his late 60s & not a 6th grader like the behavior you're describing would be far more fitting of. Even if he was targeting non-Jews, he'd have to be both incredibly stupid & incredibly petty to not realize that he'd still be trolling Jews with the Tweet. This is the man who has had big tantrums about saying Merry Christmas but he either couldn't be bothered to spell the name of a Jewish holiday properly, or he was just using the misspelling to troll folks. He'd be the first one to crap his pants in anger if a Democrat wrote Mary Chrismas.

I'm sorry you didn't learn how to spell that word, either. I did in elementary school.
For the record, you're trying too hard. ;)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the bar was VERY low in 2016. He was running against Hillary.
If Reps. had stepped up and supported Kasich, Trump would not have been the only other choice to run against Clinton. Surely Kasich would be better than either of the other two.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
imo, Trump did it because a very large number of Christians, not to mention his Jewish family and friends, wanted him to. It could be done without the Congress so why not please these people?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.