Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've clicked on it three times with the same results.

Daniel wrote about Antiochus and his defilement of the Temple and persecution of the Jews.. After his death the Jews rededicated the Temple.. that the reason they celebrate Hannukah.

try this then type identify the antichrist in the search box

Amazing Discoveries | Walter Veith

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The average interpreter views the seals the same way they view the beast. They look at a progressive of 'past tense' interpretation. I've said it over and over again that not ONE part of the Revelation13 and 17 beast is 'past tense.' The heads and horns are not ancient Popes, Ancient Roman Emperors, or past kingdoms. Everything on these beast represents something or someone that exist in the last days - at the consummation of the age - just before the Lord's return and the big battle.

SDA'S have real problems with prophecy. In my opinion, they get very little right. Everything is about ROME with Seventh Day Adventist. Some Protestants do the same thing and attribute all the evils of the last days to Rome. That's amazing to me because there's no scriptural evidence that specifically labels Rome being involved in the last days. NONE!

The SDA "National Sunday Law" is a real ridiculous abomination. Your church actually believes governments will legislate that everyone goes to church on Sunday and Protestants would fall into accepting this "Mark of the Beast" because they already go to church on Sundays. I can deal with Mormon's and JW'S better than SDA'S.

SEALS
To say a seal opens slowly or centuries ago, or that they are in a constant mode of revelation - defeats the purpose of them even being called a seal.

The SDA view is that the four horsemen have passed between the 1st and 5th centuries and represent different stages of the church. The purpose of the 7 seals - especially the four horsemen, is they are events that pass swiftly and give us the 'opening signs' of the end-times. They indicate that there's very little time left before the world really goes bad and the Lord returns. They show us that the fulfillment of the rest of the book of Revelation is upon us with bigger things to come.

The four horsemen are NOT PAST TENSE - they are four END-TIME events and people. The four riders are ISLAMIC. Bin Laden, (1st Seal) Saddam Hussien, (2nd Seal) Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, (3rd Seal) - and the fourth seal is likely Assad or some Iranian nutcase. I have a page on my site about each one.

Revelation 6 on to the end of the book covers a very short period of time. From the last trump in Revelation 11 there's very likely only a 45 day duration before the Lord returns.

The protestant reformers

Calvin and Luther were not the only church leaders to identify the Antichrist. A host of reformers identified the Antichrist as the Papacy, such as Thomas Cranmer ("Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons"vii), John Knox ("Hitherto the pope has been antichrist"viii), John Wesley ("He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers"ix), John Wycliffe, John Huss, Jerome, and John Melanchthon.

Others who identify the Antichrist

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Front row. Sixth guy from the right has engaging smile. Does that mean he is antichrist ?

No, he is just the `forerunner` as it were. He will be able to introduce the Peace Negotiator to the world`s stage as he will be a relation of the A/C.

I do have someone in mind for the A/C as he ticks all the boxes. Will post when I`m able as off visiting today.

Upvote 0

Oberamagau

Feb 21, 2020
Penacook
✟2,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No one knows if John of Patmos was John the Apostle or not.. and scholars disagree on the early or late writing of the Revelation letter to the seven churches.. and it doesn't matter because history in the Bible is not linear.
John of Patmos is the son of Zebedee and he wrote 5 NT books/letters and believed to have died in Ephesus. He was very close to Jesus and there's no reason to believe Revelation was written by 'another' John.

• The Gospel According to John: AD 80 to 98
  • First, Second and Third John: AD 90 to 95
  • The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ: AD 94 to 98
There is a good bit of evidence that Revelation was adapted nearly verbatim from an earlier apocalyptic Jewish writing. We do know it is written in symbolic language .. some say "code".
Baloney - baloney - baloney! It doesn't surprise me that you would allow your preterist mentors would mislead you to that depth.
Whether Nero or Domitian doesn't matter either since both emperors persecuted the Jews.
Yes it does matter. Nero died in 68 AD by suicide NOT be the brightness of the Lord's coming. Domitian died in AD 96 and was persecutor of the Church.
Shifting the identity of the locusts to Arabs and suicide bombers is ridiculous.
People have known that the Arabs/Muslim's are represented by locust for a few hundred years now! Where have you been? I know - Preterist Archives! Nahum said to the Arabs...
"Make thyself many as the locusts. " Nah.3:5

Speaking of the Arabs, Judges 6:5 say’s...

"For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it."
In Revelation 9 Satan is called Abaddon and Apollyon. In Revelation 12 Satan is called the dragon. In Revelation 9 the Roman Empire is described as locusts. In Revelation 13 the Roman Empire is described as the beast.
You are only fooling yourself, scorpions and locust have the Mid-East as their natural habitat, especially in Arabia. Revelation 9 points to the Arabs and Muslims. Do you think the Euphrates is in Italy? You - or anyone one on the forum are welcome to quote one verse 'of prophecy' that specifically points to Rome.

Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
Specifically, the locusts are lead by Titus.. He commanded the Roman garrisons stationed in Syria as well as troops provided by Egypt, Syria and Arabs which were part of the Roman empire.
Titus led the locust?...
It amazes me the things you believe. I mean it's humorous.
The earthly reflection of the locusts of Revelation 9 are Roman soldiers and the General Titus is the human reflection of Apollyon.
So the good General Titus had 200 million soldiers? The Locust represent jihadist and John even tells us how many jihadist there are in the world when this happens.
In 2006-7 a leading Mid-East expert said there were 300 million jihadist and 400 million radicals in the world. I thought that number to be a bit high on the jihadist but close on the radicals.

Google - "How many Jihadist are there in the world" and see what you get!

"And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them."
That would be 200 million.
Firey breastplates aren't suicide bombers.. This must be the stuff of false prophets that Jesus warned about. I'm curious. What church taught you that the locusts of Revelation were Arabs?
Churches aren't where I get my information. I do my own research. The Old Testament is where I found that locust can represent the Arabs.
Enlighten me. Tell me the Preterist understanding of "BREASTPLATES OF FIRE!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oberamagau

Feb 21, 2020
Penacook
✟2,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The protestant reformers

Calvin and Luther were not the only church leaders to identify the Antichrist. A host of reformers identified the Antichrist as the Papacy, such as Thomas Cranmer ("Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons"vii), John Knox ("Hitherto the pope has been antichrist"viii), John Wesley ("He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers"ix), John Wycliffe, John Huss, Jerome, and John Melanchthon.

Others who identify the Antichrist
A bunch of reformers labeled Rome as the beast. But - they were wrong! IF someone believes that Rome or the Pope is the origin of the beast and anti-Christ - they need to show WHERE Rome is explicitly stated as so. Every nation and people mentioned in bible prophecy is Arab - Persian - and Islamic today....EVERY nation!

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Oberamagau

Feb 21, 2020
Penacook
✟2,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That isn't true. Muslims revere Jesus as the purest of the prophets, born of a virgin from the mind of God like Adam. They don't believe that blood sacrifice expiates sin. They don't believe that God eats or is fed. They don't believe Jesus was crucified.. That really offends their sense of justice that such a holy man could die such a cruel and humiliating death.

Ignorance is a terrible thing.. The Arabs aren't the "locusts" anymore than Russia is Gog and Magog.

“Titus began the siege of Jerusalem in April, 70. The defenders held out desperately for five months, but by the end of August the Temple area was occupied and the holy house burned down, and by the end of September all resistance in the city had come to an end.”
I don't believe Russia is Gog or Magog. I just happen to believe Nahum 3 and Judges 6.

Upvote 0

Oberamagau

Feb 21, 2020
Penacook
✟2,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them."
That would be 200 million.

There are only 60 million horses on earth today.
At the current rate of expansion, left unaltered or unregulated, The Global Equine Population wouldn't reach 200 million until about the year 2536 at the earliest, then of course it will take some time to transport them all to the middle east...

• Haha
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A bunch of reformers labeled Rome as the beast. But - they were wrong! IF someone believes that Rome or the Pope is the origin of the beast and anti-Christ - they need to show WHERE Rome is explicitly stated as so. Every nation and people mentioned in bible prophecy is Arab - Persian - and Islamic today....EVERY nation!

The Reformers' recognition of the apostate papacy as the dominant antchrist of that era was a foundational doctrine of the Reformation, and integral to its success.

God used the Reformation to liberate His true Church from spiritual bondage and darkness, at enormous cost in suffering and death.

You are a direct beneficiary today of the Reformers' faith and sacrifice.

But according to you, they were wrong.

Apparently you'd prefer to live in spiritual bondage and darkness.

P.S. The only wrongs are the armchair futurized fantasies and fallacies of dispensational delusionism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fusion77

Dec 18, 2015
Texas
✟62,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the Brink of the Tribulation.

Political

Saudi Arabia`s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is the host leader for the G20 this year. I think he could well introduce the Peace Negotiator to the world`s leaders and provide the international platform for him to rise to prominence.

Of course the Russian war would have to have occurred. And we can see those nations lining up - Russia & Iran in Syria just north of Israel, then Ethiopia in famine, (locust plague) plus Russia and Libya joining forces in their civil war.

Economic

The Corona virus causing the collapse of the world`s financial system.

China Faces Financial Armageddon Countdown - World Economy At Risk

View attachment 272569

Let's start with Chinese businesses: while China's giant state-owned SOEs will likely have enough of a liquidity lifeblood to last them for 2-3 quarters, it is the country's small businesses that are facing a head on collision with an iceberg, because according to the Nikkei, over 85% of small businesses - which employ 80% of China's population - expect to run out of cash within three months, and a third expect the cash to be all gone within a month.

Should this happen, not only will China's economy collapse, but China's $40 trillion financial system will disintegrate, as it is suddenly flooded with trillions in bad loans.
(ref: by Tyler Durden. Prophecy news Watch)

Religious

Man`s religious institutions bowing to the UN`s moral laws.

These are my thoughts, and what are you seeing?
I don’t have any predictions but Definitely some turbulent times among us.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Luke is best evidence for preterism.
Just from the testimony/ what I heard in time past from some who called themselves preterists,
Luke would not have nay anything in common nor to do with preterism.

I'm not sure I'm remember right, but I also think it is not permitted on this site we are on.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think it was Yahweh first - but don't know when.
Who do you think started those things assiated with or part of 'Islamamic' ?
Certainly not Yahweh nor Jesus nor the true believers !?

Upvote 0