On meeting God...

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The first time I met God (that I remember, mind you) I was about 13 or 14. Some local ministry set up a "trap" of sorts to get people to hear the gospel. It was dubbed "the biggest pizza party in the world" and it was supposed to have all the free pizza you could eat, no strings.

It was held at our local high school, and it is central in our county, easy to reach. That placed was PACKED. Shoulder to shoulder in hallways, company guys carrying pizza in by the tens. They had a band that played that I considered "lame" because I was a metal fan, but i listened to anyway. A guy got up to talk afterward.

Told the simple gospel. Told testimonies of people who were dying and seeing the beyond right before death...heaven and hell. Spoke of Jesus and what he had accomplished by going to the cross. Like I said, simple. What wasn't simple however, was the amount of conviction I was feeling. I won't attempt to describe it, it is just God, really close, urging you to come to him...and because he is perfect and holy, and we are not, at first it feels like two magnets repelling. Like you want to run at first, but somehow know you belong in Him.

I answered the alter call along with about 70 others. Looked like all that money and effort and prayer had payed off! I thank those guys so much for having the heart and vision to bring people, namely me, to Jesus. And although I answered the alter call, I was determined to give my heart to God when I got home where there were no people or distraction. There, in my room, was my first encounter with our Creator.

I got home, took a shower, got in bed and started praying. I told Him he could have all of me. I surrendered everything I was to him. Prayed for forgiveness, and repented of ignoring him. About 20 seconds into the prayer, his presence filled the room. Words can't possibly describe fully the experience...but I'll still try

It was such a feeling of overwhelming peace and love. It was so strong, as if Jesus himself had come to visit me. It felt like warm oil all over me. I didnt know about the lifting of hands in worship, never even seen it before, but that is what I was doing, with tears streaming down my face.

I don't know exactly how long this went on. Maybe an hour, maybe three, but I do remember wondering if I would feel this same peace when I woke up for school the next day.

That same peace that is indescribable was still there when I opened my eyes for school the next day. I got up, looked at my closet door that was completely covered in posters of rock stars, and ripped them all down, to the surprise of my mom. That was a BIG indication that a change had happened in me. Those musicians were my idols.

Everything that day seemed to look beautiful. Simple items like a desk at school, the view out the window, even my classmates I saw in such love and wonder. People saw a change in me, but since I didn't know to stay in prayer and read the word, the high wore off, and within a year I was backslidden.

I soon got into drugs and heavy metal. Learned to play guitar and was in a band. We tried to do any drug we could get our hands on. But being so young, it was mostly weed, alcohol, and the occasional pill.

A couple years later, something happened to me that I now see as a paradigm shift, a moment of destiny that forever changed my life...

Me and a buddy were hanging out with a few mutual friends smoking weed and drinking. We had some pill I don't remember, but the combination of these seemed to make us more aware of each other in communication. Like me and this friend were connected at the brain. We said some sentence that sparked a still-point in perception, so we left the others and went to his room to talk.

We talked for 3 straight hours about how everything connects, people's motives, how everything is a circle and we are all the same spirit, separated by different bodies. It was like wisdom was dropped on us that day. Like things we had in our subcontious were surfacing with the connecting epiphany. We started keeping observation notebooks on us at all times, writing realizations about life and people as they came.

Then we were introduced to LSD. Acid was my drug of choice because it put me where I wanted to be mentally to rediscover the amazement of life. Like you are a genius kid again, playing in a beautiful sandbox of mysteries unfolding. It gave me so much insight, and actually made me love people for who they truly were, because the walls we all put up are transparent to someone on acid who knows how to unlock doors. I didn't take it to party and giggle like some, but to expand my mind as the old cliche goes.

During all this, I felt I was years ahead of my time in wisdom, and I was...but I wasn't seeing the COMPLETE truth.

One night, while tripping acid, I wanted to go farther than I had ever been. Me and a friend were meditating back to back in a barely lit room. Adjacent to this room was a bathroom with a small window that allowed a little light through from the security light outside. It was around midnight. I stared into this window, using it for my portal into the other side. I would start to get deep into it when my buddy would say "dude, you're leaving me". I told him to shut up and not mess up my trip.

I said (outloud, mind you) "whatever spirits are around me that I feel right now, please show me something"...soon the window started making geometrical shapes inside it, and along the bottom, the equation or formula would appear below the shape. I'm horrible at math, but all this seemed to be spot on. The shapes would appear, then close up, and be replaced by another. It kept getting faster and faster with only maybe 2 seconds in between each shape...faster, faster, to where each shape was merely a second behind the previous one. I felt like I was going somewhere. After the mass of shapes stopped, one more shape appeared, and stayed. It was a circle, seemed about an inch thick, and was rotating counter clockwise. I looked into the circle and saw a desert that had spheres floating a foot or two above the ground casting a slight shadow to the right. As I peered into it, the room started getting sucked into the circle slowly, like a drain on a bathtub pulled. When the parts of the room closest to me finally started getting sucked in, I felt my spirit start to come out of my body to that place.

Right then, the alarm went off for us to go to school, and the vision ended abruptly. I was in shock, and couldn't wrap my head around what had just happened. We went to school, still tripping a little, and hadn't slept.

LSD was pretty plentiful back in 93-95, so we were tripping at least once a week, and it was taking a toll on my body. We tripped again that next weekend. We had a house full of about 8 of us all planning to trip together. I had an uneasy feeling soon as I took mine, but tried to ignore it.

Another friend who was saving his til his brother got there wanted to drive to a town 30 minutes away to get some weed to pacify him til he got to take his hit. I was the only one who knew where to get some, so he wanted me to go. I walked outside to his 1970's nova and thought "death car" and did t want to go, but I've always been a person of my word, so I didn't want to disappoint him.

As soon as we started down the road, my uneasy feeling turned into anxiety. I just didn't feel right both in my mind, and in my body. It felt like the left side of my body was growing numb. It was if I were split in half. I had an idea that from the constant acid trips with little time in between to recoup had taken it's toll on my body, and that I was maybe having a stroke.

I kept trying to ignore it, trying to find distraction (you know, that little buddy that helps us neglect the things we shouldn't) anything to take my mind off it, and nothing worked. Then I felt that same presence I felt the weekend before in the car. I felt them circling the car, as if they were back to claim their reward.

This freaked me out and I silently prayed, "God, please let me live, I won't trip acid ever again" all the while rationalizing "well, I can still smoke weed, that isn't as bad" then God answered me louder than I have ever heard him since and said

"WHY should I let YOU LIVE??? Why should I let you live, when all you have done is live for yourself?"

That voice was so strong, clear, and precise. I KNEW it was God. It startled me that he answered me so loud and clear, because I wasn't expecting an answer, just mercy to live.

Immediately I said, "take me to the hospital." my friend said "WHAT??? They are gonna take one look at you and know you are high, and they are gonna hound me with questions" I said "I don't care, take me to the hospital"

After a few attempts at changing my mind, telling me I was just tripping too hard, he reluctantly agreed.

We pulled into the hospital parking lot, and I got out, walked in to the admittance desk and said "my heart feels funny"

"what do you mean your heart feels funny?"

"I don't know, it just feels funny"

I looked her in the face, and her face started to melt. I quickly looked to the floor to change visual landscape, and it started to twist like a barber shop pole. Then I realized I didn't want to be in a hospital with people sticking needles in me, and said nevermind.

Are you sure??

Yeah, nevermind.

I walked back outside and got back into the car. We barely got down the drive to the highway when the feeling returned.

"take me back"

"WHAT???"

Haha, looking back, I can see how mad that would have made me. He took me back and I paced beside the car battling the choices before me. Do I get back in the car and feel that feeling, maybe die in a car wreck...or do I admit myself into this LOCAL hospital and risk being found out by my family that I freaked out on drugs. Then, logic tugged my shirt tail and offered "hey, if that woman thought you were on drugs and is now looking at you pace in this parking lot, she has probably called the cops"

I got back in the car and we started driving down the road. Same feeling returned, and this time, I gave up and prayed

"God, I give it all to you. Everything I am, my will, my life is yours"

Right then, that presence I felt back when I was 14 or so started at my feet, and filled me up to my head. That same peace, love, that same embrace revisited me, and I suddenly remembered that night in my room. My acid trip, along with that stroke/anxiety feeling left me instantly. I had my head buried in my hands and when I looked up I said, "God does exist Scotty" he just smiled and nodded.

I got back and told my other close friend "my war with God is over"

I soon met a girl in school who I started dating and going to church with. This church taught that God wanted a personal relationship deeper than any parent or lover could provide, and to stay in prayer and the word. I kept going consistently, and found a love like none other I've ever known

Cont...

Last edited:
Reactions: MastersPiece

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
Seated in Heavenly Places
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
wow! Just took time to read through this first part and it's really something!
can't wait to read the rest of it.
interview.gif

When I was 25 and messed up I vowed to the Lord that I would give Him my whole life to do whatever He pleased with if He would fix me (the Lord told me I will write a book about all this once I've come through victorious so I won't go into detail about it right now).. Anyway, He took my offer very very seriously.
It is His intent to bring each of His kids to the point where they surrender themselves fully & completely to Him
Great writing by the way, easy to get engrossed.
bless you brother

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
wow! Just took time to read through this first part and it's really something!
can't wait to read the rest of it.
When I was 25 and messed up I vowed to the Lord that I would give Him my whole life to do whatever He pleased with if He would fix me (the Lord told me I will write a book about all this once I've come through victorious so I won't go into detail about it right now).. Anyway, He took my offer very very seriously.
It is His intent to bring each of His kids to the point where they surrender themselves fully & completely to Him
Great writing by the way, easy to get engrossed.
bless you brother

Thanks much! Funny how God is gracious enough for us to "make deals" with him. We, being silly little humans, don't realize MANY of the "deals" we make with God are already his will lol

Upvote 0

kpfru2

Feb 16, 2013
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
wow thats cool. I remember my young age when I used to pray alot and have that feeling of love and peace. Also i started taking drugs, just like you, then it got to LSD and i took to much, at first it was good, i loved my brother because i could see him for who he was instead of all the barriers, but my friends started looking wierd like as though i didn't know them. i didn't understand ay. my brother that ive always hated, i felt a love for him, the barriers were broken. But i started to loop in my head and ended up spending a night in a padded cell naked, and then got admitted to hospital, and woke up at 9. I have returned to christianity but havn't really had any expirience or love from God like that again :( one night i opened my bible and i suddenly started to believe again but its been a rough ride, but i'll trust God's wisdom.

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kpfru2 said:
wow thats cool. I remember my young age when I used to pray alot and have that feeling of love and peace. Also i started taking drugs, just like you, then it got to LSD and i took to much, at first it was good, i loved my brother because i could see him for who he was instead of all the barriers, but my friends started looking wierd like as though i didn't know them. i didn't understand ay. my brother that ive always hated, i felt a love for him, the barriers were broken. But i started to loop in my head and ended up spending a night in a padded cell naked, and then got admitted to hospital, and woke up at 9. I have returned to christianity but havn't really had any expirience or love from God like that again :( one night i opened my bible and i suddenly started to believe again but its been a rough ride, but i'll trust God's wisdom.

Trust him! That same love will engulf you again. But like you've probably already learned from your trip, don't chase after it or it will "run"....just allow him access into every facet of your life and he will surprise you.

And on the transparent barriers/walls people put up...yeah, you can DEFINITELY see people and LOVE THEM for who they truly are

Reactions: MastersPiece
Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Coire said:
that was beautiful:) i hav experienced that joy and peace as well. i love feeling like that so much and i love the God who makes it possible. Praise God:clap:

Me too! The word says "in his presence is fullness of joy" because this is what we were created for...to walk in his presence before the fall. When we come face to face with him I believe part of us remembers him from before we were born. Our pure essence is eternal, and this essence is how "we move, live, and have our being"

God is good

All the time

And we just need to step into this reality :)

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Cont...

I grew close to the lord quick since I was exposed to the resources mentioned above. From my experiences with LSD, and my natural predisposition to imagination, I had no problem believing God at his word. Even the things that are ignored by some as having "ceased" or seeing things from a different angle. The verse that says "to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or imagine" was great news to me, because I can imagine MUCH. Sometimes I find myself having stared at the floor for a full thirty seconds during a movie that has just played in my head.

People underestimate and dismiss the power of our imagination in aiding us in believing God and reinforcing the desires he has put into our hearts...or negatively, to keep us trapped in our fallen condition by either living in the past, future, or envisioning ourselves being less than what he has made us to be. From "the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks", and "the power of life and death is in the tongue". It is FAR too easy to dismiss those foundational truths as "cool" or "nice" verses when there is so much more to them than even Paul knew.

Anyway, I digress...

I had to find a place to live since we couldn't afford the place we and my friend were staying in. I stayed with him and his parents until they wanted their normal life back and I had worn out my welcome, haha. Moving back home to disappointed parents that had given up on me and almost hated me from all the rebellion I put them through was out of the question. Looked like I was going to have to move into a party house that had a few guys from school living there. My new girlfriend's mother who had introduced me to the church I still attend 17 years later wasn't having that, knowing I would backslide. She let me move in with them despite traditional objection. She made the right choice, because now I was living with a Christian family and had access to church as much as I wanted. Some of you may disagree with her decision to let a girls boyfriend move in with her family, and I don't blame you...I see why...but I'm telling you I would have been dead by now if it weren't for her decision. I lived in a camper for the first year there, and then after gaining her and her husbands full trust, (seeing as I hadn't gotten their daughter pregnant) moved into the house.

Like I said before, I grew quickly in the Lord. I had faith that either was resident, dormant in my spirit from day one...or was dropped into me during my rebirth, I'm not sure which. Either way, I never had a problem believing God, no matter how "illogical" or "crazy" his ways seems to the natural mind. Remember, I had been places where logic and reason had flown south for the summer, so I was in familiar territory.

We eventually broke up after a few years, and I moved out. We remain good friends to this day, and I thank God that he put her in my life. I didn't know this, but her entire youth group had been praying for me prior to my salvation because I was well known in school as being a "dopehead" along with a few other of my friends. After being saved and coming to their church they each told me they had a burden for me, and kept me in prayer.

I remember my aunt that used to go to this same church. She always had wide bright eyes like she had just come out of her prayer closet. I remember her and a friend one day pulling into our driveway at my parents house while I was there alone. I looked out the window and saw them, wondering why they weren't coming to the door. They just stayed in the car. I was about 16 at the time. She told me years later that they were there praying for me for 30 minutes for me to come into the kingdom. I guess I'm sidetracked saying this because I want everyone taking the time to read this to know that prayer WORKS. I thank everyone who has ever uttered a word in prayer concerning me and my call. You are much more the warrior than me, to spend hours in prayer for someone who, on outward appearances seemed hopeless. Thank you, thank you, thank you

After moving out, I had this same friend I keep mentioning move in with me so I could afford the apartment. I ever so slowly let my church attendance decline until I was smoking weed again and ignoring those gentle tugs to come back home. Wasn't long until I was acting like I had never even known Jesus. Wow, the mystery of iniquity...

I was hopelessly backslidden, hands down, with no evidence of ever returning. But our loving father, UNlike us has love that is unconditional. Religion tells us it is conditional, but KNOWING him tells us that his love is for the real us, not our actions, and his highest priority is having us in his hands. THAT is why, as Christians, once having come into the light, we should let him use us in doing what he wants. And that is first and foremost to bring others on the path we were on to truth of his love.

There is a reason his grace is amazing. Check this out...

One Sunday, in the middle of all this running, I found myself in church. It was a big part of this destiny. On the way out, I noticed this flier announcing an evangelist that was to be there the following Sunday. It said "signs and wonders accompanying." I thought to myself, "I have to check this out" half doubting it would be anything more or different than what I had already experienced in God.

I was wrong.

I showed up the following Sunday morning for the first in a week of services. This guy had something. He spoke in simple knowing authority. He was funny, entertaining, kept interest, had a saving message...but there was something more to him that transcended his mere words. He had been somewhere I hadn't. While he was preaching to a packed house of 300, the Lord started talking to me. His presence surrounded me, but it wasn't the peaceful feeling I had before. This time it was conviction...and STRONG. he told me he wanted me up at that alter when the alter call was given. I said "ok, I'll do it, just leave me alone, I'll do it". He left me alone the rest of the message. I had already made up my mind, I was going up to that alter and he knew it.

The alter call was given, and guess what...out of a church house of 300, I was the only one at the alter though I knew personally of at least 3 others that needed to be up there with me, haha! But as soon as I forced myself to my feet to walk up there, HE took over and I floated up there it seemed and I didn't care to turn around and even FACE the crowd. Wow...still blows my mind. I hate public anything where I am the focus of attention. Funny he has called me to be an evangelist as well huh. He know that I can't do it. HE has to do it. That's why his power is made perfect in weakness. We have to depend on him doing it, and we can't possibly take credit. Also, someone like me who has been forgiven much, can love much. Why? Because I am not tempted in the least to judge someone because I most likely have done worse.

I stood there, by myself, as he asked me if I was there to get saved, or if i was backslidden. I told him which, and he told me to close my eyes, lift my hands, and pray a simple prayer asking forgiveness...

Sorry, my iPod died during this last night so I'll finish later. And sorry this is so long winded, lol

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The verse that says "to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or imagine" was great news to me, because I can imagine MUCH
This struck me TT. This is a blessing when the gift belongs to the Lord. Father desires His children to desire much from Him - and if we don't think BIG we will only get what we expect from Him. I too have the ability to 'think big' - it's not always so great in the real world because carnal things and people (yes even the people of God) can disappoint, but with God all things are possible. Keep your eyes on His BIGNESS and alllllll He can do for you... it is so much larger than life!
Glory to God, thank You Jesus for Your amazingness! Amen

Imagination is the gateway to the Spiritual realm... good or bad... so we must be careful to keep it under the blood of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hate public anything where I am the focus of attention. Funny he has called me to be an evangelist as well huh.
Oh wow... this is my calling also, but I haven't entered into it yet and don't have a clue how it will come to pass. I too hate being the center of attention & public speaking was never my forte (nervous as all heck).
Father is raising up many like MOSES right now.. this is what He has shown me. He has shown me I am a Joseph in the making (what happened to Joseph literally happened to me too..this is something I'm still in the midst of).. and will overcome all the persecution. We will be given the strength of Samson and the double anointing of Elisha to go out and turn the world upside down.
Be encouraged in your calling.. I don't know how He intends to get us to our destiny, but I am glad it's His responsibility and not ours! lol
Bless you mightily brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
This struck me TT. This is a blessing when the gift belongs to the Lord. Father desires His children to desire much from Him - and if we don't think BIG we will only get what we expect from Him. I too have the ability to 'think big' - it's not always so great in the real world because carnal things and people (yes even the people of God) can disappoint, but with God all things are possible. Keep your eyes on His BIGNESS and alllllll He can do for you... it is so much larger than life!
Glory to God, thank You Jesus for Your amazingness! Amen

Imagination is the gateway to the Spiritual realm... good or bad... so we must be careful to keep it under the blood of Jesus.

Agreed! And I will. Thanks for the blessings, but how are they used? Because it told me to use them wisely, lol

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
Oh wow... this is my calling also, but I haven't entered into it yet and don't have a clue how it will come to pass. I too hate being the center of attention & public speaking was never my forte (nervous as all heck).
Father is raising up many like MOSES right now.. this is what He has shown me. He has shown me I am a Joseph in the making (what happened to Joseph literally happened to me too..this is something I'm still in the midst of).. and will overcome all the persecution. We will be given the strength of Samson and the double anointing of Elisha to go out and turn the world upside down.
Be encouraged in your calling.. I don't know how He intends to get us to our destiny, but I am glad it's His responsibility and not ours! lol
Bless you mightily brother

True for sure. HE will have to do it because I can't...but I am willing to let go and that's what is needed

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Agreed! And I will. Thanks for the blessings, but how are they used? Because it told me to use them wisely, lol
roflol.. I just use them to bless other people whom may need a lift! That's pretty wise.. or you can just keep 'em to yourself until you have more and then bless people ... There's really only those 2 options! ha!
balloony.gif
EEK!

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
.... here is a tiny portion of what I've been thru, not ready to write a full testimony as it will literally take a book, plus I don't want to hijack your own testimony! lol. Look forward to hearing more about your journey...
http://www.christianforums.com/t7726642-2/#post62493791

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
.... here is a tiny portion of what I've been thru, not ready to write a full testimony as it will literally take a book, plus I don't want to hijack your own testimony! lol. Look forward to hearing more about your journey...
http://www.christianforums.com/t7726642-2/#post62493791

I had/have some walls as well for the same reasons. Learned how to build them before age 5. Then I got adopted by loving parents who didn't really ever get it back from me until I met God at age 19. I couldn't love, and even now it takes Jesus to give me compassion and empathy. Which is perfect I guess because I have to depend on him for it!

Thanks for sharing bro :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Cont...

Since I had my eyes closed, I didn't know he had stepped down from the pulpit and came to me. He put one hand on my chest and one hand on my back and said, "FIRE!"

The fire of God hit me in the top of my head and shot out the bottom of my feet. My spirit raised up inside me and took over and "I" went somewhere else, listening in. I started yelling in tongues so loud that people three rows back were holding their ears I hear. It was if my spirit took over and was saying something like "I will rise up! I will accomplish what I am here to do...I will fight with fire the powers of darkness". It was so unbelievably strong, his presence on me. I was staggering, but determined not to fall, to keep it going as long as possible. Then something strange happened...

The evangelist took my hands to help steady me. Eyes closed, the Lord sucked me down into something, another place....I can't explain it. I could still hear my voice thundering off in the distance, but he had me in some vacuum...and showed me a black veil. I couldn't see past it, pitch black. He said "this is a possible future" and then let me out.

I came back to where I was engulfed in God's holy fire, tongues, staggering for a few seconds...then he sucked me back in. Showed me another veil, said the same thing, then let me back out. Then again. 3 times he did this

After the third, the evangelist told me to open my eyes and look at my hands. I did, and they seemed to be glowing. He said, "look at these hands...these are miracle working hands Richard". Right then, God's presence changed "temperature" or attribute, and poured over me in peace and love, but still contained fire and resolve. Sorry, no words explain...these are feeble attempts.

I was the only one that day at that alter, but I got a portion of his presence strong enough for an alter FULL of people. That week of meetings I'll never forget.

Fast forward a year and a half later, and guess what. Backslidden again. I feel so ashamed admitting that. God gives me experiences people have BEGGED for and never received....I get them, and spit in his face. But that's what I did. I'm a slow learner, stubborn, or just stupid...maybe all, but I slowly let my communion with him wane, and when I do something, I go to extremes. Extreme highs and extreme lows.

Although I never really got back into LSD much after my teens even when backslidden, this day me and a friend (who attended church with me nonetheless) were tripping. During the high point of our trip, our conversation wound up on those meetings with that evangelist. We got on the subject of that morning service where the fire of God fell on me, recounting memorable elements of that service.

I started talking about my vision of the veils and we pondered together what those possible futures he showed me could have been. Then he said to me "remember what that guy said to you when you came out of that last hole?"
I said "no, what?"
He said "he said 'these are miracle working hands richard"

When my friend said that last sentence, the spirit of the Lord poured over me and I fell back against the back of the couch, dumbfounded. I couldn't believe I had completely forgotten such a pivotal detail in that experience. Then God showed me an image of one of the veils being ripped, letting me know that THIS MOMENT was one of those possible futures he had shown me. That I could possibly fall away yet again...

The spirit sobered me up instantly, and I spent the rest of the day in prayer and repentance. I was dating a girl at the time, and told her to come over so I could tell her everything. We talked for a couple hours and I told her my complete testimony that I've written here. She was dumbfounded as well, haha. I hadn't told her a word of it til that day.

God is so gracious and loving. He restored to me spiritually everything I had laid aside when I walked away from him. Like I picked up where I left off. Every revelation from his word, every truth he had told me, even the "level" I had been at was restored. He is so good. And "so good" is a horribly simple inadequate way to express him, but any further attempt at explaining him will only have me chasing my tail, searching for the most concise universal sentences when one only needs to experience Him to catch a glimpse of this essence.

I'm about done, bear with me?

About two weeks later this church friend mentioned earlier showed up at my apartment and said, "dude...I met a prophet. The real deal" I asked him a bunch of questions about the encounter, not really jumping headlong into the idea since the word tells us to test the spirits and I had met a few vague "prophets". He asked me to come that night to this church and play a song I had written with him. I said I would, and asked him what he had told the prophet about me he said, "nothing. Just that you are my friend, and you will be playing guitar tonight"

Long story short, I went, and during his sermon he pointed at me and said "um, the lord is telling me you recently broke up with your girlfriend so you could get closer to him without distraction....and he wants to let you know you made the right decision". My jaw dropped, and kept dropping as he spoke for about 4 minutes IN DETAIL about the past few months of my life, then, after establishing the fact he had "inside information", went on to confirming many of the things God had already spoke to my spirit. I sat under him for a couple years before moving to Iowa for 3 years, then moving back. I still visit his church from time to time , and thank God he put him in my life. You know, it's great when God drops something into your heart. A revelation from his word, direction for your life, words of encouragement...but it's even more beautiful when this same Jesus will use another person to remind you and make obvious the same things he has already spoken to you. 80% of a prophets job is to merely give confirmation. And it should always be tested by the spirit of God any word given to you.

I think one of the reasons God hid the miracle hands comment from me is that once we are given revelation, we are expected to walk in it, otherwise we store up wrath and judgement for ourselves. It was saving me from me in a sense.

Sorry if I have repeated myself here at this forum. It's hard to remember what I have told and what I haven't. I hope some of this testimony will help someone on a similar path. Just don't make the mistakes I have if you haven't already of backsliding numerous times. Jesus was telling the truth when he said the condition of the man is much worse afterward. But his grace is still sufficient. Very much so, or I wouldn't be typing these words.

Speaking of wrath and judgement, if you are reading these words, please mention me in prayer if he puts it on your heart. Pray his perfect will be done in my life. All these experiences I have had I am held responsible for. I know in MY power I can do nothing, but I CAN offer my life and will to him. Those things I DO control, so please pray I will continually realize the grace available to me, to step aside and let Him live through me.

Gods power is made perfect in weakness? That's good news, because I am weak. God uses broken and imperfect vessels? That's me.

The last thing I would feel equipped or choose to do, next to sky diving, is public speaking...so he has called me to preach. He knows I can't do it, and I will HAVE to have him do it for me. I have always had a lot of awesome stuff to say that he has given me (just watch one of my daydreams if you don't believe me) just never the courage to speak in front of crowds. Yup, HE will have to do it for me.

Thanks for listening to me spill my heart folks...

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How wonderful is our heavenly Papa!?
This is a powerful testimony and it is rank with God's grace & mercy
This scripture comes to mind for you:
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee." - Isaiah 60:2
And I just felt the anointing come on me - I know He is going to use you greatly in days ahead. Stay humble - this is the most important thing we must remember to do.. we must remain humble & often broken before Him

Oh... I meant to mention, whenever God shows you something happening 3 times it means it's a done deal and it's going to happen. It did happen - you fell away - but He's brought you back - His assurance of salvation and His amazing grace woke you up from that slumber. Glory to God
God bless you brother!
smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
How wonderful is our heavenly Papa!?
This is a powerful testimony and it is rank with God's grace & mercy
This scripture comes to mind for you:
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee." - Isaiah 60:2
And I just felt the anointing come on me - I know He is going to use you greatly in days ahead. Stay humble - this is the most important thing we must remember to do.. we must remain humble & often broken before Him

Oh... I meant to mention, whenever God shows you something happening 3 times it means it's a done deal and it's going to happen. It did happen - you fell away - but He's brought you back - His assurance of salvation and His amazing grace woke you up from that slumber. Glory to God
God bless you brother!

You have no idea how that verse spoke to me. He showed me what he wanted me to see in it.

And pray I do stay humble. Pride isn't really something I struggle with since I know I am the worse sinner of all, and everything I have that is good in me came from him. I have the resources there to stay humble no matter how far I get in God. Just pray I remember them when needed.

Thanks much for responding

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Glory to God and I am blessed to know He used the scripture
I admit I worry about pride rising up in me - He's shown me some of what I will be doing for Him in the future and I am scared I might be tempted in the pride area... I continually pray He keeps me from this form of sin.
Bless you - keep sharing!

Upvote 0

ThunderTongue

Jan 20, 2013
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MastersPiece said:
Glory to God and I am blessed to know He used the scripture
I admit I worry about pride rising up in me - He's shown me some of what I will be doing for Him in the future and I am scared I might be tempted in the pride area... I continually pray He keeps me from this form of sin.
Bless you - keep sharing!

I will keep you in prayer as well in this area. Mine may not be pride as temptation, but there are plenty others to choose from, lol

The spirit of the Lord is coming back to the church in stronger examples for a reason. The fields are ripe! We must get to work!

God bless

Upvote 0