Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although he died nearly 90 years ago, American humorist Will Rogers’ wisdom and advice remains timely. In our day and age, it seems that we deal with one crisis after another whether it be government debt, fentanyl, crime or other crises. One of Rogers’ quotes warrants attention today: “If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!” We are in dire need of this advice for an ever-deepening hole today.

Four years ago, I discussed concerns about the increasing legalization of recreational marijuana, and the variety of potential problems stemming from its decriminalization – including alterations in brain structure and function, addiction and educational impairment. It is quite apparent that these medical studies did not slow down the hole-digging. In 2019, 10 states and the District of Columbia legalized recreational marijuana. Today, that has increased to 23 states.

Information pointing out the profoundly negative effects of marijuana use continues to grow, in direct correlation with the severity of these effects. Over the past several years, many studies have reported information from thousands, and occasionally millions, of individuals regarding recreational marijuana use. The evidence of addiction-related problems and increased incidence of psychiatric disorders is more striking with each published report.

Continued below.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
All the people I know who smoke pot are obsessed with it. Can't wait to get their next 'bag'. Freak out when they don't have any. If that's not addiction, I don't know what is.

Upvote 0