• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Older SOSI Resources Thread--but still some REALLY good stuff!

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: New Creation
Upvote 0

julietheartist

Aug 31, 2005
Fort Myers, FL
Visit site
✟300.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: I just wanted to say 'hi' to everybody. I have literally not been on here in almost a year.....sorry. :sorry: Time flies! I was looking through my last threads & it was right after we lost our ministry website & I had to rebuild it. Then God had me create a myspace page...which He has used in a big way to connect with other sex industry workers for encouragement & mentoring...then we moved...steve left teen challenge to work for Apple, Inc. as a MacGenius....and in the past 8 months I feel like my husband & I have been on a fast forward slide with the ministry. There have been so many things happening! God has had us in the acceleration lane & the speed seems to increasing. We have found the KEY to be finding is making time daily to have intimacy with the Lover of our souls.

We're now doing outreaches monthly, getting ready to have another national training for strip club outreaches & sex industry ministry in November, have launched & started a teen awareness & prevention program, I been invited to numerous Christian televised programs.....actually have one to do tomorrow. We have strippers attending church with us regularly...even a club manager's pregnant live in gf! :thumbsup: For more on what we've been up to (2 see the recorded interviews with me sharing my testimony & the truths about the sex industry) & have planned see the ministry website NEWS & EVENTS page.

Appreciate all your prayers. We could not be doing what we are without the grace of Christ & your prayers. THANK YOU. Together we have made a difference.

I still have the CF SEX INDUSTRY FORUM link listed on the BFA LINKS & RESOURCES page & hope that people are coming to join this awesome community!

Drop me a line & let me know how you're all doing. I'll try to get back & check more often. I promise. Love & miss you.

In His love & service,
~Julie~

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I notice it's all girls in this thread so I'm sorry if its meant to be like that. I'm part of a World Vision inspired (several of the members are world vision volunteers) vision group aptly named "The group who do stuff".

I recently led a study on human trafficking and that led us to talk about the worth of the individual and it was decided we would try to minister to a local brothel.

What would be the best way to go about that?

Thanks

Clint

Upvote 0

julietheartist

Aug 31, 2005
Fort Myers, FL
Visit site
✟300.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

I notice it's all girls in this thread so I'm sorry if its meant to be like that. I'm part of a World Vision inspired (several of the members are world vision volunteers) vision group aptly named "The group who do stuff".

I recently led a study on human trafficking and that led us to talk about the worth of the individual and it was decided we would try to minister to a local brothel.

What would be the best way to go about that?

Thanks

Clint

Dear Clint,

The first advice I give anyone or any group wanting to minister in this type of area is pray, pray, pray, fast, pray, fast & pray some more. You want to be very SURE that God has called you to do this. He'll direct you where you to do & what to do.

Secondly, we NEVER allow men to minister to women. It's ALWAYS women to women & men to men. You have to understand that the women in the sex industry are a) Used to being used by men & are excellent hustlers of them b) They have not had healthy male relationships & are going to be easily 'swept off their feet' by 'nice Christian guys'.

This is dangerous in that their focus is & has been on men providing for them & they all dream about a guy rescuing them & taking them out of the industry. They will look to the man & not be able to recognize the reality of a Daddy God that wants an intimate relationship with them. The only One that can fill that void is Abba Father. It will be easier for them to recognize that through a godly relationship with another Christian woman versus a man. It will also protect men from becoming emotionally attached to these very wounded & needy women. My husband & I have counseled many men that have tried to directly minister to these women. There are common characteristics: 1) Are not submitted to spiritual authority & have a covering. They are normally 'lone rangers'. 2) Not any of them have been successful at getting a woman to leave the industry. 3)
They end up being very wounded because they are emotionally attached to the woman wanting to her 'hero'.

Jesus Christ ALONE needs to be her Hero & she will come to better understand that without the confusion involved from a man trying to minister to her.

Men can still be active in the ministry. This does not discount them. Intercession is HUGE is this type of ministry. It's what solidifies the foundation to it. My husband & another male accompany me & our outreach team ALWAYS. They do not enter the business establishments, but stay in the parking lot constantly interceding for us inside the businesses.

If you & your team are not filled with the Holy Spirit, then I highly recommend you be. Entering into this type of ministry should NEVER be taken lightly. You, your team, your families & all associated with the ministry WILL COME UP against spiritual warfare LIKE NEVER BEFORE. You have to make sure you & your team are ready, filled with the POWER of the Holy Ghost, remain holy/righteous & be alert to such.

ALWAYS have a prayer covering when going into the establishments & ALWAYS do cleansing prayers after you leave and/or interact with these individuals. Because of Christ in you, God has given you dominion & authority over all demonic spirits. Exercise that authority & break off anything that might try to attach itself to the team. You'll will need to exercise those spiritual muscles like never before, I assure you.

This is no ministry to take lightly to get involved with if you or anyone is struggling with any sin at all, especially sexual. Only over comers that have been clean for a long period of time should be allowed into the businesses or on the properties. This is for their own protection, as well as, the outreach team.

I've watched TOO MANY ministries, marriages & lives crash & burn in the last 5 years because they weren't ready spiritually, did not have the proper godly accountability or did not submit to it. Spiritual covering is necessary & absolutely needed. There can be NO OPEN DOORS for the enemy to have access. They have to be closed & remain closed.

You need to know that these women are very wounded individuals and they are masters at manipulation. The women ministering to them MUST be healed, mature Christian women that are confident in who they are in Christ. If they are wounded, they will end up getting even more wounded. Spirits of jealously, competitiveness, pride, self condemnation & religion are strongholds in this type of ministry. If anyone on your team has any issues in these areas, it will surface. Be prepared. You have to protect your team & make sure they are 'up for the task'. We recommend that they be in regular counseling for healing to make sure those doors are closed & any that will get opened are closed quickly. Like I said, it's spiritual warfare like you've never experienced.

That should get you started & certainly will give you some details of what to pray for, also what to pray for other ministries that are doing this.

We are having a 4 day XXX Ministry & Outreach Training/Conference November 15-18 here in Fort Myers, FL. We will be going over much more than I shared, doing actual outreaches to sex businesses & the conference will include a Healing Past Hurts & Emotions Conference as well to better prepare teams to be able to minister to these women & their families. We do not charge for the training or conference. Prayerfully consider having those that feel called to this type of minister to this attend the event. You can find out more on our ministry website: www.beautyfromashes.org

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions. God bless & I'll be praying for you.

In His lavish love & service,
Julie
Founder & CEO
Beauty From Ashes International

Upvote 0