• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Older SOSI Resources Thread--but still some REALLY good stuff!

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ladies and gentlemen, tonight I heard from an old friend from the industry who sent me a link to yet another sex-industry ministry!
It got me thinking that it would probably be a good idea to pool our resources; put up all the sex-industry ministry resources that we can find into one area that can be easily accessed by all who use this forum.

I also think that it's important that we network with these people so that God can use us all together to make bigger things happen. It's important for us all to know what is going on with each other news-wise in this ministry as well. I'm going to ask if we can make this a sticky thread that we can use over and over.

As far as I know, CF is still the only place with an open dialogue going for ex-sex industry workers, so let's bring them here if we can so we can all talk and get working together for the Lord!

So here's my first addition:

JC's Girls

http://www.jcsgirls.com/aboutus.html

Please add your own and any other that you can find!
Glory be to God!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What an awesome idea Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just checked out the JC's Girls website and it is fantastic...I never even knew it existed....and I live in So. CA!!! Great resource!!! Thank you....:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am going to add one that I know some of you already know about...but it is just so good it has to be posted here....

http://www.lightdancers.org/

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Our very own Julietheartist is the founder of Beauty From Ashes Ministry. She is constantly on the move helping women and men who used to be in the sex-industry, particularly stripping. Beauty From Ashes in engaged in reaching out to the lost to proclaim the good news!
The ministry is located in Florida.

http://www.beautyfromashes.org/

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"A Starting Place" is the name of the website headed up by our own tgirl, Tracy Coggin, a fighting warrior for Christ! The name of the ministry is appropriately named "Woman At The Well" ministries.

Tracy is also dedicated to helping women and men who have been in the sex industry as well as Sexual Addiction for women. She has discovered a 12 step program to help women in their recovery.

http://www.ex-dancers.com/

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tammy L. Dahl is the founder and director of Out of Exile Ministries. As a child, she was a victim of molestation, rape, and physical abuse. This led her to settling for both meaningless sexual relationships and emotionally abusive relationships in her teens and early twenties. Her need for validation and acceptance, coupled with a period of financial desperation, led her to work in the adult entertainment industry. Not shocked by her circumstances, not appalled by her actions, Jesus just wanted to show her the love for which she had longed her entire life.

On August 17th, 1994 Tammy accepted that love, which has since brought about miraculous change, growth, and blessings. Since then, Tammy has purposed in her heart to let people know the depths of God's grace and love. "My mistakes in life will never be a waste - they will always be a tool." In 1997, Tammy founded Out of Exile Ministries and has worked diligently to turn her vision of helping others see their incredible worth and value in Christ into a reality.

Tammy's ministry is also in Florida.

http://www.outofexile.org/abouttammy.htm

Just a post-script, Tammy has recently accepted the position of Vice President/Director for Lightdancers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bruised Reed Ministries in Lexington Kentucky at Southland Church.

http://www.southlandchristian.org/classes/womens/71/3186?PHPSESSID=6335b68d7f81a94807ccc4ae567a4e30

A group of women at Southland share a common desire: to minister to exotic dancers in Lexington. They have a simple strategy: take food and gifts to women in the adult entertainment industry. As Christmas approaches there are three ways that you can be part of this ministry and impact the lives of the women (and their families) who work at two Lexington clubs.

If you are interested in participating in this ministry or making a donation, please contact them.

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's another one- not brand new but close. Launched in April of this year, NEW DAWN NEW DAY!!

http://www.newdawnnewday.org/

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

New Dawn New Day is a Christian non-profit ministry dedicated to serving women who wish to leave the sex industry by providing a spiritual, emotional, educational and financial bridge to a new life. Our mission is to be an alternative for those seeking one, to be a new life, a new day.
New Dawn New Day has just acquired 13 acres to build a home for women!

Upvote 0

New Creation

Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
IN Spokane Washington:

http://www.ccvspokane.org

360-920-7759

Citizens For Community Values- Run by Kimberly Drake:

"It certainly didn't turn out to be the glitzy, glamorous world I had imagined it would be," said Kimberly Drake as she reflected on her life as a dancer at the Déjà vu strip club in Spokane, Washington. "Instead, I soon realized how dark and dirty and degrading it really was. And I desperately wanted out."

That was three years ago. Today, Drake is founding president and executive director of Spokane's Citizens for Community Values. CCV's purpose is to work with concerned citizens and community leaders in reducing sexual exploitation and violence in the Spokane area. Drake says her heart is also very much in helping the dancers who are displaced as a result of night club closures or legislative restrictions prompted by the work of CCV and other organizations.

So how did this young woman, who had been addicted to inappropriate contentography, alcohol and drugs, become transformed into a dynamo who works ceaselessly in her community to create public awareness of inappropriate contentography and the destruction it can cause?

Drake answers that question with a Scripture: "I (Jesus) have come as a light to shine in a dark world so that all who put their trust in Me will no longer walk in darkness" (John 12:46).

"God met me there in the darkness, and He did not condemn me; He loved me right where I was," shared Drake. "It was as though He removed scales from my eyes so I could take a long, hard look at my life. And I didn't like what I saw."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.