Oklahoma?

wow

King's Kid
Oct 27, 2003
Visit site
✟15,376.00
Faith
Christian
Tulsa here. At least for now. Was laid off along with about 30% of my co-workers in December 2002. Still jobless. And looking to relocate elsewhere. Williams, WorldCom, American Airlines and a host of other trickle down jobs have been lost. Oil and gas and aeronautics industries have relocated out of the area for the most part. This little berg is incapable of replacing most of the high quality jobs it lost anytime in the near future. Hopefully soon I can travel on.:wave:

Upvote 0

wow

King's Kid
Oct 27, 2003
Visit site
✟15,376.00
Faith
Christian
MusicMelOU said:
Williams messed a ton of people up when they went under. A friend of mine was funded for grad school by Williams here at OU, and when they went under he nearly lost his funding.
You're right about Williams. But it isn't just them. It is a culture of greed. A culture that says that we measure how well we are doing in mostly financial terms. Fancy house in a gated community with a fleet of SUV's is not necessarily an indication that one is doing well. After all one could be mortgaged out the wazoo or spiritually bankrupt or both and still have all these toys.

I've come to think of what has happened here in Oklahoma partly in spiritual terms. The original land rush boomer sooners (not the university) were basically a group of greedy cheaters and thieves who went and staked claims before they were legally permitted to do so - thus depriving others of an equal opportunity to make a claim. Never mind the issue of whether the land should have been taken from the native Americans. What goes around comes around and what we reap we sow. Just my theory. And please do not get me wrong - I don't hate Oklahoma and I know some very fine folks here.

I'm glad your friend was able to get his funding and stay in school.

Upvote 0

MusicMelOU

Feb 29, 2004
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟15,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, he was able to finish his Masters and is now far far away in Florida getting his PhD.

I always laugh when someone asks me what a "sooner" is (I got to OU). I try to skirt around the word "cheater", but it usually comes back to that anyway.

I am sorry to hear that you are between jobs right now, but i know that God will continue to provide for your needs regardless of your financial hardship :).

Upvote 0
O

okiemommy26

hEaRnOeViL said:
Am I the only one that Lives in Bartlesville,Oklahoma home of the retirementees....haha Bartlesville is a boring town, but not as boring as some. We have Tulsa to the south and Oklahoma City is like 2 and a half hours away ( or more ) depends on how fast you drive..hahaha .................. Lets get together and chat if ya live in Bville Oklahoma !!!

No you are not the only one that lives in Bartlesville lol. I live here too.

Upvote 0

MysticSmurf

MouseGurl
Apr 13, 2004
Oklahoma
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
hEaRnOeViL said:
hahaha who is he I might know hiM ???
I don't know if you will or not... but his name is Cody Lorenz. He is so cute! but the reason I doubted if you know him is cause he goes to a private school I think...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tahlequah here, Boomer Sooner!

My family moved to Sand Springs in 1985, when the football team was good. My senior year we actually made it to round 3 of the playoffs. Went to college at NSU and never left Tahlequah.

Upvote 0

MysticSmurf

MouseGurl
Apr 13, 2004
Oklahoma
✟7,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Woman of Faith said:
Tahlequah here, Boomer Sooner!

My family moved to Sand Springs in 1985, when the football team was good. My senior year we actually made it to round 3 of the playoffs. Went to college at NSU and never left Tahlequah.
We've been doing really good this year we won 4 games we had a chance to win against BA but didn't and we did pretty good against Jenks... we could've had a chance to make it to playoffs if Owasso hadn't have won... their last game I think was Owasso.. anyway I hope we do better next year.

Upvote 0