benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because it's unpopular to say so and deep down inside most people care too much about having approval from people.
Not where I'm from. People really do support the man and nobody cares what liberals have to say about it. Loud and proud they support him. It's not like these posters in here. Nothing like that. I have not heard anyone talk like these do. If anything, liberals are in the closet. I just fear he is a put on.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of which, don't you like how Obama makes sure he's protected while leaving the rest of the country sitting ducks for terrorist attacks and overall crime that comes from across the boarder illegally? Oh, let's do the count down before somebody comes in here to call me raciest. That's why Trumps gonna win, people are just tired of this ridiculous PC stupidness.

You mean how the Republican Convention is a no-gun zone? They get the protection of a no-gun zone while leaving the rest of country sitting ducks for mass shootings and overall crime? They get their no-gun zone while they push for every one being allowed to open/conceal without "infringement." There have been petitions to over turn the Secret Service on this one, and I say we should allow firearms at the Republican Convention. ;)

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And you base that on........
Can’t speak for Shelby but from what I have seen on social media and such... if you dare to say you support Trump people jump down your throat and accuse you of being a Nazi basically.

Not to mention the media in general portraying him as the evil sinister emperor wanna be.

And we ‘ain’t seen nuthin yet’. Just wait until after he gets the nomination and watch how the media demonizes this man. They will be coming at him with the full gauntlet of liberal ‘tolerance’. It’s gonna be nasty.

At least with Trump he’s willing to fight back with the same sort of nastiness.

It will be a political campaign bloodbath like none seen before.

BTW.... IMO, Trump is a far, FAR better choice than Hillary. She really is evil.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can’t speak for Shelby but from what I have seen on social media and such... if you dare to say you support Trump people jump down your throat and accuse you of being a Nazi basically.

Not to mention the media in general portraying him as the evil sinister emperor wanna be.

And we ‘ain’t seen nuthin yet’. Just wait until after he gets the nomination and watch how the media demonizes this man. They will be coming at him with the full gauntlet of liberal ‘tolerance’. It’s gonna be nasty.

At least with Trump he’s willing to fight back with the same sort of nastiness.

It will be a political campaign bloodbath like none seen before.

BTW.... IMO, Trump is a far, FAR better choice than Hillary. She really is evil.

Liberal 'tolerance?' Are you saying everyone should tolerate his misogyny? He went after Megyn Kelly, a conservative commentator, for crying out loud... We should tolerate him inciting his supporters to basically mug others of different races/ethnicities? Contrary to what Rush Limbaugh says, Trump "warning" about violence at the convention wasn't really a warning, it was a call to arms. That's how his supporters will take it, and he knows it. We should tolerate that? (No wonder the Secret Service made the convention a no-gun zone.) You want the media to give him a free pass at these antics?

"At least with Trump he's willing to fight back with the same sort of nastiness." You're proud of this? This is what you want in a President? Someone who's incredibly nasty (at least you admit that much) towards those non-Christian/male/white-skinned? You're right. This is a "political campaign bloodbath like none seen before."

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wishful thinking?
This is probably part of it. But when I tell people I am Trump's supporter the look at me like I have two heads. People assume yourre racist and hate women. I can see why people would about. I think there is a large silent majority..

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You think social media is an accurate indicator of our society in general? Yikes. People will jump down your throat about almost anything on the internet, esp someone as polarizing as him. It proves nothing other than that.

It's not exactly a secret that the media is mostly and viciously liberal, so that doesn't prove anything either. As for evil sinister emperor, I doubt that's far off the mark. An egomaniac nut farm at the least.

As opposed to all those civil presidential elections we've had in the past. ;)

She is. But the guy who openly calls Mexicans rapists and murderers and says he's all about waterboarding or worse (and on it goes)......he's a candidate for sainthood?

OK.....

This election scares me like no other.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is probably part of it. But when I tell people I am Trump's supporter the look at me like I have two heads. People assume yourre racist and hate women. I can see why people would about. I think there is a large silent majority..
I have heard many people say they support Trump. Much to my dismay. But I do not see them as racists or mysogynic. I can understand the mindset as to why they support him. I just don't agree with it. :p

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Liberal 'tolerance?' Are you saying everyone should tolerate his misogyny? He went after Megyn Kelly, a conservative commentator, for crying out loud...

Is your argument that anyone who gets into a conflict with a female journalist is a misogynist, or is there more to your argument?

We should tolerate him inciting his supporters to basically mug others of different races/ethnicities?

Cite or retract.

Contrary to what Rush Limbaugh says, Trump "warning" about violence at the convention wasn't really a warning, it was a call to arms. That's how his supporters will take it, and he knows it. We should tolerate that? (No wonder the Secret Service made the convention a no-gun zone.) You want the media to give him a free pass at these antics?

Have you ever spoken with a Trump supporter? Do you get your knowledge of "how his supporters will take" it from interactions with them, or by the imagined caricatures of them that reside in your head?

"At least with Trump he's willing to fight back with the same sort of nastiness." You're proud of this? This is what you want in a President?

After years of dealing with politicians who do nothing to support my interests, despite their claims, and who often support the interests of my enemies, I couldn't care less about a candidate having a poor "tone." If we were in a world where candidates always got along nicely and actually followed the will of the people, then maybe this would be the determining factor in who I support, but that is not the America we live in.

Someone who's incredibly nasty (at least you admit that much) towards those non-Christian/male/white-skinned?

Are you saying that Trump is nice towards white male Christians? For example, are you saying that he didn't use any of his nastiness against Jeb Bush?

If your argument is that he is generally nasty towards his opponents you would have ample evidence of it, but it makes your qualification of him being nasty towards "non-Christian/male/white-skinned" as rather bizarre. I have a hard time understanding why anyone who was not obsessed with racism, sexism and religious bigotry would phrase the issue in this way, if the point he was trying to make was that Trump was nasty generally.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But the guy who openly calls Mexicans rapists and murderers and says he's all about waterboarding or worse (and on it goes)......he's a candidate for sainthood?

Trump's support of torture is despicable and is a large part of why I can't vote for him (though I will note that his views are hardly isolated on the Republican side of the aisle).

However, I have never heard him call Mexicans rapists and murderers generally. I have, of course, heard him talk about rapists and murders who are Mexicans, and I have heard some say that some Mexican rapists and murders come to the States with the other illegal immigrants, but that is hardly a statement calling all Mexicans rapists and murderers.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Trump's support of torture is despicable and is a large part of why I can't vote for him (though I will note that his views are hardly isolated on the Republican side of the aisle).
after hearing about ISIS crucifying a Syrian Catholic priest on Good Friday for four days I have no problem using waterboarding as a way to find information about those responsible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
after hearing about ISIS crucifying a Syrian Catholic priest on Good Friday for four days I have no problem using waterboarding as a way to find information about those responsible
It has been determined that the crucifixion was a rumor. We do not know what Fr. Tom has and has not endured so far.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I appreciate what Trump has done to show the Republican Party how far they have strayed from American values. Without outside money, he has shown that the best representation the Koch Brothers can buy doesn't represent the people.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You mean how the Republican Convention is a no-gun zone? They get the protection of a no-gun zone while leaving the rest of country sitting ducks for mass shootings and overall crime? They get their no-gun zone while they push for every one being allowed to open/conceal without "infringement." There have been petitions to over turn the Secret Service on this one, and I say we should allow firearms at the Republican Convention. ;)
All these politicians are no good. They all make sure their tails are safe. That's why they have no problem letting in anybody and everybody. It's not their lives they are risking. It's YOUR life as well as mine they risk.

Upvote 0

Johnny Slick

Nov 9, 2018
Houston, TX
✟1,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
F
We are all Rupublicans. My daughter s ages 16 and 17 .. LOVED Ruubio. Hated my support of Trump. My husband would never commit to a candidate while espousing hating Trump. He now ad mits he loves Trump. How many people denied loving Trump because they don't want to admit it? I am gonna predict the majority of American voters.

Well, your support for Trump turned out to be support for America's number 1 president. Job well played!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
About the only "good" thing a parent can feel about Trump being president is being able to tell her children, "If Trump can win the presidency, you, too, could win the presidency."

As a matter of fact there is a bumper sticker I've seen in these parts that says, "2020: ANYONE but Trump."

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0