Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would these Dems. change their party affiliation to vote for a Republican candiate in Ohio?

Ohio is a purple state for one and a union state for another. I would say they've gotten tired of their dues going to people who lie to them and receiving nothing in return, so they crossed over and voted for Trump hoping he would get the economy going again.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My guess would be:

They felt the sting of their healthcare increasing 200%+ instead of decreasing as promised

They got tired of the open corruption of the party, particularly concerning shafting Bernie.

They didn’t want another four years of Obama’s like administration

They saw the need for a change.

That’s my guesses,
So they truly changed their party. They were not Dems.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or.....

They are free thinking individuals who saw the greed and corruption from their former party and decided it was time to leave.

That could be also.
The name of the thread is Dems. who voted for Trump.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So they truly changed their party. They were not Dems.

Did you watch the video. I’m not saying it. I am quoting the source. You would have to question the source to get specifics.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
i dunno...

Hillary?
That really is all the Right had going for them, isn't it?

Apparently it's the Left, not the Right, that had only Hillary going for them.

And Hillary may have been a factor in the Democrats mentioned, changing their Party affiliation from Democratic to Republican.

See post #6. I was responding to Hank's question.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feelings....starting a 2:52 ....reality

"well, not here, but I feel like..."

It appears what it was really about was immigration, they are blaming immigration for the loss of their jobs. Really? They must be confused because their community's jobs are Gone, they are not being filled by immigrates, legal or otherwise, in this country.
There has to be a scapegoat.

That's how Trump was elected.

People would rather blame someone else instead of taking responsibility for their own lives.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason con artists make money is that people can be easily deceived by telling them what they want to hear and finding some other to blame for their problems.

This thread is not about the Clinton's.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
LoAmmi said:
The reason con artists make money is that people can be easily deceived by telling them what they want to hear and finding some other to blame for their problems.
This thread is not about the Clinton's.

LOL!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ohio is a purple state for one and a union state for another. I would say they've gotten tired of their dues going to people who lie to them and receiving nothing in return, so they crossed over and voted for Trump hoping he would get the economy going again.
Remember who won the GOP Ohio primary and is a popular Governor.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These are voters in a very volatile economic region. I would guess Ohioans from many different walks of life where feeling kicked around and down and desperate for a change last year. That's not to say anything negative about them, it's just the facts of their region in the US at the time. I don't doubt their sincerity, I'm saying Trump took advantage of it for his support.

As a lifelong Ohioan, I can say much of what you're saying is spot-on.

...but just as much as many Ohioans were facing economic uncertainty, they were also being blasted 24/7 with misleading ad campaigns about every issue under the sun that was influencing their decision making quite a bit leading up to the elections.

I typically have a hard time finding a way to say this that doesn't come off as harsh, so I'll just say it straight up. Ohio has a lot of people who aren't very educated on politics and statistics. ...and that's not saying they're stupid, that's just saying they're desperately lacking in those areas. Part of that can be blamed on the education system...

...but part of that can also be blamed on the fact that churches (in Northeast and Central Ohio in particular) have oodles of funding and resources and have no qualms throwing money certain political endeavors (but in an indirect way so that they don't violate any rules of 501(c)(3). My parents' church (the one I was forced to go to), has a facility that had a price tag of $1.8 million to build, and it's not even in the top 3 in the area in terms of size or fanciness, and just their church alone spent 5-figures on local efforts (sending people door to door, buying some local advertising, sending out mailers, etc...) to indirectly sway people against voting for the democrats (without coming out and directly saying it which would violate some rules). In in very rural areas of the state, for example Wooster Ohio (which is about 45 minutes away from where I live...and that's about as much personal info as I'm going to reveal about myself) is in rural farm country (very small city center, and the rest is farms, very few developments), yet, here's what their 3 largest churches look like.

upload_2018-1-21_11-52-24.png

We're talking about a city of roughly 20,000 people total (spread over a large, mostly rural, area), with a median household income of ~$41k.

In order to build and keep up those 3 facilities, you need to be pretty persuasive and have a lot of influence in order to convince those residents to part with a fairly large percentage of their income. These ornate facilities are evidence of how much pull religion has in this part of the country, and just based on my own observation, they really cranked up the influence this last election cycle as opposed to the previous one. They didn't really do much during the previous two elections (which is likely why Obama carried Ohio both times), but they turned it up to 11 when they were looking to thwart Hillary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
These are voters in a very volatile economic region. I would guess Ohioans from many different walks of life where feeling kicked around and down and desperate for a change last year. That's not to say anything negative about them, it's just the facts of their region in the US at the time. I don't doubt their sincerity, I'm saying Trump took advantage of it for his support.
And how did Trump take advantage exactly? How was Trump any different that any other politician who tried to Garner support?

Obama did exactly that when he promised to fundamentally transform America. Did you say he took advantage of Americans?

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Ah, yes... The alternate reality where the fall of the US auto industry started with Obama. Yep... All Obama's fault. Nothing to do with the Japanese and Germans building better cars than Ford and GM for like the past 40 years or so. Definitely nothing to do with automation making a lot of these people's jobs obsolete.

I agree. Wasn't the auto industry falling during the Bush presidency? As much as I disliked Obamas policies America was in trouble before he took office. Quite frankly I blame both parties for troubles.

• Useful
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it's about the guy who setup Trump University, a place that was designed to remove money from people who bought into Trump's lies.

Oh, it not about the person who gained 145,000,000 from foreign countries including Russia

Or about the President who bold face lied to the public numerous times to get his healthcare fiasco passed

It’s not about those two?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's how Trump was elected.

People would rather blame someone else instead of taking responsibility for their own lives.
What happened to people in this community, and many others just like it, was not their fault.
Blaming other people who didn't take their jobs, is.

Upvote 0