• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Obsessing over finding a new job

EtainSkirata

Mar 9, 2020
Nowhere
✟46,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,
So, I'm looking for another job. I'm a receptionist at a specialty clinic, and it just doesn't pay enough to live on my own in the city I work in. I've been applying for government jobs out of state, and today one of my applications got referred to the next level to work in a military hospital (This means they might call me to schedule an interview... or they might not).
I was really excited about this. Basically, it would be what I'm doing now: I'd be the "lady at the front desk," more or less. Plus there's reimbursement for relocation, and the state itself seems cheaper to live in.
But (there's always a "but," isn't there??).
I thought, "the current place I work at is Catholic. They don't do abortions as a rule. But what about this military clinic??"
And so I googled it: the military won't do abortions unless the pregnancy is due to something bad (the I and R words).

So that's where I'm stuck. Obviously I'm not the doctor, I wouldn't be doing abortions. But what if I'm asked to schedule the patient to come back for the procedure? Or take the call where the patient calls and asks for a slot so she can get the procedure?

And we're not talking about an abortion clinic here. We're talking the equivalent to the local hospital, or even the local clinic where you take your kids for their runny nose and yearly checkups.

So... yeah.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They don't do abortions as a rule. But what about this military clinic??"

That means they will do abortions for certain reasons. May I suggest you check that out.
Also should you get an interview you could ask about how many abortions they do a month/year, or see if there web site has information on abortions.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,
So, I'm looking for another job. I'm a receptionist at a specialty clinic, and it just doesn't pay enough to live on my own in the city I work in. I've been applying for government jobs out of state, and today one of my applications got referred to the next level to work in a military hospital (This means they might call me to schedule an interview... or they might not).
I was really excited about this. Basically, it would be what I'm doing now: I'd be the "lady at the front desk," more or less. Plus there's reimbursement for relocation, and the state itself seems cheaper to live in.
But (there's always a "but," isn't there??).
I thought, "the current place I work at is Catholic. They don't do abortions as a rule. But what about this military clinic??"
And so I googled it: the military won't do abortions unless the pregnancy is due to something bad (the I and R words).

So that's where I'm stuck. Obviously I'm not the doctor, I wouldn't be doing abortions. But what if I'm asked to schedule the patient to come back for the procedure? Or take the call where the patient calls and asks for a slot so she can get the procedure?

And we're not talking about an abortion clinic here. We're talking the equivalent to the local hospital, or even the local clinic where you take your kids for their runny nose and yearly checkups.

So... yeah.
Hm. Sounds rather suspiciously obsessive. Of course, you can and should choose not to things against your REAL convictions, for your conscience's sake. But that refers to your real conscience, not OCD.

Have you made any headway in deciding what to do?

Upvote 0