disciple2011

Jun 5, 2011
✟16,489.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hostile Workplace | Washington Free Beacon

Sorry for the caps, but that's how the title is written.

And this is somehow different from the rest of the planet how?

You act as if Obama was to be different from all the other Plutocrats?

Anyone who believes that is naive.

But anyone who believes the US is a democracy is also naive.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'll start raising my eyebrows once they show me statistics that show the pay discrepancy adjusted for job level.
This!
If men are making more than women, in the same positions, experience, and qualification, they should be called on it big time. Wrong is wrong, but that article does not bring home the evidence goods.

Upvote 0

David Jerome

Feb 29, 2012
New York
✟993.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Who should be blamed? He is sort of in charge.....for now.
No one person should be blamed. Because we can just as easily ask why didn't Bush change this policy, since he had eight years to do so. We can do the same with Clinton, Bush Sr., Regan, etc. To start the blame with Obama is a pathetic grasping at straws.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
No one person should be blamed. Because we can just as easily ask why didn't Bush change this policy, since he had eight years to do so. We can do the same with Clinton, Bush Sr., Regan, etc. To start the blame with Obama is a pathetic grasping at straws.

So because others had failed to act on something, you shouldn't hold the current President accountable for also ignoring it?

Upvote 0

David Jerome

Feb 29, 2012
New York
✟993.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
So because others had failed to act on something, you shouldn't hold the current President accountable for also ignoring it?
Singling out one specific president responsible for something every other president in history hasn't acted on, is stupid. This is just a sad, disingenous attempt to scrap some complaint against the guy who's not in your party. If you were a cop, you'd probably single him out of a crowd and taser him for jay-walking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll start raising my eyebrows once they show me statistics that show the pay discrepancy adjusted for job level.
That's a fair expectation.

On the low end of the pay scale (low $40's) are positions like "Analyst," "Assistants," "Coordinators," and "Researchers." There's even a position called "Vetter" that pays $45k.

The positions increase from there.

In lieu of your skepticism, I wondered if the staff positions didn't include a heavier weighting of lower wage positions like secretaries, housekeepers, janitors, etc. - but they all appear to be professional positions ('cept maybe for the "Vetter" - not a clue what skills or education is required for that :) ).

I downloaded the report in Excel and analyzed those employees making $100,000 or more (figuring those salaries would best represent the article's main point, that Obama's staff is disproportionately staffed by men):

There are 21 employees in the highest pay grade - $172k
7 are women (33.3%), 14 are men (66.6%) - - 33% fewer women

There are 65 employees in the $130k - $163.5k pay grade
26 are women (40%), 39 are men (60%) - - 21% fewer women

There are 55 employees in the $100k - $129.7k pay grade
21 are women (38%), 34 are men (62%) - - 28% fewer women

All told, there are 141 employees making $100,000 or more
54 are women (38.3%), 87 are men (61.7%) - - 23.4% fewer women

There are an additional 310 employees making salaries from $41k to $99k, but I didn't bother with those since they are likely "less close" to Obama than those positions above - valid or not, it bears pointing out that the article's point is that overall, Obama's staff has 18% fewer women, however that number is actually skewed when you look at the upper third of his staff (pay-wise) has 23.4% fewer women at the top.

Bottom line, I think it's a valid criticism.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I can't recall Bush lashing out at Kerry for not doing that, whereas Obama apparently has lashed out at Romney.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Singling out one specific president responsible for something every other president in history hasn't acted on, is stupid. This is just a sad, disingenous attempt to scrap some complaint against the guy who's not in your party. If you were a cop, you'd probably single him out of a crowd and taser him for jay-walking.

Excuse me, are you implying it's race motivated? Can't be sure due to your post.

The only reason I posted it, is because of the hypocrisy of Obama due to his rhetoric about the "war on women."

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only reason I posted it, is because of the hypocrisy of Obama due to his rhetoric about the "war on women."
I don't see him trying to limit women's reproductive rights, on the contrary.

This is more problematical:
But the president has demonstrated a strong preference for all-male foursomes in his frequent golf outings, a bias that extends well beyond the putting green and into the Oval Office.

“Women are Obama’s base, and they don’t seem to have enough people who look like the base inside of their own inner circle,” former Clinton press secretary Dee Dee Myers told the New York Times.

In a 2011 article titled “The White House Boys’ Club: President Obama Has a Woman Problem,” TIME magazine’s Amy Sullivan detailed the president’s fondness for male-dominated environments.
So, here's the dilemma - do we support a candidate that promotes women's rights but is not entirely egalitarian in his personal dealings or do we favor a man whose party is in favor of restricting women's rights but whose personal staff dealings are unknown for the time being? As has been repeated many times here lately, no candidate is perfect.

Upvote 0

Mikey123

NXT
Feb 9, 2012
✟657.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But he was the hopey-changey guy.

Upvote 0