the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I do not codinsate Wekipedia as a cource for anythin. It may be an good playce to strate. But it is just an opoin of fact not an monument of cemanted thurtheriziaisms.
I'm well aware that Wikipedia is not a source for studies or research, but the footnotes, if you bother to look at them, are considerable, and Wikipedia is accepted on this forum as, to my knowledge anyway, none of us are turning in our posts for grading at a college campus.

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm well aware that Wikipedia is not a source for studies or research, but the footnotes, if you bother to look at them, are considerable, and Wikipedia is accepted on this forum as, to my knowledge anyway, none of us are turning in our posts for grading at a college campus.

Nor is it a spelling bee!

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

Speculation is all you can get about his life. You get bits and pieces but no real facts that tie them all together. More importantly what he believes and how he came to those conclusions. I know when he worked for a private company he felt he was behind enemy lines. I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines.

When did he say that working at a soup kitchen was like working behind enemy lines?

What about the fact no one really remembers him from Columbia? What I have read is there is one Professor and that is it. Weird. You would think a bright young articulate black man would leave a lasting impression on classmates.

If that's what you believe, then you haven't done so much as a google search to learn about this issue. Rather than spouting this repeatedly-debunked nonsense, take 30 seconds to verify what you're saying.

Let me google that for you

What about the lawyers keeping his grades and course work hidden.

What lawyers? That information is confidential.

Bushes grades were leaked to the press. Nonesuch for Obama.

That's not some secret agenda. That means someone at Yale did something they weren't supposed to. I'd get fired for that.

Had the press got all up in his records like the did with Palin we would not be having this conversation.

What do we know about Palin's time in college except that she bounced around between several different lower-tier schools?

Even if you think he did poorly at Occidental, he still got into Havard Law schools, became president of the Harvard Law Review, and graduated magna cum laude.

Really if you would be honest there has been no examination of Obama like other past Presidents.

Your ignorance of the examination he's received does not mean that it hasn't been comparable. In fact, for all of the scrutiny you guys have been trying to place on him for the last 5 years, you've found nothing. You have an entire media network devoted to tearing him down, and you're still empty handed. If there's really as much incriminating info out there as you claim, why hasn't your side been able to produce it yet? Are you guys really that ineffective?

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The OP sounds a lot like

OBAMA BORN IN KENYA!!!
Says some random radio personality somewhere

I'll counter with:

BOENER KILLS KITTENS IN SATANIC RITUALS
would probably be a bogus fake news headline

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When did he say that working at a soup kitchen was like working behind enemy lines?

If that's what you believe, then you haven't done so much as a google search to learn about this issue. Rather than spouting this repeatedly-debunked nonsense, take 30 seconds to verify what you're saying.

That's not some secret agenda. That means someone at Yale did something they weren't supposed to. I'd get fired for that.

What do we know about Palin's time in college except that she bounced around between several different lower-tier schools?

Even if you think he did poorly at Occidental, he still got into Havard Law schools, became president of the Harvard Law Review, and graduated magna cum laude.

Your ignorance of the examination he's received does not mean that it hasn't been comparable. In fact, for all of the scrutiny you guys have been trying to place on him for the last 5 years, you've found nothing. You have an entire media network devoted to tearing him down, and you're still empty handed. If there's really as much incriminating info out there as you claim, why hasn't your side been able to produce it yet? Are you guys really that ineffective?
People really think that if there were anything significant in Obama's past to find, some poorly paid records clerk wouldn't have sold it to Trump or Fox by now?

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

He did not, nor do I contend he did. Re-read the sentence.

All of which amount to puff pieces on how he rose form poverty and overcome racism to become the leader of the powerful country on earth. No real critiquing of his beliefs or how he came to some of the conclusions he has. No, I will not be satisfied until all politicians are drug over the coals. Everything they thought, did, or considered should be public knowledge. If the want to run my life I want to know precisely how the have conducted theirs.

It should not be. Again, politicians want to run my life. Make them prove they are the superhuman beings they are made out to be, well at least some of them are made out to be superhuman.

As it turned out it was a graduate student that did the leaking. That was after Bush released some of the records on his own. Very convenient that a grad student could take the fall.

How dare someone from the lower tier presume to run as a vice presidential running mate.

So did a lot of the smartest suits in the room and look where we are.

Your blindness to the puff pieces that pass as an examination does not mean he received the vetting that others do. Libertarian and Republican candidates receive more scrutiny over what they had for breakfast than Obama received over his entire life's body of work.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
No I want the security services to do the background check.
For high ranking politicians the security report will say whatever it needs to say, however inaccurate that might be. We've had at least two presidents recently who wouldn't pass a typical background investigation for a security clearance, yet they were given the keys to the Oval Office. ^_^
IDC about the press.
I understood that clearly.
You know exactly what I mean ...
Perhaps not if you meant something other than what you stated.
... so that is just a misrepresentation...
ROTFL ... I was supposed to understand something other than what you stated and because of that I am guilty of misrepresentation?

No.

But since you raised the subject, let's explore the mind's workings just a little more. My guess is that you simply had a Freudian slip. It happens sometimes when least expected. I'm still not clear what you really think you meant, btw.
... but what else is new?

:doh:
LOL ... there's no need to get all upset when anyone questions the background of the current occupant of the White House, Hetta.

Any day now, I'm sure that Politifact and Snopes will weigh in with compelling evidence to refute the latest speculation. :wave:

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

I reread it a few times. You said, "I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines."

Did you mean to type something else? Because I honestly have no idea how a soup kitchen came into play.

All of which amount to puff pieces on how he rose form poverty and overcome racism to become the leader of the powerful country on earth. No real critiquing of his beliefs or how he came to some of the conclusions he has.

If you want to start a thread critiquing his philosophies, have at it. But that's not what you said. You said, "What about the fact no one really remembers him from Columbia? What I have read is there is one Professor and that is it. Weird. You would think a bright young articulate black man would leave a lasting impression on classmates."

What you claimed is false and is easily shown to be false by the most basic of google searches.

I'll even do you one better and post a couple links that result from the search I suggested earlier:

snopes.com: Barack Obama at Columbia
Obama at Columbia University

No, I will not be satisfied until all politicians are drug over the coals. Everything they thought, did, or considered should be public knowledge. If the want to run my life I want to know precisely how the have conducted theirs.

As it turned out it was a graduate student that did the leaking. That was after Bush released some of the records on his own. Very convenient that a grad student could take the fall.

Whomever leaked it should have faced discipline.

How dare someone from the lower tier presume to run as a vice presidential running mate.

I didn't claim that she should be ineligible because of this.

But, if we're going to talk about Obama's allegedly poor grades, and compare his treatment to that of Palin's, it's only fair to mention the sorts of schools that Palin attended (for however briefly in some cases).

But my point was that I haven't seen much of anything about her school years aside from the names of the schools she attended.

So did a lot of the smartest suits in the room and look where we are.

Try to stay on topic here, please. The subject is his allegedly poor grades, not whether or not graduating near the top of your class from a prestigious university is actually relevant.

If you want to argue that it doesn't matter, fine, but then you'd be arguing that the entire premise of this thread is pointless.

Your blindness to the puff pieces that pass as an examination does not mean he received the vetting that others do. Libertarian and Republican candidates receive more scrutiny over what they had for breakfast than Obama received over his entire life's body of work.

Your inability to deal with proven wrong has been noted. Rather than just saying, "oops, you're right, I was wrong," you change the subject.

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I reread it a few times. You said, "I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines."

Did you mean to type something else? Because I honestly have no idea how a soup kitchen came into play.

Then you are lacking in reading skills and that is that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

HorsieJuice

Oh really?

Here's more of your statement: " I know when he worked for a private company he felt he was behind enemy lines. I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines."

First off, you wrote "fell," when I'm pretty sure you meant "feel."

Second, you're making an obvious tie between "private company" in the first sentence and "soup kitchen" in the second. What that tie is, or what point you're trying to make, I'm not sure, because the private company he worked for when he had his "behind enemy lines" feeling was most certainly not a soup kitchen.

Prior to that, "soup kitchen" had not been mentioned in this thread. Perhaps you could explain your point in greater detail so as to clear up my reading comprehension problems.

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your inability to deal with proven wrong has been noted. Rather than just saying, "oops, you're right, I was wrong," you change the subject.

My point is and still remains Obama did not, has not, and will not ever be questioned in the manner that republicans have been and will continue to be. There is a bias in the way things are reported. And that bias is in the favor of liberals and progressives. Which is in the vain of the original post.

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Oh really?

Here's more of your statement: " I know when he worked for a private company he felt he was behind enemy lines. I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines."

First off, you wrote "fell," when I'm pretty sure you meant "feel."

Second, you're making an obvious tie between "private company" in the first sentence and "soup kitchen" in the second. What that tie is, or what point you're trying to make, I'm not sure, because the private company he worked for when he had his "behind enemy lines" feeling was most certainly not a soup kitchen.

Prior to that, "soup kitchen" had not been mentioned in this thread. Perhaps you could explain your point in greater detail so as to clear up my reading comprehension problems.

Great I typed in fell meaning feel and you figured that out. We are not writing papers to be turned in as stated by the above post.

How in the wide world of sports can you not figure out what I am saying.

Let me simplify it for you. Obama, that guy on TV saying Republicans are evil and want children to die, the guy who just loves ever fiber of your being, wrote in his book "when I worked for a private company I (meaning the great himself, the one, his eminace) felt I was working behind enemy lines. I said (meaning me, romanov, the guy typing) would not vote for a guy who said "I felt I was working behind enemy lines when I volunteered at the local soup kitchen." It is a juxtaposition, Obama feels the private sector is his enemy. The fictional (that means made up, kinda like in movies about an alternate reality were Hilter died in a theater,) candidate who said people in soup kitchens are his enemy I (that is me again) would not vote for him. There is no candidate I (me again) know of who has said some segment of America is his enemy and got elected to president in the last half century.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know when he worked for a private company he felt he was behind enemy lines. I would not fell comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines.

If he needs reading lessons, I guess I do too. Perhaps you should restate exactly what you were trying to say in that first post, because I'm not seeing any reading of this conversation other than "Oops! I said something crazy wrong and now I think I have to try and pretend I didn't say it!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then what has Fox News been doing for the last 5+ years?

So Fox news has been doing their job and that gives a pass to NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, CNN Headline, MSNBC, NewYork Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Atlanta Journal, LA Times, well the papers of every major city in the US, ABC radio, NBC radio, CBS radio and any other news outlet. That a lot of work for one network.

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know when he worked for a private company he felt he was behind enemy lines. I would not feel comforted by a president who felt working at a soup kitchen is behind enemy lines.

Fixed the misspelled word.

jux·ta·po·si·tion
ˌjəkstəpəˈziSHən/
noun
noun: juxtaposition; plural noun: juxtapositions
the fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

There is no candidate I (me again) know of who has said some segment of America is his enemy and got elected to president in the last half century.

That was not clear at all from your original post, but thank you for explaining.

But if that's what you took away from what he was saying in his book, you sorely misunderstood it. He wasn't actually calling private enterprise "the enemy."

Upvote 0

romanov

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2006
Alaska
✟19,426.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That was not clear at all from your original post, but thank you for explaining.

But if that's what you took away from what he was saying in his book, you sorely misunderstood it. He wasn't actually calling private enterprise "the enemy."

I am sure that is not what he was saying. Sarcasm slathered on like melted butter.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

My point is and still remains Obama did not, has not, and will not ever be questioned in the manner that republicans have been and will continue to be.

And your point is wrong. Between allegations of being Muslim, being born in Kenya, being a communist, being a socialist, being anti-Christian, being anti-American, hating white people, faking records to get into Columbia, I honestly don't know what else you expect people to say at this point. What other lie do you want "media sources" like the Blaze to say next until you are satisfied?

The claim that somehow Obama hasn't received scrutiny is a claim that was not only shot dead before getting out the starting gate, it was shot dead with a railgun.

People were already suggesting Obama was the antichrist a several years back. Can't get much more scrutiny than that.

Upvote 0