Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do not find this funny at all,

Said I.

I do not find this funny at all.

----
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

From The Times

July 25, 2008

He ventured forth to bring light to the world

The anointed one's pilgrimage to the Holy Land is a miracle in action - and a blessing to all his faithful followers

Gerard Baker

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

<snip>

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. I don't mind humor, but humor that is blasphemous isn't funny at all. It offends and saddens me.

Really, WHY is Obama being touted as wonderful? What has he done? He's spent his entire FIRST term as a Senator campaigning for President and he's not done the job that he has already been elected to do. One need only look at his voting record in the Senate to see this. He is constantly talking about the need for change, and then one never hears anything specific. Change to what exactly? I'd like some clarification. He refuses to campaign in parts of his own state, as well as my state, because he is of the opinion that we don't matter. Yet, YET, it is imperative that he goes on a world tour to convince THEM? Is that right? Well, I'll tell everyone here one thing, it is certainly imperative for me to NOT vote for him.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rush Limbaugh on his radio show has been calling Obama the Messiah as satire for a couple months now because his followers often treat him as if he can walk on water. That is why Rush says that. I actually thought the headline he had on his website a few days ago was hilarious, but I guess I have a strange sense of humor compared to you all. It had to do with the press conference Obama did in Germany, and how he "Um'd," and "Uh'd," his way through. There was the press fawning on him there, but then Rush found one renegade reporter at the Washington Post that had some negative things to say with regards to Obama's answers to the troop surge in Iraq. Here's what the headlines said:

The Messiah lectures his ABC disciples; Judas appears at the Washington Post.

And the other was:

The Messi UH Press Conference...

and followed with Obama going "uh, uh, uh," through it. Of course, Rush is all about political comedy, and I was laughing out loud in the car while hearing this.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was pretty funny. I guess that sort of thing suites my sense of humor:)

Seashale, they are making fun on him, not saying he is wonderful...

That's what I get for not actually reading the article. I just wanted an excuse to rant. ;)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single