dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I want to ask do street numbers, calendar dates, grocery bills etc. have anything to do with the number of the beast. ie. should we be concerned about who lives in house number 666, or if a grocery bill adds up to £6.66 etc. I'll admit here that on a few occasions my shopping has come to £6.66 !!! I have to be careful not to let it bother me, or I might end up in an mental hospital.

I figure there must a be a at least a few long streets in the world that have a number 666, and on average given the number of transactions taking place around the world each day there must be a few bills coming to 666 in some denomination of that.

Anyone else ever had a bill come to £6.66?

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to ask do street numbers, calendar dates, grocery bills etc. have anything to do with the number of the beast. ie. should we be concerned about who lives in house number 666, or if a grocery bill adds up to £6.66 etc. I'll admit here that on a few occasions my shopping has come to £6.66 !!! I have to be careful not to let it bother me, or I might end up in an mental hospital.

I figure there must a be a at least a few long streets in the world that have a number 666, and on average given the number of transactions taking place around the world each day there must be a few bills coming to 666 in some denomination of that.

It will be the number of his name. Everything else is just a number. I had to read off my insurance card number the other day and I noticed it had a 666 in it. It did feel kind of weird reading it out loud though.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
666 is the number of man. You receive it when you submit to sinful laws instead of God's law. For example; Obama passed SSM laws that put Christian businesses out of business. They did not receive the Mark. All who embraced him received it. It's a symbol, not a literal number.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Sure, it's not unusual. It is also of no significance. Good on you for ignoring it. I have to admit that I also have to consciously reject any sense of being bothered by the number.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The best one I have seen is the bar code scanned at the supermarket; every barcode has the number 666; the barcode is in four parts, separated by three 6s.

But if I were to speculate I would look in the Bible for the answer.

Matthew 24:24 (NKJV)
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

The way I understand this is Jesus would not have warned the very elect unless it was going to happen.

Revelation 22:18-19 (NKJV)
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

The way I understand this is there would be adding and subtracting.

Revelation 13:18 (NKJV)
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

If this verse was changed it may have read; "for it is the number of men: their number is 666."

Because I believe in types and anti-types; repeating patterns; the meaning of 666 will be found earlier in scripture. 666 appears twice, one in relation to Solomon's Gold; and once as the number of sons of Adonikam. The one most likely is Adonikam and the number of sons.

Adonikam means " the Lord has risen"; Adonikam and his sons were among those who returned from the captivity; I do not know what part he played in rebuilding, but as an anti-type, Adonikam may represent a false Christ and his sons false prophets. Now this is a bit wild but is better than what we usually hear.

• Informative
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

666 , so far , appears over 30 times just in this post.
Fear is the work of the adversary. Blessings.

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
666 , so far , appears over 30 times just in this post.
Fear is the work of the adversary. Blessings.

In this entire thread, not in one post. Thats because I started a discussion on it. If there is a discussion on it, it hardly means those discussing it are the anti-christ, anymore than the writer of revelation. My question was about it coming up unexpectedly in grocery bills etc., not in deliberate discussions of the subject, so I don't see how this thread compares?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Actually, I did have a bill once that came to $6.66 and I nearly choked to death over it. Fortunately, due to an anonymous helping hand, I lived to tell about it.

:dontcare:... of course, the fact that I was in Las Vegas when it happened should have told me something right then and there, but some lessons take more time to learn I guess.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:dontcare:... of course, the fact that I was in Las Vegas when it happened should have told me something right then and there, but some lessons take more time to learn I guess.
full
(FYI, if you add up all the numbers on a roulette wheel, they equal 666...! ;))

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
full

Oh, Ouch! It seems, then, there were clues all around me in Las Vegas that I apparently just wasn't seeing. Dang! ^_^

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
full

Actually I was skeptical when I read this and did add them up to see, and you are right they do. But is this coincidental, or does it mean these things are part of the Beast system, or is it something leading up to the beast-system?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually I was skeptical when I read this and did add them up to see, and you are right they do. But is this coincidental, or does it mean these things are part of the Beast system, or is something leading up to the beast-system?

Personally, I think the "Beast System" has been around for well over 2,000 years, minus a few international innovations within it that have manifested over the past few hundred years. But as to the specifics of it all I won't say since all I can say is ..............."what do I know?"

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually I was skeptical when I read this and did add them up to see, and you are right they do. But is this coincidental, or does it mean these things are part of the Beast system, or is something leading up to the beast-system?
It was given tongue-in-cheek.

Whenever you add consecutive numbers like that,

1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n = n(n + 1)/2

In this case, n = 36
  • (36 x 37)/2 =
  • 18 x 37 =
full

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
666 is the number of man. You receive it when you submit to sinful laws instead of God's law. For example; Obama passed SSM laws that put Christian businesses out of business. They did not receive the Mark. All who embraced him received it. It's a symbol, not a literal number.
SSM laws? I'm assuming you mean same sex marriage laws. How did such laws put Christians out of business?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums