Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh, and btw, just to get ahead of the curve here, if it's shown that a sealing this leak with a nuclear explosion was viable, yet not attempted, it won't only be BP facing the billion dollar lawsuits, it'll be the US government as well. Just wait. I'm sure there are lawyers already collecting clients. Buckle up US taxpayers, you're in for a heck of a ride.

Upvote 0

TheAnimal

Human Highlight Reel
Jun 30, 2010
✟15,214.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Oh, and btw, just to get ahead of the curve here, if it's shown that a sealing this leak with a nuclear explosion was viable, yet not attempted, it won't only be BP facing the billion dollar lawsuits, it'll be the US government as well. Just wait. I'm sure there are lawyers already collecting clients. Buckle up US taxpayers, you're in for a heck of a ride.

I think they'd struggle with that one Avatar, I can;t imagine there is too much precedent, and you'd have a difficult time proving that it wouldn't do more harm than good.

I've no doubt there will be lawsuits, and rightly so as the safety records of most oil companies, not just BP are shaky at best, but I;d be surprised if they were over this issue.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think they'd struggle with that one Avatar, I can;t imagine there is too much precedent, and you'd have a difficult time proving that it wouldn't do more harm than good.

I've no doubt there will be lawsuits, and rightly so as the safety records of most oil companies, not just BP are shaky at best, but I;d be surprised if they were over this issue.

You're not familiar with lawyers in America, are you? ;)

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Okay.

Use nukes to contain the oil spill

And this article is from May, if only this solution had been implemented then we [correction: you] wouldn't have the mess you do today.

Have I made a bigger fool of myself? :)

"The science is to drill a hole near the leak, set off the explosion and then seal off the leak-used in the soviet for an oil spill in the desert. If it is rocky surface the explosion would shift the rock which then squeezes the funnel of the well. The first underground nuclear explosion was done in Urt-Bulak in 1966 to control burning gas wells. The success ratio is quite high with only one of them failing to prevent a spill in Kharkov region in 1972."

Don't see a thing about any UNDERWATER wells/leaks!

Quite a different case, as this has never been done before so no one has a clue what would happen,reason enough to forget about it!

We all know how little every government cares about the safety of it's citizens,that's why one never,ever,ever believes the government when there is a news leak of a serious accident, at a nuclear plant,train derailment,whatever,and the first thing the government can be guaranteed to spout is that there is no danger,and the vast majority of the time it has turned out they were lying and they knew they were lying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

There is plenty of precident. All going against Avatar's idea. You can not sure the Government without permission. Government has no duty to actively protect you. (Very settled because of attemts to sure the police).

Even suites against BP will not be based on what they did not try, but on what damage occured.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is plenty of precident. All going against Avatar's idea. You can not sure the Government without permission. Government has no duty to actively protect you. (Very settled because of attemts to sure the police).

Even suites against BP will not be based on what they did not try, but on what damage occured.

Is that true? You can't sue the US government? Well, I'm not familiar with your system, my bad. I know my own government can be sued.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,856.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is that true? You can't sue the US government? Well, I'm not familiar with your system, my bad. I know my own government can be sued.

It is not completely the case, but in many situations you need permission to sue. I think thsi would be one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums