Now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face...

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟76,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge.

A wise man will hear (the Spirit of Truth) and will increase learning as he will be able to enter in to full understanding. He will take heed on how he hears and more shall be given.

He that has faith, to him shall be given the knowledge. He shall enter in to fully know.

To him who does not have faith in what he hears, from him shall be taken even that which he had. He will stay outside in his “parable” understanding of the Bible. The natural mind will continue to read the Scriptures literally.

Mar 4:23-25 KJV
(23) If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
(24) And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25) For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

The wise man will fear the LORD by the doing of His commandments even though what he hears will challenge what he previously thought was true. He will enter in to know the full knowledge of our Lord Jesus who comes to open up the Scriptures to our hearing ears.

Pro 1:5-7 KJV
(5) A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
(6) To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
(7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

For now we see through a glass/mirror “darkly”….that is, in an obscure saying/riddle/enigma (Greek: ainigma) .

1Co 13:12 KJV
(12) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

When we read the Bible, we know in part what it says but in other parts the sayings of the Bible are an enigma….obscure sayings….which is done away with by the coming of our Lord Jesus who interprets them in the Spirit of Truth.

The words of the wise and their “dark sayings” shall be understood in the interpretation of the Lord who does so at the appointed time.

We know in part what the Bible is saying and the other parts that we speak of (not truly knowing what it means) is to “prophesy in part” without the interpretation of it. We read/speak the words but do not know what they mean.

1Co 13:9 KJV
(9) For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

This “prophesying in part” is what is meant by “speaking with tongues”: We speak the obscure sayings of the Bible without their accompanied correct interpretation of them.

1Co 14:5 KJV
(5) I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

When we fully know the interpretation of the dark sayings of the Bible, then we are “prophesying”.

1Co 14:13 KJV
(13) Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

We now know in part and prophesy in part….as did Miriam and Aaron…who had a problem with Moses marrying a Cushite woman.

But this is deeper than then marrying a Cushite woman as the full context puts it into a different perspective.

Moses received (“married”) the obscure sayings (Cushite woman) in the revealed Truth of the Lord (rather than knowing in part and prophesying in part).

Moses fully knew the meanings of the “dark sayings” as he received/married them because the interpretation came from the LORD above.

Num 12:1-2 KJV
(1) And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
(2) And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

The Lord makes Himself known unto those who know in part and prophesy in part in a “vision”….a looking glass or MIRROR. He speaks to such in a “dream”. They speak in “tongues” when they read the verses of the Scriptures but they do not fully know what the obscure sayings of the Bible mean.

But not for Moses.

Moses spoke the REVEALED Word of Truth ….as the Lord spoke to him mouth to mouth plainly and not in “dark speeches”….not in obscure sayings…not in riddles….not in enigmas. Moses knew “face to face”. Moses was “complete”….face to face….mouth to mouth…in the LORD who spoke through him.

Num 12:6-8 KJV
(6) And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
(7) My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
(8) With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Our Lord Jesus comes to open up….interpret… the “dark sayings” of the saints of the Bible.

We shall know this is truly His Son speaking to us by the “day star”….the bright and morning star…that shall arise within our once-darkened hearts when we hear His true interpretation of the Scriptures (in contrast to the earthly understanding of the word of men who preach the Bible via their private interpretations).

2Pe 1:19-20 KJV
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

The parts that we do not know shall be explained to us so that we may know ALL of the sayings of the Bible. The complete comes when the Lord opens up the “dark sayings”….the enigmas….of the Bible.

That which is in part shall be done away as we grow in His knowledge. We are to “put away” the childish things that we once thought were true when we read the Bible.

1Co 13:10-11 KJV
(10) But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

(11) When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

We become “men” in understanding.

1Co 14:20-21 KJV

(20) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

But those who continue to act as “children” in their understanding will continue to be outside the true understanding of the Scriptures as they will not truly hear His interpretation of them. They will continue to read and understand their bibles in their “parable” form of understanding.

(21) In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

The parables of the Bible keep them out of the true understanding behind the parables (the dark sayings of the biblical saints).

Mat 13:9-16 KJV
(9) Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
(10) And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
(11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

(12) For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
(13) Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
(14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
(15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
(16) But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

This is the purpose of the “cherubim”….the parables…to keep man out of the understanding.

Gen 3:24
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

When the cherubim lift up their wings, it means the parables are being interpreted by the Spirit of God….as voice of the Almighty when He speaks to us. The Spirit gives them lift to fly so to speak.

Eze 10:5 KJV
(5) And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peace in Christ.

A wise man will hear (the Spirit of Truth) and will increase learning as he will be able to enter in to full understanding. He will take heed on how he hears and more shall be given.
He that has faith, to him shall be given the knowledge. He shall enter in to fully know.
To him who does not have faith in what he hears, from him shall be taken even that which he had. He will stay outside in his “parable” understanding of the Bible. The natural mind will continue to read the Scriptures literally.

(24) And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25) For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

The wise man will fear the LORD by the doing of His commandments even though what he hears will challenge what he previously thought was true. He will enter in to know the full knowledge of our Lord Jesus who comes to open up the Scriptures to our hearing ears.

(5) A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
(6) To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
(7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

For now we see through a glass/mirror “darkly”….that is, in an obscure saying/riddle/enigma (Greek: ainigma) .
1Co 13:12 KJV - (12) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
When we read the Bible, we know in part what it says but in other parts the sayings of the Bible are an enigma….obscure sayings….which is done away with by the coming of our Lord Jesus who interprets them in the Spirit of Truth.
The words of the wise and their “dark sayings” shall be understood in the interpretation of the Lord who does so at the appointed time.
Which interpretations will be in agreement with authoritative NT apostolic teaching, for the word of God does not contradict itself when understood in the context of all Scripture.
We know in part what the Bible is saying and the other parts that we speak of (not truly knowing what it means) is to “prophesy in part” without the interpretation of it. We read/speak the words but do not know what they mean.
This “prophesying in part” is what is meant by “speaking with tongues”: We speak the obscure sayings of the Bible without their accompanied correct interpretation of them.
(5) I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

When we fully know the interpretation of the dark sayings of the Bible, then we are “prophesying”.
Which knowledge will be in in agreement with authoritative NT apostolic teaching, or it is not from God because he does not contradict himself in his word.
(13) Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
We now know in part and prophesy in part….as did Miriam and Aaron…who had a problem with Moses marrying a Cushite woman.
But this is deeper than then marrying a Cushite woman as the full context puts it into a different perspective.
Moses received (“married”) the obscure sayings (Cushite woman) in the revealed Truth of the Lord (rather than knowing in part and prophesying in part).
Moses fully knew the meanings of the “dark sayings” as he received/married them because the interpretation came from the LORD above.

(1) And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
(2) And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

The Lord makes Himself known unto those who know in part and prophesy in part in a “vision”….a looking glass or MIRROR. He speaks to such in a “dream”. They speak in “tongues” when they read the verses of the Scriptures but they do not fully know what the obscure sayings of the Bible mean.

But not for Moses.

Moses spoke the REVEALED Word of Truth ….as the Lord spoke to him mouth to mouth plainly and not in “dark speeches”….not in obscure sayings…not in riddles….not in enigmas. Moses knew “face to face”. Moses was “complete”….face to face….mouth to mouth…in the LORD who spoke through him.
Num 12:6-8 KJV - (6) And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
(8) With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Our Lord Jesus comes to open up….interpret… the “dark sayings” of the saints of the Bible.
The "dark sayings" (Nu 12:8) refer to the prohphets of the OT, not to the teachings of the NT.
We shall know this is truly His Son speaking to us by the “day star”….the bright and morning star…that shall arise within our once-darkened hearts when we hear His true interpretation of the Scriptures (in contrast to the earthly understanding of the word of men who preach the Bible via their private interpretations).
The problem is: is it "the bright morning star arising within our once-darkened hearts," or is it the tickling of our human fancy?
(19) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

(20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
The parts that we do not know shall be explained to us so that we may know ALL of the sayings of the Bible. The complete comes when the Lord opens up the “dark sayings”….the enigmas….of the Bible.
That which is in part shall be done away as we grow in His knowledge. We are to “put away” the childish things that we once thought were true when we read the Bible.
The rule being our "knowing" must be in agreement with authoritative NT apostolic teaching.
(10) But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

(11) When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(20) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
But those who continue to act as “children” in their understanding will continue to be outside the true understanding of the Scriptures as they will not truly hear His interpretation of them. They will continue to read and understand their bibles in their “parable” form of understanding.
(21) In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
The parables of the Bible keep them out of the true understanding behind the parables (the dark sayings of the biblical saints).
"Dark sayings" (Nu 12:8) apply only to the OT prophets.
(10) And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
(11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

(12) For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
(13) Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
(14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
(15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
This is the purpose of the “cherubim”….the parables…to keep man out of the understanding.
The two angels are Justice and Righteousness, the foundation of God's throne; i.e., the cover of the Ark where God sits (Ps 89:24, Ps 97:22).

The parables are to keep the enemies of Christ out of understanding.
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

When the cherubim lift up their wings, it means the parables are being interpreted by the Spirit of God….as voice of the Almighty when He speaks to us. The Spirit gives them lift to fly so to speak.
(5) And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.
That is in reference to the nature of their noise/sound having the same quality as the sound of God when he speaks; i.e., like rushing waters (Eze 43:2, Rev 1:15).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

1Co 13:12 KJV
(12) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

But not for Moses.

Num 12:6-8 KJV
(6) And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

I initially thought you were defending Cessationism by the verses and points you were making, but then you switched gears.

Upvote 0