Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I'd like to talk about this clearly normal amount of human traffickers arrested recently that's in no way the result of this administration's failure to attempt to secure the border....

In all seriousness, if you're wondering who these people are, you're reading only left wing media sources...and they've been referring to these people as "sponsors" as if it's some mystery who would pay for women and children who they don't know to come live with them. Normally, this is the sort of thing the federal government law enforcement agencies would be doing...but they're busy chasing down those ever elusive white supremacists who are going to be a serious threat any day now.

If you're unfamiliar with how this travesty happened or just how large it is....there's a nice old whistleblower lady from HHS that testified before Congress about the fact that under Biden...we've been sending women and children to human traffickers with somewhere between little and no vetting whatsoever just to deal with the unsustainable number of illegals crossing the border.

Thoughts?

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

This program has been going on for years and in 2020 there was a similar number of victims rescued.

This story from 2020 has a larger number of arrested.

This one isn't a sting operation, but it speaks about how prevalent a problem human trafficking was in Polk County, and that was in 2019.
I'd like to talk about this clearly normal amount of human traffickers arrested recently that's in no way the result of this administration's failure to attempt to secure the border....
As you can see, while any amount of human trafficking is vile and unacceptable, these articles don't seem to show any significant difference from things under the last admin.
In all seriousness, if you're wondering who these people are, you're reading only left wing media sources...and they've been referring to these people as "sponsors" as if it's some mystery who would pay for women and children who they don't know to come live with them.
That's odd. I didn't see anything in the sources you cited claiming any of these people were sponsors. Do you have another source from that?
Normally, this is the sort of thing the federal government law enforcement agencies would be doing...but they're busy chasing down those ever elusive white supremacists who are going to be a serious threat any day now.
Operation Reclaim and Rebuild and Operation Buyer's Remorse both had federal participation. I'm not finding much about the Polk county case which seems to be only the local sheriff.
If you're unfamiliar with how this travesty happened or just how large it is....there's a nice old whistleblower lady from HHS that testified before Congress about the fact that under Biden...we've been sending women and children to human traffickers with somewhere between little and no vetting whatsoever just to deal with the unsustainable number of illegals crossing the border.

Thoughts?
I think there is a ton of speculation and not much evidence that human trafficking is appreciably worst under the Biden admin.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This program has been going on for years and in 2020 there was a similar number of victims rescued.

This one isn't a sting operation, but it speaks about how prevalent a problem human trafficking was in Polk County, and that was in 2019.

As you can see, while any amount of human trafficking is vile and unacceptable, these articles don't seem to show any significant difference from things under the last admin.

That's odd. I didn't see anything in the sources you cited claiming any of these people were sponsors. Do you have another source from that?

Operation Reclaim and Rebuild and Operation Buyer's Remorse both had federal participation. I'm not finding much about the Polk county case which seems to be only the local sheriff.

I think there is a ton of speculation and not much evidence that human trafficking is appreciably worst under the Biden admin.
If you were the President, or another very powerful person in America, what would you do to try to stop this horrible crimes of human trafficking?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What does the border have to do with prostitution in Ohio?
Specifically?

Here's some info...

Remember that guy?

"If that family hadn’t begged me to take this joint recommendation, this would never be happening,” Lynch said.

Does it seem odd that she would beg for her daughter's rapist to be given the chance of parole?

BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Every day 33 people become entrapped in sex trafficking rings in Guatemala, including a "shocking" proportion of children, some of them sold into the sex trade by their mothers, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said.

Asylum seekers.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Here....you trust WaPo.

Child labor violations in the United States soared in the 2022-2023 fiscal year, according to data released by the Labor Department on Thursday, rising to their highest level in nearly two decades.
The agency found 5,792 minors working in violation of child labor laws in the year ending Sept. 30, an 88 percent increase since 2019, the department announced Thursday.

Gee...I wonder what caused the increase?

Experts attribute surging child labor cases in the United States to a variety of factors. The historically tight labor market coming out of pandemic shutdowns has fueled labor shortages across a variety of industries, but especially in lower-paying service-sector jobs, pushing employers to hire more minors; searing inflation has also weighed heavily on households, spurring more young people to seek work. At the same time, hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied minors have arrived in the United States, often seeking work.

Great job Joe.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here....you trust WaPo.

Child labor violations in the United States soared in the 2022-2023 fiscal year, according to data released by the Labor Department on Thursday, rising to their highest level in nearly two decades.
The agency found 5,792 minors working in violation of child labor laws in the year ending Sept. 30, an 88 percent increase since 2019, the department announced Thursday.

Gee...I wonder what caused the increase?

Experts attribute surging child labor cases in the United States to a variety of factors. The historically tight labor market coming out of pandemic shutdowns has fueled labor shortages across a variety of industries, but especially in lower-paying service-sector jobs, pushing employers to hire more minors; searing inflation has also weighed heavily on households, spurring more young people to seek work. At the same time, hundreds of thousands of unaccompanied minors have arrived in the United States, often seeking work.

Great job Joe.
Excellent post and I completely agree.
I wonder how the liberals will spin those facts so that we can't blame Joe and the policies of the progressive liberals leadership in our nation?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Fair point. Since I cited Florida, here's their AG.

• During a 10-month period in 2021, ORR lost contact with nearly 20,000 UAC;· A report showed HHS and the U.S. Department of Justice received thousands of allegations of sexual abuse;· Testimony of UAC revealed that a minor was ‘pimped out’ by their ‘aunt’ (whom they did not know prior to arriving in the U.S.), some UAC ran away from sponsors for being sold for sex, and ORR placed a teenage girl in the house of unknown men with no private bedroom;
  • ORR discouraged close checking of addresses of sponsors and some sponsors utilized addresses in Jacksonville including a strip club, empty lots surrounded by stacked shipping containers or open fields;· During the Biden administration, case managers are only performing home studies in approximately 4.5% placements and discretionary home studies in less than one percent of cases.· One case manager reported having to release a teenage girl to a male sponsor with multiple other unknown males living in the same residence—all unidentified. The presentment stated this is not an isolated incident.· Criminal history, lack of citizen status and even total refusal to submit to a background check does not disqualify sponsors from receiving a UAC. One sponsor was given custody despite having been to Florida prison before for battery on a child;· A disturbing pattern emerged with sponsors applying to receive multiple UAC. One address in Texas showed 44 children sent to a single residence. One contractor testified that it placed 598 UAC with only 132 sponsors or each sponsor receiving 4.5 UAC
  • · In Florida, neither U.S. Department of Homeland Security or HHS actively coordinates or consults with the state on the UAC resettled in Florida. The state doesn’t receive meaningful notice when UAC are transported here. Florida receives no information on backgrounds, criminal history or immigration status of the UAC brought here, nor does the state have any assurance the UAC are in-fact minors; and· During a six-month period in 2021, more than 70 airplanes landed at Jacksonville International Airport, arriving in the middle of the night at the commercial terminal with UAC. One of these UAC was actually 24 years old and ended up brutally killing his sponsor. ORR now conceals small groups of UAC on regular commercial flights.

Now...what you'll say is something like "I don't trust Republicans or Floridians or that AG....or the people who testified.

And I'll point out that the Biden administration hasn't denied any of this. That way...it stays out of the news.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

If you pay close attention to the last post...you'll notice Biden spent plenty of time and taxpayer dollars putting children in the hands of pimps....in the dead of night....without any notice or care for their wellbeing.

Yet if Gov. Abbot sends a bus of migrants who want to go to Chicago to Chicago....he's some sort of villain or something, right? He's playing dirty politics? Would it be better if he did it in the dead of night?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So like the thread title says, you're claiming there's nothing unusual about this.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Specifically?

Here's some info...

Remember that guy?

"If that family hadn’t begged me to take this joint recommendation, this would never be happening,” Lynch said.
What a horrible case, compounded with horrible anti abortion legislation.
Does it seem odd that she would beg for her daughter's rapist to be given the chance of parole?
I guess. Idk.

BOGOTA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Every day 33 people become entrapped in sex trafficking rings in Guatemala, including a "shocking" proportion of children, some of them sold into the sex trade by their mothers, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) said.
I don’t think the social situation in Guatemala was ever in question here.
Asylum seekers.
Can be dirt bags like anyone else. Again I ask what does a prostitution sting catching Johns in Ohio have to do with the border or asylum seekers in general?

Also your black/dark grey text doesn’t show up when I use dark mode.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What a horrible case, compounded with horrible anti abortion legislation.

I guess. Idk.

I don’t think the social situation in Guatemala was ever in question here.

Can be dirt bags like anyone else. Again I ask what does a prostitution sting catching Johns in Ohio have to do with the border or asylum seekers in general?

Also your black/dark grey text doesn’t show up when I use dark mode.
Just drag your curser over it. Blue back with white text easy to read.

• Friendly
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Black/dark grey text?

Here’s how it looks on my end.

IMG_3597.png

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just drag your curser over it. Blue back with white text easy to read.
Thanks! I think the issue comes from me using my phone to view the thread. Highlighting it doesn’t help but it’s easy enough to switch to from dark mode to light.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0