Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One of the beautiful boasts of our municipal jurisprudence is that Christianity is a part of the Common Law. There never has been a period in which the Common Law did not recognize Christianity as lying at its foundations. - Joseph Story, SC Justice, Congressman, Father of American jurisprudence.​

I find that intensely interesting.
So do i. Thank you for posting it.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Genesis - origin goes back to ancient Greek translation of the Old Testament. Hebrew Bible - book called 'Bereshift'','in the beginning'. Ist of five books of Torah or Law. Torah - 'pentateuchos' (Greek) 'the book',consisting of five books,known today as as Pentateuch' (C L Gibson)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"The heart of our Divine Master has no more amiable law than that of sweetness, humility, charity. Often place your confidence in Divine Providence and be assured that sooner heaven and earth shall pass away than that the Lord neglect to protect you."
- St Padre Pio

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Dear child of God, I write these words because we all experience sadness, we all come at times to despair, and we all lose hope that the suffering in our lives and in the world will ever end. I want to share with you my faith and my understanding that this suffering can be transformed and redeemed. There is no such thing as a totally hopeless case. Our God is an expert at dealing with chaos, with brokenness, with all the worst that we can imagine. God created order out of disorder, cosmos out of chaos, and God can do so always, can do so now--in our personal lives and in our lives as nations, globally. ... Indeed, God is transforming the world now--through us--because God loves us."
- Desmond Tutu

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
In a world about to explode, we have a choice. We can be the gasoline that feeds the fire ... or we can be reminders of the living water that has the power to extinguish the flames.

from the blog "Flames"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
“For as the body is clad in the cloth, and the flesh in the skin, and the bones in the flesh, and the heart in the whole, so are we, soul and body, clad in the Goodness of God, and enclosed.”
- Julian of Norwich

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Charity unites us to God. There is nothing mean in charity, nothing arrogant. Charity knows no schism, does not rebel, does all things in concord. In charity all the elect of God have been made perfect.
- Clement I (35-99 AD)

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
When darkness is screaming that God has abandoned you, listen to the calm yet powerful voice of Jesus saying, "I will never leave you."

~ the Soul Doctor ~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The Holy Scriptures were not given to us that we should enclose them in books,
but that we should engrave them upon our hearts."

~ St. John Chrystostom

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hercule Poirot,actor David Suchet is also a Christian. 'My total faith in Jesus''
David Suchet is one of my favourite actors. He is absolutely brilliant in Poirot! Love his take on the Belgian accent and the mincing walk! His manners are so impeccable and professional! :)

Upvote 0