Not trying to be controversial here but...

M

Mikeb85

Ooh, I forgot to add that weed can cost you felony charges. My friend can tell you how easy it is to get a job with that on your record. Not to mention that in OK it's considered a CDS, so it looks like meth or cocaine to a future employer.

In the US anyway... Up here in Canada, weed won't even get you a slap on the wrist. Most cops don't care one bit that you smoke weed, some do it themselves. You get caught with weed, most times you get a verbal warning, sometimes the cops will take it away.

They only care if you've got a big time grow-op, or are a hardcore dealer.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
it also might help to find an older (than you) woman at church, the kind who lives the life YOU want to live, and run these guys by her (like a double date maybe) and see what red flags she sees. Like, if you were in Florida, double with Val, then LISTEN TO HER.

Tim, umm, that was directed at the ladies, using your post as my springboard. :)

I really look up to my friends, and I'll do this. After enough of it, I stopped dating low class bus stop skanks, and in turn started dating a higher class of bus stop harlot.
hey, if what I say helps one person, or can be used as a springboard to help someone help one person, my day is made....

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
it also might help to find an older (than you) woman at church, the kind who lives the life YOU want to live, and run these guys by her (like a double date maybe) and see what red flags she sees. Like, if you were in Florida, double with Val, then LISTEN TO HER.

Tim, umm, that was directed at the ladies, using your post as my springboard. :)

I really look up to my friends, and I'll do this. After enough of it, I stopped dating low class bus stop skanks, and in turn started dating a higher class of bus stop harlot.
you know this is off topic but i have to say regardless if you and i agree with religious things or not, you are one of my favorite posters here. your posts make so much sense, and i absolutely love your humor. wish we could go out and have a cold one together.

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I know I don't "belong" in this part of the forums, but gottabemore2life I've been concerned about you for the last number of months and have followed what you write, so forgive me if I show up in the Singles forum from time to time.

The moment anything.. anything at all.. wraps you up so intently that you start to lose control over your life, even -once-, you have a problem. Whether it's a reoccuring problem or not, it's a problem in that instant, and it has the potential to continue being a problem.

You make a plan, sane and sober: You're in control.
You break a plan, sane and sober: You're in control.
You break plan because you're on -drugs- that night: Not in control. NOT in control

Deal breaker, deal breaker, and I can't stress this enough: deal breaker.

He wants to date you/see you, he needs to lay off the weed, and that should be that.

Your heart also didn't want to believe that your ex boyfriend, the one who was going to marry you, wasn't the one you were going to marry. That's humanity for you, our hearts don't always tell the truth, they tell a story of what we -want-.

You've experienced it before, why is it so hard to believe that your view is being obstructed again?

Key word here: "one" of those guys. There are more guys in this world, ones who aren't going to be breaking dates with you due to pot/alcohol/-any- addiction. Set your standards higher.

Basically, this is what you just said: -He- has emotional baggage, but -I'm- going to take responsibility for it all and try to fix it by staying.

No no, girl. NO!

His issues with women are not your problem. How women treated him is not your problem (and may even be -his- problem if this isn't an isolated incident with the pot).

You just made the most unhealthy statement you could have ever made in this situation. You took responsibility for his issues. They are not your issues. You need to take a step back from this situation asap.

~ Lynn

I love you. :hug: And thanks for checking on me. I am worried about me too. :(:sigh:

:crosseo:

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
you know this is off topic but i have to say regardless if you and i agree with religious things or not, you are one of my favorite posters here. your posts make so much sense, and i absolutely love your humor. wish we could go out and have a cold one together.

How far from Chicago?

or some equa-distant city with a train station?

you said beer, I started packing.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
How far from Chicago?

or some equa-distant city with a train station?

you said beer, I started packing.

actually, i live in ohio. it's about i think 6-8 hours maybe? i live on the north western side of ohio. there's a train station by me less than an hour away.

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
actually, i live in ohio. it's about i think 6-8 hours maybe? i live on the north western side of ohio. there's a train station by me less than an hour away.

How far south of I-94?

I-80 to I-94, Illinois to Detroit is my monthly drive back home.

Not for nothing but I wouldn't mind a monthly men's type thing either for those that can make the trip.

If not, I'm sure we can work something out.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

Sadly, I am indeed an expert on red flags and who NOT to date. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
How far south of I-94?

I-80 to I-94, Illinois to Detroit is my monthly drive back home.

Not for nothing but I wouldn't mind a monthly men's type thing either for those that can make the trip.

If not, I'm sure we can work something out.

i-80 is only roughly an hour. same vacinity of the bus stop. i'm about an hour from Toledo, Ohio.

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've never done it, but for some reason everybody I know who does it wants me to do it with them so bad. everybody thinks they are going to be the one to break me and make me smoke up.

I worked at a theater when I was 17 and this guy was perma-stoned and would eat the customers nachos as he was preparing them. He would turn his back to put the cheese on and be shouvling them in his face. I was torn between revulsion, disgust and delight.

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've never done it, but for some reason everybody I know who does it wants me to do it with them so bad. everybody thinks they are going to be the one to break me and make me smoke up.

I worked at a theater when I was 17 and this guy was perma-stoned and would eat the customers nachos as he was preparing them. He would turn his back to put the cheese on and be shouvling them in his face. I was torn between revulsion, disgust and delight.

don't do it. it isn't worth it no matter what reasoning anyone can convince you of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Haha, poor girl! ^_^ Okay, from now on I will run my men by you. Give you a complete profile on them.
That could actually be fun. Like profiling serial killers, except I would be profiling jerks not to date. That sounds like a job for the fictitious dream job thread. :p

Upvote 0

Yelsemnos

Feb 21, 2008
Virginia, USA
✟15,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
gottabemore2life, I've seen your photo. You're gorgeous. I've seen a few of your posts, enough to give me the impression that you are sweet. If a guy needs weed so bad that he messes up plans with you, he has a problem - seriously. Maybe try to find someone who won't let you down so easily.

Upvote 0

Axcelcius

Feb 14, 2008
Gardnerville
Visit site
✟7,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
gottabemore2life, I've seen your photo. You're gorgeous. I've seen a few of your posts, enough to give me the impression that you are sweet. If a guy needs weed so bad that he messes up plans with you, he has a problem - seriously. Maybe try to find someone who won't let you down so easily.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

:blush: Thanks you guys.

Upvote 0