Nov 23, 2005
✟4,766.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
but i need help. Right now im am trying to make decisions about my career, but i do not know how to know that it is what God wants me or doesn't want me to do.

I have been doing taekwondo for 5 years and have been told that i could make it pro. I feel that i want to make it pro but sometimes i wonder if it me wanting to make it pro or me want to make it pro for those who want me to. My mom keeps telling me that i should do it or whatever.

on the other hand i have always liek the idea of being an actor or singer, though i never told anyone this till recently. I did not think i was good enough because when i was younger the worship director's daughter always got the part, so i just thought i wans't good enough. but i still wanted to do it and now my mom is saying that she doesn't think im good enough to be a singer or actor or whatever, so i try looking into backstage stuff, but i still founded my self watching the actors...

i don't understand where God wants me to go right now and i don't understand how to find His will out.

Reactions: Stpatterk

JTLauder

Aug 26, 2006
✟16,505.00
Faith
Protestant
This thread may get moved to a more appropriate forum, but I'll answer.

If you're seeking God's will, definitely pray about, not just by yourself, but with others. God may talk through others especially when we might not be too objective to a different perspective.

Next, it might help to get some career counseling from people in the industry. See what's involved and what you can do to pursue your interests in singing and/or acting. Get a professional evaluation of your skills and talents. If you feel your skills are lacking, consider getting some training--singing and acting classes.

The entertainment industry can be really rough and success is not always a result of talent. If you plan on pursuing this, the key is to never give up. You never know what they may be looking for, so you just have to keep going to auditions and keep trying. I don't really know too much about how agents work, but most entertainment people have them to help them find work.

Upvote 0

Stpatterk

Jun 23, 2006
Iqaluit
✟18,208.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
You are a truly gifted child of God. Do it all for His glory and He will Himself reward you with Himself. When He does that, all the talent He has given you will be expressed by you for His glory!

Keep going and you will discover yourself in Him. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but i need help. Right now im am trying to make decisions about my career, but i do not know how to know that it is what God wants me or doesn't want me to do.

I have been doing taekwondo for 5 years and have been told that i could make it pro. I feel that i want to make it pro but sometimes i wonder if it me wanting to make it pro or me want to make it pro for those who want me to. My mom keeps telling me that i should do it or whatever.

on the other hand i have always liek the idea of being an actor or singer, though i never told anyone this till recently. I did not think i was good enough because when i was younger the worship director's daughter always got the part, so i just thought i wans't good enough. but i still wanted to do it and now my mom is saying that she doesn't think im good enough to be a singer or actor or whatever, so i try looking into backstage stuff, but i still founded my self watching the actors...

i don't understand where God wants me to go right now and i don't understand how to find His will out.
Acting... I always wanted to act & the whole Hollywood thing - God just didn't gift me there. I was always more into dance tho - anyways, here's hopefully some helpful Christian advice.

You can't go to PEOPLE when it comes to this issue of your life. Only GOD Himself can personally reveal this to you. We can't tell you what His will is for your career choices. And the way I know God, He may not even have EITHER of those 2 choices in mind for you!
He's just that way - never expect what He's going to do when you ask Him to show or lead you somewhere; He'll surprise you every time! :clap: :idea:

People honestly cannot help you in this. My husband and I have waited over 2 years for a career issue w/ his business.
& God brought something else along that was entirely different & out of the scope we were even looking into. We had to wait on God a few yrs to open up doors & bring us to where we are today & the book still isn't closed on it - we're still waiting on other aspects about it.

He will open & close doors to lead you, just diligently seek GOD & WAIT on Him to lead. Some doors close, but don't worry, that's a GOOD thing... it saves you time chasing down avenues that don't prosper. ;)

Continue in the Lord, He'll show you in His timing; it takes time for Him to open up doors & prepare people for the right timing. :angel:
My best to you!:angel:

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You still have lots of time to decide on a career choice. There are lots of young people in college that have changed their minds several times.

The best advise I can offer is to stay in the Word. God will direct your path for His purpose.

Work hard in school. There will be much more educational opportunity and assistance if you keep your grades up.

Participate in your church and your community. The experiences there will go a long way in many aspects spiritually and educationally.

In these ways, devotion to the Word, a heart of service and an education will prepare you for wherever God leads you.

Don't forget to have fun along the way.

I know this sounds like a lot of "mom" stuff. Just keep your heart open to the leading of the Lord. He will lead you.

Psalm 119:103-105 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! 104 Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. (NKJV)

God bless you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.