Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I want to start this off, to prevent any "dont be materialistic" comments, I am not. I couldnt care less about what I own. Its all God's anyway as per the Bible, im merely just borrowing it. Anyways, this is my issue, I ADORE my job. And I mean adore it. God has been so incredibly good to me and given me a job that I crave day and night. Few things make me happier then what I do. However here comes the problem, while I obviously put God above my work, I also dont want to leave my work. And I was wondering, is there any biblical support for continuing our life's work on heaven? Im just curious yknow? Im a composer, and we know God loves music and the arts in general (being the most creative being in the universe and all that) and so I know God likes what I do. Im just wondering if ill be able to continue it?

Reactions: BeyondET

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the start of all this did God lend all this to us or gave it to us? I am going with gave since Satan told Christ all this was his since it was handed/given to him and he could do with it what ever he wanted. What I have found out with God is hard to hand over ever thing mind soul and body not that easy. When we do that then bow He is GOD Lord and what He says goes. Yet HE gives it all back so much more and better. If you search and you should you find what God gives He never takes back. Look at all the power Satan has and not to give any glory to him. Everything God gave anyone He never takes it back.

HAHA what am I getting at. Did He not say delight your self in the lord He will give you the desires of your heart? That was OT NT what ever you ask the Father in my name He will do it. What ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it. Christ said you will be done on earth as it is in heaven. How is it in heaven? Then that's His will here. We walk on streets of gold not pavement not dirt streets. Everything God gave you.. every thing He called you to do.. there is such a thing written in the age to come. One could look at it like.. its not even started yet. The best is yet to come. You love those things because He GAVE IT to you and it will can only grow. Yet don't take my word for this you study you pray ASK HIM about this. Just ask KNOWING HE hears you "if we know He hears us then we know we have the petitions/prayers we asked for". Gods will is Gods word. To know al the riches the wicked have are laid up for us. HELLO GOD is our Father.. to know He said "you have not because you ask not or your asking wrong". Find what His word says...if HE said it..its yours and you never have to ask for it if HE said it already.

Take healing just touching this. Isa 53:5 by His strips you are healed. Peter then quotes it says "by His strips you were healed". We read call on the elders and what? You will be not maybe but will be healed and if any sin it will be forgiven. We read this yet we still doubt? Shows you we really don't know Him nor believe that GOD can not lie. See it also says if you or me doubt let not that man think he will get anything from God. What we do think say listen to eat all play a part here. Song says Put Jesus first in your life.

Sorry got lost here. ALL of this comes down to ..just read His word and take HIM at what He said do not believe me. He said if you believe Jesus was who He said He was came from where He said He did.. you shall have ever lasting life John 3:16. God said that and we blindly believe well then believe the rest not how you feel and NEVER Put God on some TIME CLOCK. You pray you pray HIS word then KNOW HE answered keep going.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
TRUST GOD.
I do trust God! I would with my life (I do every day XD) but Im still trying to recover from the whole idea that heaven is just a sing along for eternity and that there is actually stuff to do and work to be done and exploring etc. (yes this is news to me, I was taught that all we did was sing hymns ad praises forever. So im just inquiring

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So I want to start this off, to prevent any "dont be materialistic" comments, I am not. I couldnt care less about what I own. Its all God's anyway as per the Bible, im merely just borrowing it. Anyways, this is my issue, I ADORE my job. And I mean adore it. God has been so incredibly good to me and given me a job that I crave day and night. Few things make me happier then what I do. However here comes the problem, while I obviously put God above my work, I also dont want to leave my work. And I was wondering, is there any biblical support for continuing our life's work on heaven? Im just curious yknow? Im a composer, and we know God loves music and the arts in general (being the most creative being in the universe and all that) and so I know God likes what I do. Im just wondering if ill be able to continue it?
Hello again friend,

Would a parent deny his child the joy to see him accomplish what makes him happy?
I assure you that your father in heaven who is infinitely good, the one true GOD who gave all of us life, wants to do just that, give to you whatever makes you happy.

1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Blessings
jff

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

turkle

Blessed
Jan 25, 2004
✟227,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have posted numerous threads on the exact same topic, leading me to believe that you will continue to do so until you receive the answer that will assure you that you will get you what you want. That won't happen, because the Bible gives us only a glimpse of what's ahead, not the detail you are looking for.

You will be face to face with the God of the Universe. You will see the face of Jesus. Nothing else will matter, and your joy will be complete. Obsessing over whether or not you get to do what you want is useless. Your earthly passions may or may not be taken into the throne room. But it won't matter, because we will be in paradise for eternity.

Trust that God knows exactly what you need and will provide for you. Worrying over whether or not you can or can't do something is a waste of your energy. Instead, lift your eyes to the author and creator of your life and say, as Jesus did, "Not my will, but yours." Then, be at peace and let it go. He will provide exactly what you need.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I was wondering, is there any biblical support for continuing our life's work on heaven? Im just curious yknow? Im a composer, and we know God loves music and the arts in general (being the most creative being in the universe and all that) and so I know God likes what I do. Im just wondering if ill be able to continue it?
There are two possibilities:
1) Yes, you will.
2) No, but you won't care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do see why you can't have a music house in heaven, there are many houses.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I want to start this off, to prevent any "dont be materialistic" comments, I am not. I couldnt care less about what I own. Its all God's anyway as per the Bible, im merely just borrowing it. Anyways, this is my issue, I ADORE my job. And I mean adore it.
They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. Isaiah 65:21

Upvote 0