United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sad, is it ungrateful to god? I thank god but for responsibility because i don't feel blessed.

The bible says be thankful always
How to smile when your life is a disaster

I love to listen to Ecclesiastes (audio Bible) when I’m really sad, or just sick of the world and it’s fake happiness. Solomon really goes down the rabbit hole with me! Later, when I’m ready, I might go to James to hear "count it all joy" (when you endure various trials).

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I love to listen to Ecclesiastes (audio Bible) when I’m really sad, or just sick of the world and it’s fake happiness. Solomon really goes down the rabbit hole with me! Later, when I’m ready, I might go to James to hear "count it all joy" (when you endure various trials).
It is nice to see the methods you use with your bible.
And nicer how it works for you

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sad, is it ungrateful to god? I thank god but for responsibility because i don't feel blessed.

For example, you meet somebody tomorrow and lean out of your limosine and give them $20, and they curse you for being so cheap. For example, you meet somebody tomorrow and you understand the sadness that have becsue they feel they have a crap life. They can relate to you.

It's the same you. But one of you get cursed for being so cheap, the other is appreciated because you understand their pain.

If you were blessed, then people will curse you. They WILL curse you.
Perhaps you have cursed wealthy people even before you meet them?

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Count your blessings. Write them down and read it. Then you will be sincerely grateful to God for all that He has given you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Count your blessings. Write them down and read it. Then you will be sincerely grateful to God what all that He has given you.
Surely God gives me many good things, but surely too i lack some crucial things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely God gives me many good things, but surely too i lack some crucial things.

I have seen many people who have the best things in life become proud, arrogant, haughty and narcissistic. There are some who think they are some kind of gods and can do as they please with others as though others are inferior. So its probably for our good that we have our limitations. God hates pride.

Upvote 0

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I was reminded this morning of Habakkuk's position....
Several years ago I was in a serious state of my life being about as turned upside down as it could possibly get.
but in spite of that, I had this joy bubbling up from inside.
I did not understand it at all.
My pastor and friends would ask how I was doing, ant at first, I would say how badly my life was going-- no work, needing money to pay bills, on the verse of losing our home, etc.... After a year or two, I began to sense-- I really need to stop complaining about how bad my life was.
After a while I began having a sense of---
I'm not understanding this.
My life is a mess, work is unstable, I lost my home of 15 years, I've been evicted from a rental, life generally seems unfair, but I'm as happy as a lark.
I think about 4 years or so in, I realized that Habakkuk had nailed it perfectly.....

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.​

Please allow me to be clear here.... I was in a serious straight, and totally frustrated by the things taking place in my life at that time. but on the inside..... I'd never experienced such joy, and satisfaction with my relationship with God. I felt like I was serious messed up.

But one day I read this, and realized that Habakkuk was talking about his relationship with God, and how no matter how bad things were on the outside, they were abso-loote-lee-fan-froggon-tastic on the inside.

So, here's what I'd like to encourage you to do.....
Just start expressing gratitude. Tell others thank you. Tell God thank you. It may indeed seem hollow, and pointless at first. But keep going. Talk to God about it.

We read in 1 Thessalonians 5:18--- in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
We're not told to give thanks FOR everything.... but to give thanks IN Everything..... consider the difference.

In Philippians 2:12-14, we read how that God is at work within us both to will, and to do of his good pleasure, so we should work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Then we read how we should not complain, but be thankful.

then, in Romans 1:21, we read the following.

although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.​

This is serious.... it's actually possible to cut God off, by not expressing gratitude.

Here's an entire list of variations on the word-- thank* -- in the bible.

Genesis 1:1 (NKJV)

Here's another that has helped me a LOT......

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.​

We are to be a people of gratitude, and thanksgiving--- abounding in thanksgiving.

In that list I provided above, please read Colossians and Ephesians' passages for giving of thanks.

Life does indeed seem really unfair, cruel, and even downright malicious at times. but God's really good, and can completely turn our sorrow, and heartache around to become joy, even in the midst of the madness and chaos.

Grace and Peace be with you.
In Christ.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The bible says that the problems we have are common to man. What you are going through other believers are going through similar or worse situations. It might be an idea to pray thanksgiving to God for the blessings he has already given you. God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0