USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did with my blogger article. There is plenty of Scripture in there and links that refer to the Word and Jesus. Also, my words are in line with what God's Word says unless of course you don't believe Jesus died for us and He had risen from the dead. Also, why are you arguing with me? We should help him and not argue with each other. We as believers have to love each other.
I forgot you were sensitive....taking offense to simple question asking. If all you have to offer is proof of the validity of physical artifacts....I find no fault in sharing it. I thought you had more, which is why I asked for you to share it.....not to make you argue.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Easy answer, the God of the Bible.

If you wanna explore and get in-depth into why it is so and how to validate it in debates, you should check out the apologetics forum on this site, it's pretty insightful.

God bless.
Islam claims Jesus is a prophet. Jesus taught to love your enemies and that you would know a tree by its fruit. The Bible condemns the church when it is false and hypocritical. Islam kills its enemies and if you put a red flag on the map every time for every suicide bomber, or terrorist shooting or knifing and then labeled the flag with the faith of those who carried out the act you might see some fruit worth considering.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Islam claims Jesus is a prophet. Jesus taught to love your enemies and that you would know a tree by its fruit. The Bible condemns the church when it is false and hypocritical. Islam kills its enemies and if you put a red flag on the map every time for every suicide bomber, or terrorist shooting or knifing and then labeled the flag with the faith of those who carried out the act you might see some fruit worth considering.
There were quite a few slayings in the name of God in the bible.....Which has me confused as to why we look down on other religions that do so.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I forgot you were sensitive....taking offense to simple question asking. If all you have to offer is proof of the validity of physical artifacts....I find no fault in sharing it. I thought you had more, which is why I asked for you to share it.....not to make you argue.

Paul says we are to speak full of grace seasoned with salt (Colossians 4:6). I simply think you could have worded it differently in being more loving and not in a way that could have led into being an argument.

You could have said,

"Great point, I like these verses"
*And then list your verses*

And you could have then said:

"What are your favorite verses like these?"

If you disagree, it is not worth arguing over.

May God bless you, dear sir.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m just really scared. I have been told by many Muslims that I am going to hell. I’m crying for God to show me the truth and guide me.
Well if you need like me to search, or you will feel suffocated ,then use logical arguments not just the bible , or belief .This idea that one must only believe and never go on a search ,is sending many in the wrong direction . It actually annoys me when those who are new christians and therefore a bit rocky deny others the right to proof of Jesus lordship by means which are available to modern minds .

If you look at history long term you can see how humanity never made it beyond
a few million on the earth ,and while there were moments of 'Glory ' as in old civilisations and great monuments ,they never lasted for very long ,often coming undone in a very short time ,or even distastrously .
They were not yet children of the most High God Jesus Christ ,the only god who promises that through Him, life will Glorious ,happy ,holy and Eternal .

It is as a result of Him ,that the creative power of God ,which is without limit could be transfered to those who became His . All of the modern society at it's best , lifesaving , universal communication, laboursaving ,etc, giving us the most advanced society ever known on earth ,at least in history as it is perceived .

All of the Islamic societies depend western engineers ,scientists and so on , to build their modern Dubais etc., as Islam in spite of being so numerous , has created virtually nothing , in comparison even with China and India .

Remember Egypt was not Moslem ,nor Iraq ,nor Turkey ,etc .but they were most violently forced to convert ,or die .This is still an Islamic law, which prevents some from even looking at other religions .

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know what religion is true anymore. I’ve been a strong Christian for a while and start reading things about Islam. They claim they are the only way. They say the Bible is corrupted. I just don’t know what to do. Is Christianity the true religion or Islam? Can you help me. I’m still believing and praying to God, I’m just not knowing whether the Bible or the Quran is true, just religion in general. I don’t want to follow the wrong religion.

Go research scientifically examinable miracles. Not claims of miracles, but claimed miracles which left physical objects that can be - and have been - examined by modern forensic science.

If you do, you will discover a whole set of them: The Shroud of Turin and its companion Oviedo Cloth, the Lanciano Eucharistic Miracle, the Incorrupt bodies of saints, and the healing miracles at Lourdes. You will find a handful of incorrupt Buddhist monks. That's it as far as scientifically examined, and inexplicable, objects go.

All of the miracles except three are Christian.

So yes, the Quran and the Christian Bible, and the Jewish Bible without the Christian New Testament, and the Scientologists' stuff and the Book of Mormon, and every other religion's texts all claim to be true, and all religions claim to be true. Christianity has the scientifically examinable miracles that physically prove it is true. Buddhism has the undecayed bodies of three very ascetic monks who died long ago that demonstrate that their ascetism was a sort of holiness that gained some divine favor. There are about 50 undecayed Christian saints, by comparison.

That's how you know the true religion: it's the one that has all of the real life miracles that you can examine with science. The others have claims, but no actual miracles that demonstrate that their gods are more powerful than the physics. Christianity does. So Christianity is proven true by miracles going all the way back to Christ (the Shroud and the Oviedo cloth).

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There were quite a few slayings in the name of God in the bible.....Which has me confused as to why we look down on other religions that do so.
Yes ,but the leader of Islam himself was violent and married a child ,whereas Jesus is Purity and Light himself ,and advocates against violence , and telling us to forgive not take revenge .So unlike Islam ,polar opposites in fact .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We look down on our OWN religion for having done so! Killing people is wrong. We know that, and we say so. We confess the errors of our co-religionists in the past, and we don't kill people anymore. In other words, we repented, confessed and changed, just exactly as our God demands of us.

And the Muslims? Have they renounced killing people? No. Their God authorizes them to, urges it on.
Our God prohibits it.

Cardinal difference.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know what religion is true anymore. I’ve been a strong Christian for a while and start reading things about Islam. They claim they are the only way. They say the Bible is corrupted. I just don’t know what to do. Is Christianity the true religion or Islam? Can you help me. I’m still believing and praying to God, I’m just not knowing whether the Bible or the Quran is true, just religion in general. I don’t want to follow the wrong religion.
Jesus is alive. All others are still dead

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Whenever that happen, I don’t think God was pleased. If God commanded it himself then that’s a different story.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to believe Christianity is the true religion, but I want to know for sure. I am praying that God will help guide me and reveal the truth.

Hello.

I am a former Muslim who converted to Christianity. I've only been Christian just under four years.

I don't know what is confusing you, I'm not sure I understood why you were confused.

I promise you one thing, you will not go to hell if your a Christian.

But I can answer any questions you have. I just need to know what they are directly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes ,but the leader of Islam himself was violent and married a child ,whereas Jesus is Purity and Light himself ,and advocates against violence , and telling us to forgive not take revenge .So unlike Islam ,polar opposites in fact .

You are comparing a leader in a religion with God......They cant be compared, unless you are saying that the leader of muslims is believed to be God as well. If not, he can be more liked to our own Christian leaders...who, as we all know, are, some of them, not perfect and sometimes err in their ways.

We look down on our OWN religion for having done so! Killing people is wrong. We know that, and we say so. We confess the errors of our co-religionists in the past, and we don't kill people anymore. In other words, we repented, confessed and changed, just exactly as our God demands of us.

And the Muslims? Have they renounced killing people? No. Their God authorizes them to, urges it on.
Our God prohibits it.

Cardinal difference.
I dont look down on my Religion. The Lord was pleased and sometimes ordered the happenings of the Old testament books....Why would you look down on it? unless you are talking about the start of Christianity After Jesus.......I was only referring to the books in the Bible.

I do, however, leave the possibility of the OT being misinterpreted by the lawyers.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can you make such a promise When Jesus himself states that many will cry Lord Lord and be turned away?

That's enough! In the name of Christ Jesus we are here to HELP this girl - not hand her to Satan!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever that happen, I don’t think God was pleased. If God commanded it himself then that’s a different story.
It specifically states that God was pleased on many occasions. If you believe that He commanded something wrong, maybe we should revisit the OT....as it was all written of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟692,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Telling one that they will make it to heaven simply by calling themselves Christian is helping?

I did NOT tell anyone they would avoid hell by "calling themselves" a Christian.

I said, she will not go to hell if she is a Christian.

Now stop! Your playing games with someone's very soul.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did NOT tell anyone they would avoid hell by "calling themselves" a Christian.

I said, she will not go to hell if she is a Christian.

Now stop! Your playing games with someone's very soul.
My apologies, I did not mean to play with your soul. Continue as your were.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It specifically states that God was pleased on many occasions. If you believe that He commanded something wrong, maybe we should revisit the OT....as it was all written of Jesus.

Who said He commanded something wrong? My point was that usually in the Bible when people did things in the name of God, when God didn’t command or favor it, He wasn’t pleased. Same for if they saved people they weren’t suppose to save, He was also displeased.

Upvote 0