USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know what religion is true anymore. I’ve been a strong Christian for a while and start reading things about Islam. They claim they are the only way. They say the Bible is corrupted. I just don’t know what to do. Is Christianity the true religion or Islam? Can you help me. I’m still believing and praying to God, I’m just not knowing whether the Bible or the Quran is true, just religion in general. I don’t want to follow the wrong religion.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don’t know what religion is true anymore. I’ve been a strong Christian for a while and start reading things about Islam. They claim they are the only way. They say the Bible is corrupted. I just don’t know what to do. Is Christianity the true religion or Islam? Can you help me. I’m still believing and praying to God, I’m just not knowing whether the Bible or the Quran is true, just religion in general. I don’t want to follow the wrong religion.

Easy answer, the God of the Bible.

If you wanna explore and get in-depth into why it is so and how to validate it in debates, you should check out the apologetics forum on this site, it's pretty insightful.

God bless.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟169,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Muhammad's only exposure to Christianity was through a heretic, probably an Arian, so Muslims have a false view of what Christians are supposed to believe. They expect us to believe that anyone but the Church had the right ideas about who Jesus is and what He taught, so Islam is only "for you" if you believe that Jesus lied when He promised that nothing would prevail over His Church.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I have my own opinions on Islam that come from reading the Koran, and also studying its history.

Mohammed at first wanted to be accepted by the Jews as a prophet, but they rejected him based on his lack of knowledge of Judaism.

He traveled in the last known circles of the Ebionites, who had among them several of the gnostic gospels rejected by the Church. All the stories of Jesus in the Koran can be traced directly back to those books.

Mohammed seemingly took everything the church rejected long before and incorporated it all into Islam. If the church was against it, Mohammed was for it. If the church accepted it, Mohammed condemned it.

For any or all of the above reasons, and some others, I do not accept Islam. Feel free to ask questions.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct context but 2 Corinthians 13 helped me a lot before when I was thinking about Islam. It made me see how silly I was to doubt my belief which prior was so strong.

I believe it was turning to the word of God, the true word, that helped. If you don't fully understand permit me to patronise you with my mediocre Biblical knoweldge. I think Paul is essentially saying if you are a Christian (saved) you know it. I just needed a sharp reminder to stop the creeping doubt.

Muslims will be negative towards Paul in my experience although tbf this is based on just a few instances. I assume though, that if they did believe Paul they would not follow Islam

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kota

Sep 18, 2018
USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to believe Christianity is the true religion, but I want to know for sure. I am praying that God will help guide me and reveal the truth.

Upvote 0

Kota

Sep 18, 2018
USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Easy answer, the God of the Bible.

If you wanna explore and get in-depth into why it is so and how to validate it in debates, you should check out the apologetics forum on this site, it's pretty insightful.

God bless.
Where is it? I can’t find it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Study Gods Holy Word yourself, it takes some time but everything will start coming into focus. Pray to received the Holy Spirit. Always pray and ask for guidance before studying God Word.

Be Blessed.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you received the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is the only way to God and heaven!
Trust me, i had him once very close to me (spiritually).
Best you can hope for is some kind of spiritual proof, tell God you want proof.
Can be a touch of him or something, something that open you eyes that God is more close to people than you think.
i had the devil attack me very badly too in other occasion.
Allah didn't touch me and logically if Jesus exists, allah gets excluded.

I second the post above about receiving the holy spirit, it will convince you perfectly and totally about Jesus and God. You just can't deny God after that believe me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m just really scared. I have been told by many Muslims that I am going to hell. I’m crying for God to show me the truth and guide me.

If you received christ as your saviour pray to him until he responds, i don't think he will let you stay 'in the dark' for too long.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Kota, just go to the library, check out a Koran, and read it for yourself. While reading it, ask yourself, "Does this really sound like the truth?" I'm thinking that after reading just a few dozen pages or so, you'll begin to wonder about it, and doubt it.

After this, just go and begin reading the Gospel of Matthew and compare. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m just really scared. I have been told by many Muslims that I am going to hell.
Why does not being a Muslim scare you more than not being a Christian?

The God of the Bible isn't out to condemn you, but, rather, to rescue you from your present death sentence. The sacrificial Blood of Jesus is the only thing that can do that. And Islam offers no viable alternative.*

Jesus said [in John 3:16-17],

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."

Islam has no comparable offer available. They expect you to EARN your salvation by "good" works (like most other religions), but Jesus says that no one can ever be good enough (that way). And any one who tries will die and go to Hell (no matter how good they think they are).

There are works in Christianity, too, but you don't get to do them without getting saved, first! :clap: Didn't you read the link that I gave you?

*No figure in Islam has ever died nor ever could die on your behalf!

Last edited:
Upvote 0