Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Eastern Christian traditions and worship are beautiful, and all of us could learn much from them. I personally would jump at the chance to worship at an Eastern-rite Catholic Church. They are such a wonderful reminder of the catholicity of the Church.

EOs on the other hand... Methinks threads like this one are illustrative of what happens when the spirit of schism takes over.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ok,, so you're all bent out of shape because you faith is being trashed in a place you are not allowed to defend it.

Well, now maybe we have some idea how the LDS feel.

Can't help the fact I was born with a lot of empathy, leave me alone.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ok,, so you're all bent out of shape because you faith is being trashed in a place you are not allowed to defend it.

I still do not know what to do with you...
:scratch: :wave:

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

well maybe if someone comes over here and trashes the Catholic faith (implicitly or explicitly) we can defend it here then:)

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5
Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ARG! I was praying you did not see that thread. There was another about Catholic Charismatics and Charismatics in general my stomach just turned. I'm so sorry for you guys but at least now it is closed. I can not go on that board anymore because of hate-filled attitudes just like this.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
well maybe if someone comes over here and trashes the Catholic faith (implicitly or explicitly) we can defend it here then:)
Folks aren't permitted to trash the Catholic Faith here in OBOB, fortunately. That's why they have their "fun" elsewhere.

One of the truest signs of the True Church is the bashing of it done by others.

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Folks aren't permitted to trash the Catholic Faith here in OBOB, fortunately. That's why they have their "fun" elsewhere.

Another sign- That Church doesen't bash any other. I'll be honest, I do not believe in a true physical church (please let's not debate! I'm just being honest and I'm only saying this to make a point! I just love you RCC's!
love-smiley-061.gif
) but if I did, the fact that I don't find crap like this on OBOB, and that none of my Catholic friends or associates have EVER bashed a Proty(<<<< oooo, I like that word! "Proty!" Oh yes! It has a ring to it! :sorry: ) would certainly speak VOLUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Another sign- That Church doesen't bash any other. I'll be honest, I do not believe in a true physical church (please let's not debate! I'm just being honest and I'm only saying this to make a point! I just love you RCC's!
love-smiley-061.gif
) but if I did, the fact that I don't find crap like this on OBOB, and that none of my Catholic friends or associates have EVER bashed a Proty(<<<< oooo, I like that word! "Proty!" Oh yes! It has a ring to it! :sorry: ) would certainly speak VOLUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
Okay. But when Paul alludes to what would be called today excommunication . . . think about how that would work, and how it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, if there wasn't a visible, physical Church. One can't be excommunicated from something that doesn't exist. And one can't, really and truly, be excommunicated from something that has no physical reality but only a spiritual one. ;)

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay. But when Paul alludes to what would be called today excommunication . . . think about how that would work, and how it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, if there wasn't a visible, physical Church. One can't be excommunicated from something that doesn't exist. And one can't, really and truly, be excommunicated from something that has no physical reality but only a spiritual one. ;)
:mad:
angry-smiley-035.gif
laughing-smiley-008.gif
:hug:

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Sorry, I guess I should have implied that if someone happens to decide to come and trash the Catholic faith, we can defend ourselves here because we unfortunately can't defend in certain forums w/o it coming off as a debate. I wasn't suggesting that someone come over here and start trashing:eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
grrrrr I was just over there. Intially I was interested in what orthodoxy was all about. But when I asked questions, I left feeling that no matter what I said, that I was considered heterodox. I mentioned praying with other christians. I sorta crashed and burned there. I was born and raised catholic, but I have also attended many Non-catholic Churches. But jeesh I left there feeling a little peeved.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
grrrrr I was just over there. Intially I was interested in what orthodoxy was all about. But when I asked questions, I left feeling that no matter what I said, that I was considered heterodox. I mentioned praying with other christians. I sorta crashed and burned there. I was born and raised catholic, but I have also attended many Non-catholic Churches. But jeesh I left there feeling a little peeved.
well feel free to post. We're pretty hospitable.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ConanTheLibrarian

Nov 11, 2005
Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good grief, how much will we have to grovel in apology for the Fourth Crusade for our apology to finally be accepted? The Crusaders were already under excommunication at the time under Innocent III. Recent popes have repeatedly apologized, most notably John Paul II.

"...if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:15.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Its always past history that is brought up. :sigh:
Good grief, how much will we have to grovel in apology for the Fourth Crusade for our apology to finally be accepted?
You missed the point entirely.
Skripper is claiming that a sign of the true church is persecution by others, thus at the time of the fourth crusade the Orthodox Church was the true church. Since it is the same church today as it was at the time of the fourth crusade, according to Skripper's logic it must still be the true church.

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You missed the point entirely.
Skripper is claiming that a sign of the true church is persecution by others, thus at the time of the fourth crusade the Orthodox Church was the true church. Since it is the same church today as it was at the time of the fourth crusade, according to Skripper's logic it must still be the true church.
*feeling left out* Hehe! Then Proty's are true churches too! Go Proty's! Go Proty's! :sorry:

*DISCLAIMER*

Please don't mind DNL! She has finnished a very long and hard day at work and feels like being silly! If you are offended by this post, please turn around twice counter clockwise, put your hands behind your head, shake your booty and then do the Charleston. I promise it works, and even if you are still offended, you can at least take comfort in knowing that you have just caused riotous laughter in heaven! :pink:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.