eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You missed the point entirely.
Skripper is claiming that a sign of the true church is persecution by others, thus at the time of the fourth crusade the Orthodox Church was the true church. Since it is the same church today as it was at the time of the fourth crusade, according to Skripper's logic it must still be the true church.

At least you were not called a Heretic and schismatic, with a smile :) LOL Thats what I recieved in TAW. It is ok though.

I told them that when they rejoined the Catholic Church, the finger would be pointin g back at them. :p

Upvote 0

Silouan

Feb 7, 2007
✟15,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Guys..that whole thread was ridiculous! Sometimes you have to do two things to determine the validity of the threads: 1)Look at the age of the poster. Some of the people who post there are very young and we all know that youth and ignorance go together. 2) Many of the people there are new converts that are accompanied with untamed zeal. I have observed that many converts tend to think they know everything and see themselves as "pillars of Orthodoxy" I am obviously Orthodox and consider myself to be quite traditional. However, I find TAW to be a little disgraceful at times. So, please know that not everything posted there is general Orthodox consensus. As the scriptures say, without love all things are meaningless...if we (I) could only learn to be loving in the things I say and do

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Guys..that whole thread was ridiculous! Sometimes you have to do two things to determine the validity of the threads: 1)Look at the age of the poster. Some of the people who post there are very young and we all know that youth and ignorance go together. 2) Many of the people there are new converts that are accompanied with untamed zeal. I have observed that many converts tend to think they know everything and see themselves as "pillars of Orthodoxy" I am obviously Orthodox and consider myself to be quite traditional. However, I find TAW to be a little disgraceful at times. So, please know that not everything posted there is general Orthodox consensus. As the scriptures say, without love all things are meaningless...if we (I) could only learn to be loving in the things I say and do

We will all learn to understand each other with the help of the Holy Spirit. May love prevail.

Is your user name from Staretz Silouan? I have a copy of Wisdom from Mt. Athos in my book bag. A wonderful read for anyone...East or West.

Upvote 0

Silouan

Feb 7, 2007
✟15,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We will all learn to understand each other with the help of the Holy Spirit. May love prevail.

Is your user name from Staretz Silouan? I have a copy of Wisdom from Mt. Athos in my book bag. A wonderful read for anyone...East or West.

Yes..my patron is Staretz Silouan. Widom from Athos is a great read...of course I am biased.

My opinion about all of these church matters is best summed up in a quote by Elder Paisios of Mt. Athos:

"If you want to help the Church, correct yourself, and immediately ammendment is made to a small part of the Church. Naturally, if everyone did this, then the Church would be put in order.'

This is the best that I can do to help things...the rest is out of my hands. Pray for me!

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes..my patron is Staretz Silouan. Widom from Athos is a great read...of course I am biased.

My opinion about all of these church matters is best summed up in a quote by Elder Paisios of Mt. Athos:

"If you want to help the Church, correct yourself, and immediately ammendment is made to a small part of the Church. Naturally, if everyone did this, then the Church would be put in order.'

This is the best that I can do to help things...the rest is out of my hands. Pray for me!

May all our prayers and love be for each other. May all of us grow closer to our Lord and our God. And by that may we follow the Holy Spirit to unity.

I do not know how. But one to one and in humility we will all be together through the power of the Holy Spirit.

There will be bumps along the road, but may we focus on making ourselves ready to walk it and not try to design the road ourselves. The Lord had done that. I do not need to know the path, only trust in He who made it and look to myself that I bring what unique gifts He has lovingly crafted in me...the the walk. As well as correcting my flaws. :)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Siluoan I am hoping for reunification... and then we will be ONE again.

Although i find the bitter unrestraint a bit sad...emotionally [truly] I still pray and offer this up at Mass on Sunday.

I do not ask the Lord to add stipulations, but just that the bitter fued end... and His Church is put back together the way He wants it.

TO be as it was in the beginning as He built it.

Otherwise, I do not add that we get it our way, but His Way.

Join me in hoping for His Will to be done...
:crossrc:

Reactions: lionroar0
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

So does that mean you hope for a peaceful Reconciliation AND Reunion, between the Patriarch of Rome and the Eastern Patriarchates & Churches?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
:liturgy: :prayer: I pray that One day our Blessed Lord may re-unite our Eastern Brethren unto His Holy Catholic Church. May our Seperated Patriachates be once again in full union with the Holy Pontiff (Patriach of Rome) and the Holy Catholic Church, so that Christ's Church may be divided no longer. May All things we do, be done with the Utmost Charity, Love, Kindness, gentleness, and mercy. May we be living reflections of your Holy Gospel O Lord, so that this may be done according to your will, so that as your Son said, "...That all may be one."---so that both the Eastern Churches and thy Holy Catholic Church may once again be able to embrace one another in communion. May thy will be done, O Lord. Amen.:crossrc:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Silouan, you are one of the sweetest people on CF....we are so bless to have you here....and thanks for the quote, it is very wise advice.

Peace be with you....Pam

Upvote 0

Silouan

Feb 7, 2007
✟15,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Silouan, you are one of the sweetest people on CF....we are so bless to have you here....and thanks for the quote, it is very wise advice.

Peace be with you....Pam

:blush: Well...thank you. I enjoy being here. I try to be a cyber hermit..I only stay in TAW and OBOB. You remember when I first registered here and my first posts were in Mariology.:doh: I will never enter that hell hole again (or GT, or any of the others really :) )

Upvote 0

CatholicFlame

The Lord is Risen Indeed
Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't read the whole thread but I think that maybe sinc ethe Pope's english is tht not hot, his translator could have made errors without the pope realizing it. LOL we know how easy it is to mis-tanslate something!

LOLOL

PLus, catholics love know wht the pope teaches, compare all what was said with his other stuff. He is not a nestorian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orthosdoxa

Happy wife and mommy
Feb 11, 2003
nowhere
✟24,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1) How does criticizing the pope = we "hate" Catholics, as many have said in this thread? It was a stupid, worthless thread, but it's a long jump from criticism to hate - or does all criticism automatically = persecution? :scratch:

2)I would like to point out that a number of people on TAW, including myself, said either in that thread or in others, that the thread about the Pope served no purpose and refused to participate in it. Don't overlook that.

3) Will someone PLEASE explain to Eastcoast that saying we are in schism from each other is NOT an insult to Catholics? That's one of the things he kept saying proves we "hate" them. Every time someone mentioned the word "schism" (as in "We and Rome are in schism" "Rome is in schism from us"), he became furious and told us to stop insulting all Catholics by saying there was a schism.

Seriously. He wouldn't believe us that it merely acknowledges a historical event and the resulting current state of affairs. I begged him to come ask you and to stop yelling at us, because his anger over it made no sense. Perhaps he'll believe it coming from you.

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5
Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We asked for this thread to close....

At least some of us.
BTW stating that we oppose Papacy does not necessarily makes us "haters" Lord have mercy on us.

God bless,
Philothei
PHILOTHEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CREDDY20DEPT-vi.gif

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
1) How does criticizing the pope = we "hate" Catholics, as many have said in this thread? It was a stupid, worthless thread, but it's a long jump from criticism to hate - or does all criticism automatically = persecution? :scratch:

2)I would like to point out that a number of people on TAW, including myself, said either in that thread or in others, that the thread about the Pope served no purpose and refused to participate in it. Don't overlook that.

3) Will someone PLEASE explain to Eastcoast that saying we are in schism from each other is NOT an insult to Catholics? That's one of the things he kept saying proves we "hate" them. Every time someone mentioned the word "schism" (as in "We and Rome are in schism" "Rome is in schism from us"), he became furious and told us to stop insulting all Catholics by saying there was a schism.

Seriously. He wouldn't believe us that it merely acknowledges a historical event and the resulting current state of affairs. I begged him to come ask you and to stop yelling at us, because his anger over it made no sense. Perhaps he'll believe it coming from you.

Actually it was the repeated use of the word Heretic that I found offensive. I think I made that very clear in my posts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.