Not feeling the love, much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ah, I see folks have found that thread in TAW. Yeah, it's crap like that makes me think we should just appoint new patriarchs for the sees of the Schismatic Eastern Churches, and convert as many of them as possible, rather than re-union through "ecumenical-dialogue' (which does not seem to work with any schismatic sect! One wonders why we don't just evangelize and convert them outright rather waste time on this "dialogue" crap ) with the Eo Patriarchs, in hopes that they'll see the light, rather than the Patriarch of Rome, replacing their Schismatic Behinds. Yeah this way might be problematic, but it is no less than that of those Schismatics, who say death rather than re-union. So in light of that, it appears they do NOT want dialogue. Which means, we shouldn't seek dialogue either. We should seek their CONVERSION and to enjoin to their respective Eastern Rites as part of the Holy Catholic Church.
Christ forgive me,
Ravenonthecross

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're still our Brothers and Sisters even if they don't understand what we believe or why we believe it and even if we don't like what they believe. We might not debate them but perhaps we could clear up in that thread WHY and HOW we believe.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I heard he was the anti christ and the Church is the WoB...

:p ;)

Such delights.

Ok...
So I think we should reference Nestorians heresies...
SO we can show that the Pope was not pulling Christ apart into two Beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ConanTheLibrarian

Nov 11, 2005
Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Browsing over at TAW will likely be among the things I give up for Lent. It's probably not good for one's blood pressure, either, to be reading that kind of Catholic bashing.

If I were still wavering between becoming Catholic or EO, the negativity so often shown over at TAW (even among themselves) would have all but decided the issue for me. Have some of those people never heard of charity, instead of automatically assuming the worst about someone else?

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Browsing over at TAW will likely be among the things I give up for Lent. It's probably not good for one's blood pressure, either, to be reading that kind of Catholic bashing.

If I were still wavering between becoming Catholic or EO, the negativity so often shown over at TAW (even among themselves) would have all but decided the issue for me. Have some of those people never heard of charity, instead of automatically assuming the worst about someone else?

It usually makes me :eek: ...:scratch: ...:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So, this is all a rehash of the recently debunked Nicene Truth blog posts right?

When viewed in light of Benedict's obviously orthodox and Nicene compliant Christology in his recent book Jesus of Nazareth these charges, made originally on 11/13 by Jan Dyer are outlandish.

I urge my fellow Catholics not to waste time even getting upset about this and to most certainly not debate this issue. Jay Dyer's arguments in his blog and in his comments on other blogs (where this all stems from) contain such other gems as:

We are not interested in charity towards men like Ratzinger and John Paul II who participate in demonic religious services and are destroying the Faith.

Since this issue and the view of Benedict as Nestorian was originally instigated by that blog and the author who holds such a bias view, I recommend that my fellow Catholics do not open a debate on this issue...since it lacks all credence and respectability. Of course a point can have validity even if the author does not. But in this case neither the point (when viewed in light of the total body of the Pope's writings) or the author (with his outlandish hate speech) have merit.

Our brothers and sisters can figure that out for themselves. And part of the road to real unity is trusting that they will on their own...just as we would in any false charge against them. Because if we do not view each other in love and compassion, then a true unity is smoke and mirrors.

Give our brothers and sisters the respect that they will reject the obviously foolish charge after thinking upon it with any serious thought and looking at the body of the Pope's Christology.

For the curious who want one of the many debunks of Mr. Dyers obviously foolish charges and intentionally out of context rants read the blog post at the Divine Lamp: Post

Upvote 0

ConanTheLibrarian

Nov 11, 2005
Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Agreed, life's too short to be getting worked up over this kind of rubbish. I can think of many better uses for my time, such as praying my rosary. If someone wanted to hear our side, that would be one thing, but their minds have already been made up.

Come to think of it, why wait till Lent to give up browsing TAW?

Upvote 0

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I personally love the Eastern Orthodox tradition and within it see so much of the glory of God, but sadly the EO Church in American is not in the best of sitations, as that thread highlights.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's fine David.... I don't disagree...
BUT maybe you could throw some water on the fire.

I see many of our brothers and sisters saying that the full body of work must be taken into account and such.

The problem is we can not debate there and debate is essentially a point Vs counterpoint. No matter what my intentions would be I would be offering counterpoint. That is debate. So I may think my bucket contains water...but it only contains gasoline.

Our brothers and sisters are reasonable. Yes, reading it from our POV will drive us crazy.

But I trust them to come to the conclusion that those quotes are out of context. That the thought that Benedict is some kind of hidden Nestorian is just outlandish and that if there was any truth to the issue it would have come up between when that book was published (5 years ago) and now. Or that one of the Patriarchs would have raise the issue if there was any validity.

There are some in the thread who see the truth of the issue. Unity will never happen unless the reasonable people in both our groups handle the attacks on their brothers and sisters from the inside.

If we tried to throw water on it here...we just make it worse.

Patience and trust. I have faith in the hearts of our brothers and sisters. As I know you do as well. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.