• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Not feeling sorrow

TenthAveN

Puppies are an acceptable form of currency.
Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone ever struggled with becoming desensitized to their sin? I think I’m feeling that right now, and I’m afraid that my heart is becoming hardened because I’ve rejected Christ for so long.

Ann77

Jun 30, 2020
California
✟25,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have noticed that a lot people with OCD experience what you're going through. Feelings or lack of feeling can become obsessional for some. I know this can be scary..I so get it. But think of it this way, no one with a true hardened heart obsessively worries about this. It's just not logical.

Hoping your OCD gets better. Praying.

..keep walking in faith. Some of the most godly people had a season like this.

William Cowper:
The Lord will happiness divine
On contrite hearts bestow:
Then tell me, gracious God, is mine
A contrite heart or no?

I hear, but seem to hear in vain,
Insensible as steel;
If ought is felt, 'tis only pain
To find I cannot feel.

I sometimes think myself inclined
To love thee, if I could;
But often feel another mind,
Averse to all that's good.

My best desires are faint and few,
I fain would strive for more;
But when I cry, "My strength renew,"
Seem weaker than before.

I see thy saints with comfort filled,
When in thy house of prayer;
But still in bondage I am held,
And find no comfort there.

O make this heart rejoice or ache;
Decide this doubt for me;
And if it be not broken, break,
And heal it if it be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Has anyone ever struggled with becoming desensitized to their sin? I think I’m feeling that right now, and I’m afraid that my heart is becoming hardened because I’ve rejected Christ for so long.
I think you actually do feel sorrow otherwise you wouldn't care to be here . We walk by faith not by our feelings . God is with you

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In what way have you rejected Christ?

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In what way have you rejected Christ?
I have not accepted His forgiveness. It’s difficult to put my full trust and faith in Him, and I keep doing all of these things in order to appease Him, even though I’m aware that they are futile.

Upvote 0

Ann77

Jun 30, 2020
California
✟25,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have not accepted His forgiveness. It’s difficult to put my full trust and faith in Him, and I keep doing all of these things in order to appease Him, even though I’m aware that they are futile.
I can totally relate to this. I question my motives and heart so I'm stuck in unbelief.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you accept his forgiveness?

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why don't you accept his forgiveness?
Because I’m always afraid to evangelize because I’m afraid of becoming an outcast at work and losing friends, and it makes me feel useless and evil.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because I’m always afraid to evangelize because I’m afraid of becoming an outcast at work and losing friends, and it makes me feel useless and evil.
How exactly has God led you to evangelize to them? What is it that you feel you're supposed to be doing?

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How exactly has God led you to evangelize to them? What is it that you feel you're supposed to be doing?
Telling them about Jesus, and letting them see Christ when they see and talk to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Telling them about Jesus, and letting them see Christ when they see and talk to me.
OK. I'm asking because this is a common fear of people with OCD - that they have to evangelize "indiscriminately," so to speak; feeling like they have to bring up Jesus to anyone in any situation, without thinking about whether or not it might be appropriate or whether or not the Holy Spirit is opening up an opportunity. And I've also heard those with OCD express the fear that because they're not evangelizing, they're not saved. These fears of yours sound suspiciously obsessive to me. :)

Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
OK. I'm asking because this is a common fear of people with OCD - that they have to evangelize "indiscriminately," so to speak; feeling like they have to bring up Jesus to anyone in any situation, without thinking about whether or not it might be appropriate or whether or not the Holy Spirit is opening up an opportunity. And I've also heard those with OCD express the fear that because they're not evangelizing, they're not saved. These fears of yours sound suspiciously obsessive to me. :)
Wow Mari thanks for this I struggle with this for years as I know evangelism is my call and it's hard to tell what's OCD and what is coming out of love and freedom

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0