Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

But if you came up to me and told me to put my life in his hands, I'd tell you that I can't. I can't trust something that I cannot feel. It's not even about what I can and cannot see anymore. I don't feel safe and secure, which is something I was told was promised to every Christian. I picked up some bad habits since then, and I blame God for almost every bad thing that happens in my life. I guess that's a good sign in a way. At least I'm not denying that there is a God. =P Still, it's not a good feeling. I want to feel like there's something else out there that's bigger then myself and everything else. I just can't swallow the possibility that we're alone here. But I also can't seem to accept that God has everything under control, and that when I call on Him..He'll answer.

I would love nothing more then to know for an absolute certainty that God is going to catch me the next time I fall.

How do you know that God is watching over you? What convinces you? How can you have so much faith and trust in something that (in your eyes) let's you down so much?

Consider two examples you may have forgotten from the book of Daniel. They are familiar and they exemplify a rare level of faith. The first, in Dan ch. 3, is about the three Hebrew children. Their love for God and their faith was so huge that they came out of an raging inferno with not even the smell of smoke on them.

The second is Daniel ch. 6. Here Daniel displays faith that summoned an angel to close the lions mouth.

In verse 23: The king was overjoyed and ordered that Daniel be lifted from the den. Not a scratch was found on him, for he had trusted in his God.

These are two of many examples that show you if the Hebrew children and Daniel did what they did, you can do that also, because God is not a respecter of persons.

You can see that faith is the answer you are looking and faith comes by hearing and hearing and hearing the Word of God (Rom 10:17)

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if you have children or not, but if you do then ponder this. You leave them every day to carry out your duties as a FATHER, go to work or they leave to go to school, do you ever stop thinking about them and their well being? Do you want them to ever feel abandoned? Would you want them to think that because they cannot see you that you have left them ? You have a love in your heart for them that will never cease. You will always think about them and want them to never feel pain or depression or hurt. You would tell them that even if they can't see you or feel you that it means you are not there for them. You would tell them to know in their heart and mind that you are and will always bee there for them. And it will be their FAITH in your word that makes them trust what you say is the truth. God the Father has given you the same love and the same word. You have to hid His word in your heart. Read his word everyday to set that in concrete.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if you have children or not, but if you do then ponder this. You leave them every day to carry out your duties as a FATHER, go to work or they leave to go to school, do you ever stop thinking about them and their well being? Do you want them to ever feel abandoned? Would you want them to think that because they cannot see you that you have left them ? You have a love in your heart for them that will never cease. You will always think about them and want them to never feel pain or depression or hurt. You would tell them that even if they can't see you or feel you that it means you are not there for them. You would tell them to know in their heart and mind that you are and will always bee there for them. And it will be their FAITH in your word that makes them trust what you say is the truth. God the Father has given you the same love and the same word. You have to hid His word in your heart. Read his word everyday to set that in concrete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been attending church all my life. You know, I had the kind of parents that made us go to church every single Sunday (even if we were sick or coughing up a lung!). At a young age, I didn't fully appreciate or understand the whole "church thing". Like most children, I just went because that's how my parents wanted it.

I think I first began to question the existence of God when I was 15 or so. I had been going to church for my entire life. I had friends in the youth group and my pastors knew me and my family. I thought I had a perfect thing going at the church and I thought my relationship with God was where it was "supposed" to be. Then, things began to fall apart. I was faced with my parents "almost" separation, my sisters diagnoses with Manic depression and my brothers struggle with sexual sin. My limits were tested and I took it rough. Growing up, I struggled with the concept of "speaking" to God and waiting for his answer. I know now what it means to speak to God, but back when I was a kid, I literally waited for a big booming voice from the heavens to tell me everything was going to be okay. I waited for in depth instructions telling me what to do next. Needless to say, that big booming voice I waited on so intensely, never came. I felt alone.

A few years ago, during one of our youth conferences there was an altar call for anyone who wanted healing or a "fresh installation" of faith...something or rather. I wanted it. By that time, I needed confirmation and reassurance desperately and I was hanging on by a thread. I saw these kids going up one by one and I watched amazed as they were filled with the holy spirit. Each one of them sobbing, or speaking in tongues, and some had simply fallen over (toppling over one another). It was...a little scary. Lol...But I still wanted it! I went to school with some of these kids. They had seemingly perfect lives and I had a patched up family and my faith was diminishing. So, I thought during this altar call, I would give it all to God. I would go up there, they would pray over me and I would feel "refreshed", or renewed. So I gave it my all. I filed up to the front with the hundreds of other teenagers and was prayed over by at least 6 or 7 youth leaders. Then suddenly, in a blink of an eye, it was over. I opened my eyes, and took in the scene ahead of me. I stood in the middle of a room filled with crying teenagers that were either falling where they stood or rejoicing back to their seats. I on the other hand, felt nothing. I know it's terrible, but I stood there thinking, "Why did they get what I wanted so bad? Where's my breakthrough?". I called up to Him, and I came willingly. I came to Him wanting, no, NEEDING Him in the worst way...but there was nothing.

I'm 21 years old now. I have no church I go to. I haven't been to one in almost 2 years. My moral standards, and parts of my Christian roots are still here...but I gave up in a way. I'm not sure if I gave up on God, or if I gave up on the church. I pray, and I speak to God sometimes (which took some time). But if you came up to me and told me to put my life in his hands, I'd tell you that I can't. I can't trust something that I cannot feel. It's not even about what I can and cannot see anymore. I don't feel safe and secure, which is something I was told was promised to every Christian. I picked up some bad habits since then, and I blame God for almost every bad thing that happens in my life. I guess that's a good sign in a way. At least I'm not denying that there is a God. =P Still, it's not a good feeling. I want to feel like there's something else out there that's bigger then myself and everything else. I just can't swallow the possibility that we're alone here. But I also can't seem to accept that God has everything under control, and that when I call on Him..He'll answer.

I would love nothing more then to know for an absolute certainty that God is going to catch me the next time I fall.

How do you know that God is watching over you? What convinces you? How can you have so much faith and trust in something that (in your eyes) let's you down so much?
I have to say after reading your post, I didn't see a contrite heart, or one who reconized your sins and realized your need to be forgiven. This is step one! actually being sorry!....those you witnessed crying, they felt their sins, they had a realization of what had seperated them from God, Their Sin! when you come to the place where you realize your own sin and that this sin will one day cause complete and eternal seperation from God, then and only then will you see a need for a Savior, and you will run to the only one who gave His own life for yours, thats why you can trust Jesus, He took your punishment, thats why the other kids were rejoicing, because they realized they had been forgiven and were nolonger going to receive punishment, because they repented, without repentance there can be no forgivness of sins, thus there is no joy, no nothing, people walk away not feeling a thing, they wanted to feel somthing but they had no need for a Savior. Also the next big factor is having unforgivness in your heart, it will also prevent you from receiving forgivness. If you expect God to forgive you, you must be willing to forgive others, no matter how extreme the sin was, that was done against you, personally I had to forgive someone who raped me as a kid, not an easy task, but very freeing to let that person be forgiven, In which I was able to find forgivness for my sins. Anyway you don't need any special event to go to to find this experience, I found it in the middle of a dirty garage floor if you just call out to God with a contrite heart He will lift your sins away and you will find that refreshing spirit your searching for

Upvote 0

alive2Christ

Apr 20, 2012
✟23,798.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Many people have spirits which are not of God as a result of going up to recieve the spirit and started getting emotional and speaking tongues and falling about.
My thoughts on why you felt nothing when the others did was because God did not permit an unclean spirit to enter you.I used to feel a failure when others went up and I just couldn't bring myself to.Now I am glad I stayed in my seat.Take heart.Ask god to reveal Christ Jesus to you and tell him you can do nothing without Him.
I am just about to pray for you.
God bless you.

Upvote 0