Not open for further replies.

Sirunai

Mar 17, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Christian
Nostradmus has really vague prophecies. Let me show you:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

What can all this mean? Some people believe this predicted 9/11.

The City of God could be Jerusalem, Rome, any place with a church, could be a million places. A great thumder can also be a million things. A bomb, a building collapse, a fire, a gunfight, train crash, anything. The two brothers? Think of two nations! oh Israel and Palestine. Pakistan and India? Fortress? well, there are about a million different fortresses on this planet. A third world war because of a city burning? No duh! If someone attacks and leaves a city burning there's a good chance of war.

See? I'm sure you can use that to explain other historical events.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From what I've read, Nostrodamus made few if any prophecies. He made poems about things that have been twisted and mistranslated to get money by people thinking they're prophecies about the future. But I could be wrong. The only thing I've read about it was a book called End Time Visions (I forget the author). Good book though. I recommend it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If he was a prophet from God he would not have hid his prophecies.

He would have stood up and said this is from God………….. if they said (as they did) recant or you will die he would have said kill me.

You know like the Monk the Catholics burned at the stake for saying God told him the stars were other suns with planets around them. They said recant or die he said no God told me this they said you lie and we will burn you alive because we are the church and we know everything.

His name was Giordano Bruno

Giordano Bruno was brought to the public stake, gagged, and burned alive on February 8, 1600.

For words such as this

This entire globe, this star, not being subject to death, and dissolution and annihilation being impossible anywhere in Nature, from time to time renews itself by changing and altering all its parts. There is no absolute up or down, as Aristotle taught; no absolute position in space; but the position of a body is relative to that of other bodies. Everywhere there is incessant relative change in position throughout the universe, and the observer is always at the center of things.

Gee that sounds like relativity.

[font=&quot]Good thing the Church still did not rule when Einstein cams along or they would have burned him too[/font]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truly Blessed

Jul 5, 2004
✟15,212.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I perdict at the very least that both john316 and RED that's ME
staffs.jpg
got their initial avatars for the same place ;) .

:p

Upvote 0

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
bruno was cool dude!sounds kinda newtonian too.
one thing about the hiding the quatrains shtick,the angel told Daniel to shut the book at that point and reveal no more of the vision...other cases could come to mind if you want to make an issue out of it and waste both our time and distract us too.
Thats very true about the false thing captain sparrow,but not nice or tactfull or called for.we know who we are....we just dont care....
Take a look at quantum phisics for a hodge podge of superstition mixed with factotums.TALK ABOUT THE OLD LOG AND SPECK!
Perhaps, if you are into phisics,you could enlighten the class as to how all the mass of everything in one place at one time(pre big bang)ie a humungus black hole,could get the energy to explode out ward faster than the black hole could suck it inward???
There seems to be a contradiction to me....?(maybe that will keep him occupied while we bring in a post about the nwo to oggle over.)....seriously though folks..i have wondered how you get the mother of all black holes to blow up?(give me a place to stand and ill move the world!)
mAYBE JUST SOME PART OF THE WORLD ENDED IN 1999,NOT ALL OF IT......

Upvote 0

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actualy he did not say it would end in 1999 it was was interited that way by some. He was refuring to the end of the world as it was known to man. But then again that was not the first time in history the world died as it was known to man.

Look back and see how at certain times alot of change has came about all at one time. In 1999 there was the starting of another great change in society as we know it a death in a sense to the world as it is known to man. Another took place in the mid 80's, and another in the mid to late 50's. Look about you and see when you started noticing more sins revealed in the world how they became more open and more accepted.

It was an end in ways because we started getting more technology that brought things to us quicker and in many more forms than before.

But we have been living in the end for many many years now. In the ways that our great great grandfathers also where in the end days. They are coming at a more rapid pace now as the time is drawing near the chess board is nearly set for this world now, soon the real "game" will begin.

As for Nostradamus though he hid his writing in the form he did so as not to be burned by the church as a witch. His second wife brought back his past occult ways of divination. His writing make him out to be a seer yet since our Father is never mentioned his "power" to so into the furture could not be from the Lord. As the Lord has instructed all other profits and was mentioned this man mentioned Him not. I do not take his writings as from God but from another source.

God bless!
Raist

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.