Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Questioner said:
What do people think about Nostradamus?

Either he got his visions from God or he did not , so let's take a look.

Quote Nostradamus - Sitting by night in my secret study,
Alone, resting upon the stool of brass,
A slight flame, going out of the solitude,
Makes me pronounce what is not to be believed vain.
The wand in hand, set in the middle of the branches,
From the wave I wet both the hem and the foot,
In fear I write, trembling in the sleeves,
Divine splendor: the Divine seated nearby.

Another version says "the god sits near by".

And if this is not from God , then from who ?.....you are now entering the twilight zone..:help: ....lol

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Brain

So what if someone says it was God talking to them it has to be God.

Nastradamus fails the test as a prophet of God.

prophets of God all have one thing in common they say what God tells them without fear for their lives. he did not do this and infact the symbols are not what he seen but what he put in to hide what he was saying from the Church as he feared for his life. true Prophets of God do not fear for their life.

I would say he is a false prophet.......................who got some things right...................because we can all get some things right..........................but un the end his words will only deceive people into believing a lie.

Upvote 0

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just The Facts said:
Hi Brain

prophets of God all have one thing in common they say what God tells them without fear for their lives. he did not do this and infact the symbols are not what he seen but what he put in to hide what he was saying from the Church as he feared for his life. true Prophets of God do not fear for their life.

I would say he is a false prophet.......................who got some things right...................because we can all get some things right..........................but un the end his words will only deceive people into believing a lie.

Wow the end truely is coming.

This is the first time I recall agreeing with you in this forum ^_^ :p

But yes he was in great fear of the Church and in fear of being thought a witch. His second wife reopened his occultic mind so to speak.

God bless!
Raist

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For a while years ago,I was interested in Nostradamus.I'd seen a tv program on his prophesy.So, I bought a book of his quatrains.Frankly I defy anyone to interperate them.To the layman they are completely meaningless.In the book under the quatrain there was speculative thought written about possible meaning.Nothing certain,just guessing.So,I abandoned that.

Upvote 0

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just The Facts said:
Hi Raistlinorr

Wow the end truely is coming.

This is the first time I recall agreeing with you in this forum
End Quote

Well things are starting to look up for you (smile) Soon you may actually understand bible prophecy (smile)

LOL either that or you might brother ;) :p

God bless!
Raist

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Just The Facts said:
Hi Brain

Yep I agree....:thumbsup:

Satan is well known for mixing truth with lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.