✟7,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am in the East Bay ( Brentwood area) :wave:

Cool to see so many neighbors here... Anyone else on here go to Golden Hills in Antioch?
I haven't read all the post. Since I'm new here I have a lot of catching up to do on posts hahahah:tutu:

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am in the East Bay ( Brentwood area) :wave:

Cool to see so many neighbors here... Anyone else on here go to Golden Hills in Antioch? :tutu:

We live up north now, but my wife used to go to Golden Hills when it was still small enough to meet at the warehouse on Sunset Drive. I borrowed a 15-passanger van from Golden Hills to take a Class B drivers license DMV drive test for a job around 1993 or '94. Larry and Carla Adams were at our wedding in 1994. Did you know Jeff Lodge?

Upvote 0

TrinityLives

Jul 24, 2007
East Bay, California
✟7,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We live up north now, but my wife used to go to Golden Hills when it was still small enough to meet at the warehouse on Sunset Drive. I borrowed a 15-passanger van from Golden Hills to take a Class B drivers license DMV drive test for a job around 1993 or '94. Larry and Carla Adams were at our wedding in 1994. Did you know Jeff Lodge?

OH WOW what a small world! I love Pastor Larry. I have been attending Golden Hills for 2 years now but I went to Liberty High 20 years ago, I remember when it was a tiny cottage ( its still on the property).
Boy has alllllllllllllllllll that changed!

I can't say that I know Jeff Lodge.... Is he or was he a Pastor at GH?

:clap:

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
OH WOW what a small world! I love Pastor Larry. I have been attending Golden Hills for 2 years now but I went to Liberty High 20 years ago, I remember when it was a tiny cottage ( its still on the property).
Boy has alllllllllllllllllll that changed!

Yeah...we've noticed! We get down there a couple of times a year to visit family and it's amazing how much it's all grown up. I remember when they first built on that spot, when they moved out of that warehouse on Sunset. People said "Why in the world are they building a church out in the middle of nowhere?!"...but town has grown up all around them and now they're in the middle of somewhere!! :D (The best feature is the Barnes & Noble right across the street now!!:thumbsup: )

I can't say that I know Jeff Lodge.... Is he or was he a Pastor at GH?

He was just a church member that taught junior high Sunday school. He died suddenly of a heart attack on New Year's Day...I guess it would have been 2006. He was a friend of mine, and he was only in his forties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TrinityLives

Jul 24, 2007
East Bay, California
✟7,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:( Sorry to hear about your friend:(

Just recently they added MORE stores. In the same parking area of GH, there is a entire shopping area.
They have Chuck E Cheese about oh 100 yards from the church or so now ;)p

The fight for parking begins, GH members have already been filling the Target across the street now theres more parking with less walking!
I'm sure one of these sundays we'll hear about that too haha

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi! I'm new here today and trying to find my way around...sheesh!

I live in far northern CA, near Mt. Shasta.

:wave:

Howdy, Rachel!! Welcome to CF!!

I'm going to be bringing some big brood stock fish up to the Mt. Shasta hatchery this week!! And I think also for the Kid's Fishing Day at the hatchery sometime in the near furure. (I forget exactly when that is. It might be next weekend!)

Shasta looks odd with no snow on it, huh? Same with Lassen Peak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We had some unusually hot days in July...over 100. We generally don't even see a lot of 90's here. That's over now and our days have been in the high 80's. Quite comfortable. All in all, other than the July heat wave, it's been about normal.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Sitting in Trinidad right now.... fog is in, and so glad to escape the heat just east of here

I use to SCUBA dive off Trinidad Head when I l was living in Eureka. the last time I dove there was in '82 I think. I miss the north coast - borned and raised in Eureka.

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sitting in Trinidad right now.... fog is in, and so glad to escape the heat just east of here

I wish I could be there. It was 103 on my porch today. But of course, I wasn't working on my porch, but out on the asphalt and concrete...

I've done trail maintenance out on Trinidad Head when I was in the CCC in 1988 or so. And I know a guy who used to own a restaraunt in downtown Trinidad...I think it was The Koffee Klutch or something like that in 1989.

Upvote 0